Amazing what fan power and desire can do

This topic has.been largely ignored with no response, but what a good read that was. It really is the true ideal of a Phoenix club, and a model latics should be looking at should the need ever arise.

I don't think we are quite there yet, I'm still one of the few willing to wait and see how all this pans out, but the first thing I'd be doing is getting a flight over to Salamanca and seeing how it's done.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/25/2019 at 9:00 PM, philliggi said:

This topic has.been largely ignored with no response, but what a good read that was. It really is the true ideal of a Phoenix club, and a model latics should be looking at should the need ever arise.

I don't think we are quite there yet, I'm still one of the few willing to wait and see how all this pans out, but the first thing I'd be doing is getting a flight over to Salamanca and seeing how it's done.

Because, with some exceptions obviously, we have one of the most apathetic fan bases in the country (in my opinion).

We used to have some fire in our belly and, before the 3 amigos came in, there was a small hardcore of fans who put in a lot of work to try and ensure our survival. All those people are a lot older now (and weary of it all) and some are sadly no longer with us. 

Appreciate there is a FLG doing something (hopefully very good) behind the scenes but, with regard to anything else, we have been found very sadly lacking (despite the new owner taking us down after all the glee at Corney going). Since relegation, it's fair to say things have gone from bad to worse - but a complete lack of direct action from any of us .

• Like 1

22 hours ago, wiseowl said:

Because, with some exceptions obviously, we have one of the most apathetic fan bases in the country (in my opinion).

We used to have some fire in our belly and, before the 3 amigos came in, there was a small hardcore of fans who put in a lot of work to try and ensure our survival. All those people are a lot older now (and weary of it all) and some are sadly no longer with us. 

Appreciate there is a FLG doing something (hopefully very good) behind the scenes but, with regard to anything else, we have been found very sadly lacking (despite the new owner taking us down after all the glee at Corney going). Since relegation, it's fair to say things have gone from bad to worse - but a complete lack of direct action from any of us .

Too many people would want instant success, even from a Phoenix club and not have the patience to stick by the "slowly slowly" plan. 

Just because one Phoenix club is successful. It doesn’t mean we will be. Look at Chester, They haven’t managed to get back in the football league. You could just end up playing in non league football for years and be stuck down there. 

48 minutes ago, spadam said:

Just because one Phoenix club is successful. It doesn’t mean we will be. Look at Chester, They haven’t managed to get back in the football league. You could just end up playing in non league football for years and be stuck down there. 

Add Halifax, Darlington, Rushden, Hereford and many more

On 6/5/2019 at 7:06 PM, wiseowl said:

I wonder if this is a little bit of a reflection of the town of Oldham?

Now I'm not one for kicking Oldham as a place (although Im clearly doing so with this post) I can clearly see that certain parts of it are alright in fact better than alright their are genuinely nice parts of Oldham. I never used to join in with "Oldhams a shit hole we already know chant" 

But yet again last year it was voted the UKs most deprived area. When you walk around the town you do feel like alot of people have just given up and pretty much accepted it's reputation is justified and deserved, People who have higher aspirations often tend to leave town rather than try to achieve them in Oldham. 

Am I being unfair?

Edited by GlossopLatic
  • Like 1