Macclesfield players not paid again....

Very worrying another club could go to the wall very soon. I can't see how they will get through this season. 

Yes it may help our plight this year however its very real that we could follow them in the not too distant future. 

I do wonder for how long the current professional league structure is sustainable... 🙄

3 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

Very worrying another club could go to the wall very soon. I can't see how they will get through this season. 

Yes it may help our plight this year however its very real that we could follow them in the not too distant future. 

I do wonder for how long the current professional league structure is sustainable... 🙄

For forever more. 

If Mac go to the wall, there’s plenty of ex league sides in the conference who love would another crack. 

1 hour ago, League one forever said:

For forever more. 

If Mac go to the wall, there’s plenty of ex league sides in the conference who love would another crack. 

That’s not the point really is it? 

The idea is to get there on sporting merit. 

51 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

That’s not the point really is it? 

The idea is to get there on sporting merit. 

That’s not really the point of my reply is it Dave? 

The OP is talking about the sustainability of the football league. I’m replying that It will always be sustainable due to the sheer amount of football clubs in England. You’ve decided to make a bizarre sideways comment about sporting merit. 

3 hours ago, League one forever said:

That’s not really the point of my reply is it Dave? 

The OP is talking about the sustainability of the football league. I’m replying that It will always be sustainable due to the sheer amount of football clubs in England. You’ve decided to make a bizarre sideways comment about sporting merit. 

Lord knows how that is seen as 'bizarre sideways'. An organisation can hardly be described as strong and sustainable if its constituents start falling like dominoes, viz the High Street. 

19 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Lord knows how that is seen as 'bizarre sideways'. An organisation can hardly be described as strong and sustainable if its constituents start falling like dominoes, viz the High Street. 

Hadaway an’ shite wor Dave man.  Viz is still gannin’ strong.  291 not oot.

59 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

I knew someone would.... I was in Newcastle at the weekend, hadn't really realised how accurate it was! 

I am surrounded by Newcastle season ticket holders at work every day.  I wish they came with subtitles. 

I love telling them how lucky they are to have Mike Ashley as an owner 🤣🤣🤣

Players are threatening to go on strike for their derby game against Crewe. Sol Campbell says he is owed £180k, but it is HMRC that is taking the club to court. 

I can see them getting a points deduction, at minimum, this season. Fortunately for them the EFL have set a precedent by not effectively punishing Bolton for fielding a team of kids, and crying off fixtures earlier in the year. 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50657701

55 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

Players are threatening to go on strike for their derby game against Crewe. Sol Campbell says he is owed £180k, but it is HMRC that is taking the club to court. 

I can see them getting a points deduction, at minimum, this season. Fortunately for them the EFL have set a precedent by not effectively punishing Bolton for fielding a team of kids, and crying off fixtures earlier in the year. 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50657701

If they do go to the wall, I presume no one goes down this season? 

53 minutes ago, peanuts said:

are the trust and the protest group reaching out to Macclesfield supporters groups as they have done with Orient etc solidarity can be good thing sometimes ?

For now, I’d say we need to concentrate on our own shit show. Once (if ever) we get ourselves sorted, then we can start helping others. 

19 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

At a guess, probably an unpaid bonus for avoiding relegation and maybe a few months wages?

....but £180k outstanding? He was only there 9 months!!!!

Let's say he was paid for 6 of them and they still owe him 3..... and his 'staying up' bonus was 50% of this annual salary..... to be still owed £180k, his salary would need to have been £240k!!!!

Either Macc are going down the Bury route.... or Campbell is talking out of his @rse.

Edit: To put that in perspective, when Shez was here for the 3rd time [Shezurrection II], I was told he was on £72k pa!!

6 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

Let's say he was paid for 6 of them and they still owe him 3..... and his 'staying up' bonus was 50% of this annual salary..... to be still owed £180k, his salary would need to have been £240k!!!!

Either Macc are going down the Bury route.... or Campbell is talking out of his @rse.

Edit: To put that in perspective, when Shez was here for the 3rd time [Shezurrection II], I was told he was on £72k pa!!

He had an 18 month contract, maybe he received nothing so far. £2.5k a week is a lot for a manager but not crazy money.

11 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

Scholes should have been on around 200-250k with us.

Macclesfield were discusses on Talksport yesterday the potential new owner saying the current owner will not discuss selling with him or give him a the asking price, players are not being paid their are no practice facilities and no balls cones etc.

Owner issuing a statement saying everything at the club is fine and the club is in a good place.

A statement is then issued on behalf of the players saying they have not been paid etc how this is playing out is deja vu of the Bury saga.  

1 hour ago, lookersstandandy said:

He prob did what Dowie did for us under Moore and covered other additional costs out of his own pocket when the money wasn't't there to keep the momentum going within the squad. 

Archived