#ReclaimTheFaith

12 hours ago, whittles left foot said:

Well of course they wouldn't knowing where they are now, and there is the rub we don't know where or what we may end up with. Bury and Wigan fans would disagree with you.

I will concede that if we could end up in a Port Vale scenario it would be heaven compared to what we have now. I just don't buy how you think we are an attractive proposition given our complicated ownership and that there are genuine buyers out there.

It doesn't matter whether it washes with you or me, we are stuck with what we have for now.

Of course there is still the mythical bid from FLG, does your bid news have more credibility than this? I will take a guess and say you don't know.

Just made your comment in bold. This makes me wonder.

Where do you believe we will be pretty what we will end up with continuing as we are currently? Baring in mind, we’ve used over 70 different players since the owners involvement back in August 2017 and the finishes being lower each season? Relegated, 14th in L2 and 19th in L2.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, unsworthlatic said:

Just made your comment in bold. This makes me wonder.

Where do you believe we will be pretty what we will end up with continuing as we are currently? Baring in mind, we’ve used over 70 different players since the owners involvement back in August 2017 and the finishes being lower each season? Relegated, 14th in L2 and 19th in L2.

You keep changing your point to make the same point. Wanting him gone and the reality are two very different things. 

Nobody. Likes. AL. 

But.

Whittles is spot on though, we are where we are. Nobody and I mean nobody will buy the club for the price AL wants and the structure of what’s on offer. What is so hard to understand about that? 

22 minutes ago, League one forever said:

You keep changing your point to make the same point. Wanting him gone and the reality are two very different things. 

Nobody. Likes. AL. 

But.

Whittles is spot on though, we are where we are. Nobody and I mean nobody will buy the club for the price AL wants and the structure of what’s on offer. What is so hard to understand about that? 

Because AL has over inflated his valuation of the club shouldn’t be a reason not to sell and fans to just ‘accept it’. We are constantly behind with payments, players dispute still not sorted, should fans wait till the barrel is empty and extra debts lumped in again? The more debt/ late payments continue, the likely hood of returning to the courts is high. I can’t just accept this is where we are. Why can’t fans want the best for the club without it being seen as a negative. 

Whilst admitting that I have continued to support the Club by purchasing season tickets previously, and only the uncertainty of Covid has probably prevented me getting this season's, I can't help thinking that the assertion that somehow by starving the current regime of funds we are going to "smoke them out".

There's no doubt that it could prove an effective strategy against most people in AL's situation, who would probably decide to cut their losses and sell at a relatively bargain price, but we are not dealing with "most people" here.

He's obviously overpaid for what he received and has struggled to implement his perceived master plan of showcasing foreign talent for resale in the English leagues so has no chance of recouping anywhere near his initial outlay and maintenance expenses.

Part of the problem may be in his ethnic culture whereby losing face is regarded as being tantamount to a personal insult, part may be bloody-mindedness but whatever the reason I feel if he was going to capitulate he's had ample opportunities to do so.

The mere fact he has persevered with his brother's misguided judgement on player's abilities suggests he's not about to cut and run any time soon !

2 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Whilst admitting that I have continued to support the Club by purchasing season tickets previously, and only the uncertainty of Covid has probably prevented me getting this season's, I can't help thinking that the assertion that somehow by starving the current regime of funds we are going to "smoke them out".

There's no doubt that it could prove an effective strategy against most people in AL's situation, who would probably decide to cut their losses and sell at a relatively bargain price, but we are not dealing with "most people" here.

He's obviously overpaid for what he received and has struggled to implement his perceived master plan of showcasing foreign talent for resale in the English leagues so has no chance of recouping anywhere near his initial outlay and maintenance expenses.

Part of the problem may be in his ethnic culture whereby losing face is regarded as being tantamount to a personal insult, part may be bloody-mindedness but whatever the reason I feel if he was going to capitulate he's had ample opportunities to do so.

The mere fact he has persevered with his brother's misguided judgement on player's abilities suggests he's not about to cut and run any time soon !

The constant pain of banging your head against a brick wall has to tell eventually. I'm not going to provide any cushioning.

1 minute ago, Magic Mikey said:

The constant pain of banging your head against a brick wall has to tell eventually. I'm not going to provide any cushioning.

I suppose it just depends who's head it is..........your's or the regime's ?

I'll just buy a Euromillions lucky dip and hope for the best. 

1 minute ago, Bobledgersheart said:

I suppose it just depends who's head it is..........your's or the regime's ?

I'll just buy a Euromillions lucky dip and hope for the best. 

His. I've had something back for banging mine for nearly 50 years.

I'll carry on going to matches, buy any shirt I want and call OAFC my club. I don't care who owns what, or how others that don't own it may run it. I was here before Al and hopefully for sometime to come yet. Doesn't make me a supporter of the Al in or the Al out brigades, it makes me an OAFC supporter.

Just a few observations to the comments. What would be the difference should the club enter administration owing 1 million or 5 million? to a potential new buyer.  Chances are the buyer wouldn't pay 1 million either way. To those wishing to run Al out of town with burning pitch forks, once achieved what's you next plan?

5 minutes ago, Lags said:

I'll carry on going to matches, buy any shirt I want and call OAFC my club. I don't care who owns what, or how others that don't own it may run it. I was here before Al and hopefully for sometime to come yet. Doesn't make me a supporter of the Al in or the Al out brigades, it makes me an OAFC supporter.

Just a few observations to the comments. What would be the difference should the club enter administration owing 1 million or 5 million? to a potential new buyer.  Chances are the buyer wouldn't pay 1 million either way. To those wishing to run Al out of town with burning pitch forks, once achieved what's you next plan?

