Fans Bar

10 hours ago, unsworth blue said:

Good luck Billy - one of the very few positives at Latics over the recent past 

Will genuinely miss your customer services skills and willingness to go the extra mile for the supporters.

Don't stay at United too long mate lol - will ruin you   

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Billy, you’ve used the term 100% in a couple of your last posts- can you clarify if you mean a) definitely or b)twice as much. Asking for a weird cunt ?

Good luck in your new job I’m sure you’ll be an asset, even though you’ve twice let me down on a front row main stand upper seat to accommodate my extreme long legs !! 

1 hour ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Billy, you’ve used the term 100% in a couple of your last posts- can you clarify if you mean a) definitely or b)twice as much. Asking for a weird cunt ?

Good luck in your new job I’m sure you’ll be an asset, even though you’ve twice let me down on a front row main stand upper seat to accommodate my extreme long legs !! 

I mean definitely haha, we definitely made a loss on the 100 Club last season

And cheers! Unfortunately all the seats up there belong to Season Ticket holders 😉 

19 minutes ago, OAFCBilly said:

And cheers! Unfortunately all the seats up there belong to Season Ticket holders 😉 

Would it be worth me getting one in the main stand upper and see there’s one on front row free ? (Suppose you can’t answer). Open to the floor ? But then if there’s not would I be able to move to the lower as I can not physically fit on other rows ?  

8 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Would it be worth me getting one in the main stand upper and see there’s one on front row free ? (Suppose you can’t answer). Open to the floor ? But then if there’s not would I be able to move to the lower as I can not physically fit on other rows ?  

There's only one seat available to purchase on the front row of the main stand upper and that's seat A38... other than that it's up to you what you want to do. There are some aisle seats available as well further up. If you want you can come in and I'd happily take you up there and you can "test" the seats and I'll show you what's available and what isn't

Yes we can swap seats around but there is a £10 charge for the reprinted Season Card we would have to issue

3 hours ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

There will be plenty available next season.

How bloody tall are you? We need a target man alongside Azankpo I 

You kindly exchanged my seat in the main stand for one in disabled area RRE prior to the start the season

Hopefully I will now be able to use my originally intended seat for my first match next Saturday. 

I assume I need to exchange my season ticket again

5 hours ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

6 foot 7. Unfortunately I’m also 20 stone these days. Almost as large as akinfenwa I’m afraid 😳

If you are 6ft7 then the MSU is not the place for you. I'm only 5ft7 with little legs and I sometimes struggle for legroom. 

The front row isn't any different to the other rows in my opinion. 

If you want to sit in the MSU then your best bet is probably one of the rows where that row is the front row of the block of seats, or is by an exit. 

17 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

If you are 6ft7 then the MSU is not the place for you. I'm only 5ft7 with little legs and I sometimes struggle for legroom. 

If you want to sit in the MSU then your best bet is probably one of the rows where that row is the front row of the block of seats, or is by an exit. 

I’ve always been fine on the front row. I lean forward resting on the wall in front. Great view imo. 

9 hours ago, rudemedic said:

I sit on the front row and have plenty of room. Mind you I’m only 6’6” ...👀

12 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

I'm thoroughly enjoying all this height material - is anyone else on here tall? 

I was a late developer. I once got my mum to take me to the doc as I was convinced I was a dwarf but am now six foot three ish. If any proper shortarses want me to check I can see if I've got any of what he gave me left. It's probably behind the spice jars that only got used once. 

20 hours ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

😂

22 hours ago, OAFCBilly said:

The thing is though that many of the 100 club members and boxholders are among the clubs wealthier fans and/or fans willing and eager to chuck a bit more money in than the majority.

Many of them are/were sponsors aswell.

Even if the 100 club (and boxes?), in isolation, show a loss on paper there's still merit in taking that loss on the chin if you're playing the long game or trying to play the long game properly. 

If we do well in the league or cups there'll suddenly be demand for any empty spots and 100 club members/boxholders with businesses might be up for spending a bit more on extra advertising/sponsorship within this very season. 

It all seems at best short sighted and at worst just inept. 

It's to all our detriments that the Lemmy's won't risk losing a bit on what could be a lucrative (alleged) loss leader for seemingly no other reason than loss of face. 

40 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

The thing is though that many of the 100 club members and boxholders are among the clubs wealthier fans and/or fans willing and eager to chuck a bit more money in than the majority.

Many of them are/were sponsors aswell.

Even if the 100 club (and boxes?), in isolation, show a loss on paper there's still merit in taking that loss on the chin if you're playing the long game or trying to play the long game properly. 

If we do well in the league or cups there'll suddenly be demand for any empty spots and 100 cub members/boxholders with businesses might be up for spending a bit more on extra advertising/sponsorship within this very season. 

It all seems at best short sighted and at worst just inept. 

It's to all our detriments that the Lemmy's won't risk losing a bit on what could be a lucrative (alleged) loss leader for seemingly no other reason than loss of face. 

This is the thing though, the 100 Club Season Tickets that were sold at the start of last season, we weren't even covering our costs with the prices set. Everything else comes after but from what I've been taught in Business it's that you should at the very least cover your costs.

As a Business we can't charge cheaper prices for 100 Club Season Tickets at the start of the season and then bank on a successful season/100 Club members spending more on advertising/sponsorship. If we are successful that spend will come anyway as they will want the exposure for their own business. If we are unsuccessful then we've definitely made a loss. 

Empty spots are sold on an individual basis and again if we're successful in the league/cup, that spend will come anyway.

It's very risky charging cheaper prices than your cost value for 100 Club membership, anticipating a loss overall but saying "If we have a decent cup/league run these businesses will spend more..." as we can't control if they definitely will even if we do well and we can't control what happens on the pitch either. So instead as a Business you have to manage the things you can control and that's covering your costs and charging a price that does this (which wasn't the case last year)

Also quite a lot of 100 club members were just there for the hospitality treatment and didn't own businesses.

I've ran this all by Pat, he's happy for you to call him if you want, I'll message you his number :) 

Archived