ignoring contract expiry...

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gerrard has to stay, you need a 'lump' at centre back in this league and he's a leader figure which is critical as we dont have anyone else like that so critical we sign him up. brian wilson also a good squad player who has shown in the last few weeks that he is a steady league 1 performer and unless we could get better (which i dont think we could as no cash) then he has to stay also. dieng, kelly, jones all need to stay as have good ability and we cant get any better. Winchester clearly has ability and is getting more mature it would be a waste if we let him go and another side got his best years so i'd keep. Coleman also who i hate but we have given him a chance young so needs signing up and sending out on loan for a year. croft isnt fit enough and is finished, forte too injured to be worth a deal, brown too crap and cassidy cant score, cornell is horrendous so i'd release them all. palmer def worth trying to sign, main is just a fit pub player who works hard but offers little threat so wouldnt bother with him.....

Keep:

Coleman, J Wilson, B Wilson, Gerrard, Dieng, Winchester, Jones, Kelly,

Try and Keep sign/season long loan.

Palmer, Dummigan, Amadi Holloway,

Lose:

Cornell, Brown, Mills, Croft, Forte, Murphy, Cassidy, Main, Poleon, Turner, Bove.

Unsure:

Holmes Dennis

Byrnes

Touhy

Edmonson

Edited by Blue_Guru

Keep:

Coleman, J Wilson, B Wilson, Gerrard, Dieng, Winchester, Jones, Kelly,

Try and Keep sign/season long loan.

Palmer, Dummigan, Amadi Holloway,

Lose:

Cornell, Brown, Mills, Croft, Forte, Murphy, Cassidy, Main, Poleon, Turner, Bove.

Unsure:

Holmes Dennis

Byrnes

Touhy

Edmonson

I dont disagree with any of those to lose. I had forgotten Dieng who I would keep. The Wilsons might both be on decent money so on that basis they should go.

Jones and Kelly I wouldnt object to but Jones has got to get back to last years form and Kelly needs to learn to pass even if it is only over 5 yards.

Winchester, well what he done since Sept to change my mind-nothing at all. He is too weak, terrible defensively and a luxury. 23 year old, not a kid anymore.

I think Shez will feel he can do something with most of this squad plus a few decent additions next season.

If you look at the form table since he came in we'd be just outside the playoffs - from a standing start with what had previously been the worst Oldham side in living memory, if not ever....

If we went into next season with the exact same squad we'd be mid table at worst.... Wouldn't we?

I don't think Gerrard wants to stay but he might be more realistic this time round if nothing he thinks is worthy of him crops up...

Keep Dieng.

I think he'll get a decent experienced keeper in if one's available at the right price, unless Coleman finished the season well (and he has improved of late).

I don't think we'll be able to keep Dummigan.

Holloway smacked of already being our player when he signed (Wycombe were talking as if that was the last they;d see of him) but who knows now with the injury?

I'd keep Main if the price was right (i.e. :censored:ing cheap :lol:)

I think Kelly might go and I don't think Shez would be too bothered, especially if we got decent money. That said I think he'd be OK with keeping him if a move doesn't happen. I'd be interested to see what he'd be like after a full pre season of Shez teaching him to pass well and not backwards so often. Or would his sale be pivotal to us making the signings we really need....?

Hopefully Jones will still be here and back to his best if whatever is wrong with him can be sorted out..

I think Brian Wilson will stay. Shez will like having that kind of pro being able to cover so many positions, unless he's on big money, which he might be...

James Wilson, like Kelly, might be sold to finance 2 or 3 signings which I could live with. Great if he stays though. I don't think he;s on much, is he? Shez seems a bit more adept at pandering to his moods than his predecessors... :grin:

He'll keep Forte if he thinks he'll get enough games out of him and the price is right. And he should be cheap if he won't pass a medical anywhere else...

Keep as many of these that are playing at the moment together and add better strikers & wingers and a bit more creativity in midfield and we could do well...

Obviously Mills, Cornell, Croft, Murphy etc.. will be gone...

Cassidy, maybe not.

Keeping Palmer might be a tall order.

You'd like to think 1 or 2 youth products will feature heavily next season....

Edited by HarryBosch

I think Kelly might go and I don't think Shez would be too bothered, especially if we got decent money. That said I think he'd be OK with keeping him if a move doesn't happen. I'd be interested to see what he'd be like after a full pre season of Shez teaching him to pass well and not backwards so often.

How long has Darren been John's brother?

Like one famous international was asked when co-commenting a game, how did he think the match would pan out for the home team..he replied "They might win this, they might lose it, or it could be a draw, the same goes for the opposition".

Millwall and Southend away - don't fancy that.

Walsall have a really good away record, and a good record against bottom teams - anything could happen.

Fleetwood away - anything could happen.

Crewe at home is obviously vital.

Blackpool also away to Fleetwood - anything could happen.

Wigan at home - Wigan'll have far too much for them.

Rochdale - if they can be arsed, Rochdale should be too good for them.

I reckon Shez called this right. It'll go to the last game. Blackpool away at Peterborough and us at home to Coventry. I also reckon we'll be in a position whereby if we match Blackpool's result we'll stay up.

Walsall have a really good away record, and a good record against bottom teams - anything could happen.

I reckon Shez called this right. It'll go to the last game. Blackpool away at Peterborough and us at home to Coventry. I also reckon we'll be in a position whereby if we match Blackpool's result we'll stay up.

And there's Barnsley away too...don't fancy that either?

Regarding the Millwall and Southend away games, they're certainly difficult games but we are very hard to beat on the road. I could see us picking up 2 or 3 draws from the remaining away games.

Regarding the Millwall and Southend away games, they're certainly difficult games but we are very hard to beat on the road. I could see us picking up 2 or 3 draws from the remaining away games.

yep we have outplayed the best side in the division so although millwall and southend look like it will be difficult to get anything we are more than capable. plus if you look at teams with something to play for vs mid table the team battling usually gets something. southend are mid table, could do with them loosing this weekend then tuesday's game they wont be being pushed hard to try and make the playoffs. also could do with millwall winning next few, securing their play off spot so when we meet them they are already preparing for play off/s maybe resting key players.

Southend and millwall??

Yes tough places to go but southend are 8 points behind with 6 games to play for. That's a tough ask and realistically a lot of fans and players could have wrote the season off already and be thinking about their holidays.

Alternatively millwall are likely to have sealed a playoff place by the time we tip up there. They've very winnable games in their next 4 games.

Crewe will be down by the time they come here and covs season has collapsed already.

It rather depends where we are and how much money we lucky season ticket holders have been refunded. Does the season ticket money paid during this season count towards FFP for next season? (Who knows?)

I disagree with the assessment of most people with the exception of Cornell and Brown. This was a good group of players when we had a good manager and it will be a good group of players now that we have a good manager. Unfortunately we will lose most of the loan players and even some of those contracted if anybody wants to pay peanuts for them - SC is still here and has a stand to finish.

The season ticket money will be recognised in next year's accounts as it relates to a service being provided next season. I imagine you could put forward an argument that the refund is a one off payment not directly related to the service being provided next season. You might, therefore, be able to take that as a cost this season, thus boosting income for next year from a FFP perspective.

This pricing structure could be a stroke of genius ;-)