Burning pitch forks. Wrong on more than one level, but I'll just address the one. Trying to get the clowns out by voting with your feet is a calm, measured and for the majority I've seen, a reluctant and painful response. 

36 minutes ago, Lags said:

Fair play for having the heart to want to go and watch the pile of wank on display on a week in week out basis.

Showing loyalty to the club through buying season tickets is not going to solve this problem. 

We are going to end up in administration either way unless he sells. personally Id rather it was done quickly. Then once he has gone all the fans can rally together behind a common cause.

The worst case scenario would be us going bump. That would mean it would probably take a decade to get back to where we are now but it would be great ride and we would all be singing of the same hymm sheet having some great away days and celebrating promotions. Thats as bad as it will get.

The best case scenario will get is someone who takes over the club this season and brings the club back together and we then start going upwards from here and again be a united club. Either way we are going to be better off without them, and with them we will.endvup.in admin.

43 minutes ago, Magic Mikey said:

Burning pitch forks. Wrong on more than one level, but I'll just address the one. Trying to get the clowns out by voting with your feet is a calm, measured and for the majority I've seen, a reluctant and painful response. 

What other levels are wrong? 

So, once they're out, what's the plan?

6 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Showing loyalty to the club through buying season tickets is not going to solve this problem. 

We are going to end up in administration either way unless he sells. personally Id rather it was done quickly. Then once he has gone all the fans can rally together behind a common cause.

The worst case scenario would be us going bump. That would mean it would probably take a decade to get back to where we are now but it would be great ride and we would all be singing of the same hymm sheet having some great away days and celebrating promotions. Thats as bad as it will get.

The best case scenario will get is someone who takes over the club this season and brings the club back together and we then start going upwards from here and again be a united club. Either way we are going to be better off without them, and with them we will.endvup.in admin.

So, we go bump. If and it is an if, some phoenix rises from the ashes and during this 10 year ride back to bottom of league two we don't like some other owner, what then?

56 minutes ago, Lags said:

Next plan? Enjoy supporting the team without the ongoing issue of what’s going on behind the scenes. Fans shouldn’t have to worry about this sort of thing but when even Radio Manchester start challenging the owner surely you must see things are not right? I don’t see what burying heads in the sand achieves when we are in the current state we are in. 

3 minutes ago, Lags said:

So, we go bump. If and it is an if, some phoenix rises from the ashes and during this 10 year ride back to bottom of league two we don't like some other owner, what then?

I’m struggling to see how this is even an argument for what your saying. How many clubs recently can you say have had the publicity (in the bad way we have)? There are a lot more good owners out there than bad. The next one  may stay for 20 years and is brilliant? 

6 minutes ago, Lags said:

You have burning torches and pitchforks. You don't set fire to the pitchfork. I understood what you meant and let that slide (ish).

3 minutes ago, adamoafc said:

Next plan? Enjoy supporting the team without the ongoing issue of what’s going on behind the scenes. Fans shouldn’t have to worry about this sort of thing but when even Radio Manchester start challenging the owner surely you must see things are not right? I don’t see what burying heads in the sand achieves when we are in the current state we are in. 

Radio Manchester are saying they've had a written responce but want him to talk on a talk platform.

Who said things are right? not I.

1 minute ago, Magic Mikey said:

You have burning torches and pitchforks. You don't set fire to the pitchfork. I understood what you meant and let that slide (ish).

Aye I see. That makes it wrong. Blimey.

4 minutes ago, Lags said:

Radio Manchester are saying they've had a written responce but want him to talk on a talk platform.

Who said things are right? not I.

Even though you have never said things are right, you give the impression that you think we are just moaning over nothing (with LaticsPete 'like' approval each time). 

6 minutes ago, Lags said:

There are a millions plans.

Community Club, even Macclesfield are going that route now.

Professionals in the various jobs, weed out those that are not/loyal to a person not the club.

Firmer foundations.

Invest more in youth, scout in the lower leagues.

Smaller tighter squad but a bit better youth.
Identify the right charachter of player.

Tight financial planning, but clear and budgetted and excellent management of accounts whilst being able to adapt to challenges and opportunities.

Build relationships with supliers and sponsors.

Regain the reputation as being a club that looks after it's players and makes it fun.

Become a club that invests in mental health and renown for players regaining positive mntal health.

Build on the work of the Comminuity Trust and a pathway through our squads, rather than a quick buck.

Identify the right Directors and leaders of the club

Abandon the coup at the Trust and work with it to safeguard the future of the stadium or a move away.

Benchmark against the best and succesful clubs and take the positive aspects from them.

Everything we haven't been doing for years. It's not rocket science.

48 minutes ago, Lags said:

Thats the crux of it......I don't think there is one however. IT does not mean that we should not have one, or have fan groups working on one. IS there enough fan appetite to KO this? that is my fear. 

FSA issued an interesting article last week on what fans can be doing.

https://thefsa.org.uk/news/clubs-in-crisis-guidance-for-fans/

I think its a good start and written by a chap who has been on both sides of the coin at Portsmouth. Been on the fan board and then stepped up to the Club board when they re-formed as such.

What you have to factor in is that we are not "whole". Club and land are seperate as we all know.

Additionally, ask yourself what is for sale now and how it effects future football in the borough....answer is the stadium footprint....the landlords wants out and their two year exit date is almost up. If club owner is unable to broker the deal, is still means that the BP is for sale....our home. No reason why this can't be re-visited again.

On a footnote, there is a DCMS report with regards to clubs in administration. It states, ideally if their is a supporters Trust/Organisation in situ, it should be given as much help as possible (not necessarily financially)

Archived