"I am far from convinced he is the right man for the job." (Q&As)

1 hour ago, Dave_Og said:

Coventry won the paint pot before their promotion season so we have held that particular record for longer. 

....and it was the old Division Two title we won, not the old League One title. That’s 21 years in League One for ya.

Also, we didn’t beat Man Yoo on plastic.

23 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

....and it was the old Division Two title we won, not the old League One title. That’s 21 years in League One for ya.

Also, we didn’t beat Man Yoo on plastic.

Did we beat City on plastic? Or Liverpool?

Edited by longtimeblue

13 minutes ago, longtimeblue said:

Did we beat City on plastic? Or Liverpool?

No and No. We played City on the plastic pitch twice, one draw, one loss (Gary Megson scored the winner). We did beat City twice (out of 2) at Maine Road when we had the plastic pitch. 

We played Liverpool in the year before the plastic pitch, in the league cup, and lost. As well as the year after and lost.

We did beat Liverpool as part of the 'Great Escape' in the first PL season. 

9 minutes ago, Latics and England said:

4th highest ground. Used to be 3rd after West Brom and Port Vale but I think Forest Green have crashed the party now

I though Vale but looked it up and one site said we were six feet higher. Maybe tectonic plate movements. 

Interesting that so many see stuff online and take it at face value but when you read something on a subject you know well and spot errors it does question just how much information is inaccurate. 

Best example I have seen this year was Didi Hamman in the Racing Post tipping us for promotion but just about every element of the written analysis was incorrect. 

With apologies to the contributoes; nothing personal. 

21 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Interesting that so many see stuff online and take it at face value but when you read something on a subject you know well and spot errors it does question just how much information is inaccurate. 

Best example I have seen this year was Didi Hamman in the Racing Post tipping us for promotion but just about every element of the written analysis was incorrect. 

With apologies to the contributoes; nothing personal. 

In fairness to the person, he's obviously been going a while and clearly confused the 'pinch-me' season with the first year in the First Division. Madness to think that it's pushing 30 years!