30 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

What's the state of their pitch in comparison to our pristine surface I wonder? 🤔

4 minutes ago, Buryshaker said:

excellent

The condition of my back lawn is excellent when you compare it to BP playing surface. 

Having checked the highlights of the game at Gigg Lane versus Crawley, it looks somewhat worn and boggy but definitely an improvement on our own surface.

I presume that you guys will be resting a few on Saturday so they will be fresh for the big Checkatrade game against Pompey? 😉

1 hour ago, TheBigDog said:

The condition of my back lawn is excellent when you compare it to BP playing surface. 

Having checked the highlights of the game at Gigg Lane versus Crawley, it looks somewhat worn and boggy but definitely an improvement on our own surface.

I presume that you guys will be resting a few on Saturday so they will be fresh for the big Checkatrade game against Pompey? 😉

was bad one game due to torrential rain but its very flat and defo not boggy.  dries out well so id expect a good passing surface which suits us perfectly. we hate playing in conditions like we saw at your place. got to say that first 45 mins was massively out of character

10 minutes ago, disjointed said:

If we give the ball away as easy as we did on Tuesday they could run up a cricket score.

Seems too have been a theme throughout the season anyway I'd expect more of the same 😂

Oh by the way new member, Hi all

59 minutes ago, JTM said:

Seems too have been a theme throughout the season anyway I'd expect more of the same 😂

Oh by the way new member, Hi all

49 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

If JTM stands for joined to moan you’ll fit in well. Welcome aboard. 

It’s times like these when I really miss the good ol’ upboat  👀

55 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

If JTM stands for joined to moan you’ll fit in well. Welcome aboard. 

😂😂😂 very clever, it's actually my son's initials. Can't say I'm a serial moaner I'll let you make your own mind up 😂

2 hours ago, Buryshaker said:

our midfeild isnt just oshea and mayor we have now signed Rossiter whose been immense since coming and Adams has 10 assists and deliverers more crosses than any other player in the football league. not too shabby. Be a cracking game and great atmosphere lads

You play with 3 in midfield whether that be Danns, Rossiter or O’Connnell complimenting the other two. I believe Rossiter got injured at Exeter? Either way and whichever one out of the 3 you play alongside Mayor and O’Shea they would be playing against a midfield 4 if we played a narrow diamond. The idea is stopping the source of over half of your goals which are these two. Of course that means there are gaps elsewhere but should we win the midfield battle then theoretically your wingbacks would do more defensively than offensively and as such the plan could work. 

As stated in previous post, if we don’t get it right and it doesn’t work, retreat into a flat 5 across the middle and get our wide midfielders watching the movement out wide of Adams and McFadzean and just try and nullify the threat of Mayor and O’Shea the best you possibly can.

All the while trying to hit on the counter attack with pacey frontmen (if they are fit)

Very tough game but hope we can give as good as we get

Edited by unsworthlatic

2 hours ago, unsworthlatic said:

You play with 3 in midfield whether that be Danns, Rossiter or O’Connnell complimenting the other two. I believe Rossiter got injured at Exeter? Either way and whichever one out of the 3 you play alongside Mayor and O’Shea they would be playing against a midfield 4 if we played a narrow diamond. The idea is stopping the source of over half of your goals which are these two. Of course that means there are gaps elsewhere but should we win the midfield battle then theoretically your wingbacks would do more defensively than offensively and as such the plan could work. 

As stated in previous post, if we don’t get it right and it doesn’t work, retreat into a flat 5 across the middle and get our wide midfielders watching the movement out wide of Adams and McFadzean and just try and nullify the threat of Mayor and O’Shea the best you possibly can.

All the while trying to hit on the counter attack with pacey frontmen (if they are fit)

Very tough game but hope we can give as good as we get

Rossiter is fit he just got cramp. key is the wing backs who support the middle 3 for us and switch it to a 5 at will. Going forward no team can match us but we are average in defence (individually decent defenders but crap at defending crosses) vulnerable from wide positions. Murphy is a very average keeper in my opinion and refuses to come off his line for anything, that is how you'll beat us, that and trying to keep mayor, adams, oshea rossiter, moore and Maynard quiet

Edited by Buryshaker