OWTB into 2020

Firstly, thanks again from all of us to all of you that have donated to help keep the site going - also big thanks to those who contribute to the site by helping out, running competitions, and posting stuff that keep us (I hope) interested throughout the season.

Secondly, we have something to offer to you - something tangible - something that is collectable for the fans, which will also help the running of the site. We have a 12-card postcard set of limited quantity on offer in our new online shop (which may, or may not work properly - I've been struggling with the eCommerce IPB app all weekend), the cards are photographs that I took in April 2008 vs Cheltenham, which I think was the last league game in front of the old Broadway Stand. If I'm wrong please don't tell me because I can't do anything about it now!

Just to add a little teaser, if this is successful we might be able to do other stuff in the future, one of which is a collaboration - I can't say too much about it now, it's a long way off!

So there it is, thanks again for your support - we'll try to make OWTB as good as we possibly can.

As a footnote, if the online shop starts to blow a gasket I'll have to rethink the platform - we might have to use Ebay or something in the short term. Also, if you're struggling with the overseas shipment selection, so was I - just drop me a PM and I'll sort something out.

Thanks,

Matt.

http://www.owtb.co.uk/store/

On 11/3/2019 at 9:34 PM, Matt said:

Firstly, thanks again from all of us to all of you that have donated to help keep the site going - also big thanks to those who contribute to the site by helping out, running competitions, and posting stuff that keep us (I hope) interested throughout the season.

Secondly, we have something to offer to you - something tangible - something that is collectable for the fans, which will also help the running of the site. We have a 12-card postcard set of limited quantity on offer in our new online shop (which may, or may not work properly - I've been struggling with the eCommerce IPB app all weekend), the cards are photographs that I took in April 2008 vs Cheltenham, which I think was the last league game in front of the old Broadway Stand. If I'm wrong please don't tell me because I can't do anything about it now!

Just to add a little teaser, if this is successful we might be able to do other stuff in the future, one of which is a collaboration - I can't say too much about it now, it's a long way off!

So there it is, thanks again for your support - we'll try to make OWTB as good as we possibly can.

As a footnote, if the online shop starts to blow a gasket I'll have to rethink the platform - we might have to use Ebay or something in the short term. Also, if you're struggling with the overseas shipment selection, so was I - just drop me a PM and I'll sort something out.

Thanks,

Matt.

http://www.owtb.co.uk/store/

Some great images there Matt. Spent many happy years either in the paddock or seats above. Think that's a picture of the now infamous Richard Keogh in photo 9?? 

54 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Class idea, would love to do more stuff like this. 

We can do, if *cough* people buy enough *cough* of these...

Seriously though, we've got some neat ideas, but it all costs money to produce - so it's cashflow and that.

:)

Really nice idea with the collectable stuff.

Something else I thought of, and this may have been suggested before, but have you considered offering a paid for membership to view the site ad-free?  Another site I go on does this (racefans.net) where you pay an annual subscription to be ad-free when logged in.  That's the only difference, everyone gets the same content etc whether free or paid.

Not sure if there'd be interest or even if logistically it would work, but may be of interest to enough to make it worthwhile?

28 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

You see ads on the internet? How quaint!

Ha, presumably there's all sorts of clever ad blocker stuff I can do to get them off the desktop/mobile? Actually, mobile is the worst, they're quite unobtrusive on the desktop.

2 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Ha, presumably there's all sorts of clever ad blocker stuff I can do to get them off the desktop/mobile? Actually, mobile is the worst, they're quite unobtrusive on the desktop.

Firefox Focus app :chubb:

1 hour ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Is that you Gary ? 

Bless him.

Still, we wouldn't have founded Gary's Softeners FC had it not been for that unfortunate, albeit hilarious, episode.

• Matt pinned this topic
  • 11 months later...
  • Matt unpinned and locked this topic

Archived