Monkey Sick Yellow Wins

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got one. Practically unworn. (Surprisingly :blink: ).

Got every home shirt from '85

Every Away and 3rd Shirt from '90 (Except the rockinghorse poohesque one game white shirts we've wheeled out in '90 and 2002)

In total 28 shirts in(not including every farty sponsor change, its the shirt that counts imo not the bloody company name on it!)

away colours as follows:-

90-92 Red

91-93 Snot green with vomit flashes (3rd choice)

92-94 Red and White Retro Stylee (Lace up)

93-94 Jade Green and Navy Retro Stylee (Lace Up)

94-96 Luminous Orange and Navy

96-97 Dark Green and Navy

97-2000 White and Claret

2000-01 Claret and Navy

01-03 Claret and Gold Piping

03-04 Yellow and Royal BLue

04-05 Black and Silver Chelsea Rip Off

05-06 Chewing Gum White (Ice cool my arse!)

06-07 Navy and Gold

07-08 Peach and Blue

Every chance of that packet of skittles!

But my loyalties will be torn between supporting my club, the health of my wallet and my devotion to fashion (or lack of) IF you are a bigger fella such as myself this kit will do nothing for your inconspicuosness! Having said that neither does the fetching shade of peach we currently play in for away games!

It's a complete fix. Sorry but you'll never convince me that "democracy" has been exercised on this one. A handful possibly voted for the "winning" kit, but sorry...that "vote" was already complete before an email was even asked for. Yeah, it might "only be a kit for god sake" but I do give a damn what we look like in it. Or what fans will look like on buying one. The kit is the first recognisable thing you see when you look for us on TV etc.

So....here's how it goes with the "brains" behind this one.....

The Black Kit - nah, we had that a few years back, we can't have it again. Many won't buy due to the similarity

The Man:censored:ty Kit - Well we're gunna take the piss by fixing the vote anyway, let's not take the piss too far out of the fans

The Barca Kit - Well, hell, they'll be wearing Tangerine mostly if we go with this. We won't sell many.

Monkey Sick - That's the one. It's the only one which isn't close to one we've done, a Man:censored:ty shirt and it'll get worn in almost every game. That has to be the one. Shame you won't sell any OAFC! Well done.

:censored: disgusted in the kit and the club for pulling this stunt. I could understand it if it made financial sense but it doesn't. Few will buy the monkey sick (not only do I care what we'll look like, but how much we'll sell too!) and quite frankly, many are still yet to buy Tangerine and if we beat Uddersfield and get drawn away in the FA Cup.....that'd sell a load more Tangerine if it was gunna be worn next season (I was about to buy it, but sod that now.)

Edited by boundaryblue80

It's a complete fix. Sorry but you'll never convince me that "democracy" has been exercised on this one. That "vote" was already complete before an email was even asked for. Yeah, it mght "only be a kit for god sake" but I do give a damn what we look like in it. Or what I will on buying one.

So....here's how it goes....

The Black Kit - nah, we had that a few years back, we can't have it again. Many won't buy due to the similarity

The Man:censored:ty Kit - Well we're gunna take the piss by fixing the vote anyway, let's not take the piss too far out of the fans

The Barca Kit - Well, hell, they'll be wearing Tangerine mostly if we go with this. We won't sell many.

Money Sick - That's the one. It's the only one which isn't close to one we've done, a Man:censored:ty shirt and it'll get worn in almost every game. That has to be the one. Shame you won't sell any OAFC! Well done.

:censored: disgusted in the kit and the club for pulling this stunt. I could understand it if it made financial sense but it doesn't. Few will buy the monkey sick and quite frankly, many are still yet to buy Tangerine and if we beat Uddersfield and get drawn away in the FA Cup.....that'll would sell a load more Tangerine if it was gunna be worn next season (I was about to buy it, but sod that now.)

Think i'll copyright my term 'Monkey Sick yellow' before the launch, I can see it now, Buy the new monkey-sick yellow © Latics shirt, "A kit that looks so great it'll make you want to vomit. Special Offer, by one get a migraine free."*

*Forget teaching, a successful career in marketing beckons........................

Edited by oafcprozac

In the club shop before the Brighton game and tangerine shirts / scarves were flying out.

Even though Sheff Utd have always gone for Flou colours in recent years ..... the Chelsea one as probally been seen by most of the country. I wonder on the back of this how many other clubs go with this strip next year ......... we won' t be the only one and I bet some are Carlotti

I had many kits as a kid but sadly that little gem is missing from the collection :(

i thought that kit was great!

But here's the question, is the tang kit going to be on sale next year? with it being so popular atm and with the new kit to be released, surly OAFC and carlotti will want to push sales of the 'Radioactive Man'. Stocks of Tang will be in short supply. Get your tang now before they become the targets for Kit Touts who sell you the kit outside matches for well over the odds!!

Imagine going into a pub with that yellow shirt on? You'd be the laughing stock of the town! I hope someone who works at Latics are reading this post as I've not seen one post in 4 pages that says they like it. I wont be buying one so theres 40 notes gone Hardy!

Well its all personal opinion, i like it and i voted for it! Although tangerine is better!

Imagine going into a pub with that yellow shirt on? You'd be the laughing stock of the town! I hope someone who works at Latics are reading this post as I've not seen one post in 4 pages that says they like it. I wont be buying one so theres 40 notes gone Hardy!

Well you haven't read the whole post then!

Astounding decision this one.

We have just broken our all time record for away wins - first time since the 1970s. Guess what colour away kit we played in then?

Here is a clue - it WASN'T yellow.

The Tangerine kit has proved very successful and has (whether you like it or not) brought the fans together with my favourite Latics song. My boy is 7 years old now, but when he was very young, I used to bounce him on my knee and sing "We play in Blue and Tangerine".

I e-mailed the club and told them that I didn't like any of the proposed designs and wouldn't be buying any of them for me or my boy, but also thanked them for giving me the opportunity to comment. The only other away shirt I have bought before that isn't Tangerine is the White one from a couple of seasons ago. I suppose it will save me money (my glass is half full :) )

Do you think that they will get the point when we continue to sing "Tangerine" even when we are playing in Springfield Yellow?

I don't like it myself.

We've won 7 on the spin with the Tangerine version - stick with that!

I've just thought of a new away song inspired by our new Fluo Yellow change strip.....

You can shove your "Fluo" Yellow up your "house"

You can shove your "Fluo" Yellow

Shove your "Fluo" Yellow

Cos we play in Blue and Tangerine...We play in Blue and Tangerine....etc

we could change the words in speech marks for more suitable ones providing that we wouldn't offend anyone of course!! :grin:

"Do you think that they will get the point when we continue to sing "Tangerine" even when we are playing in Springfield Yellow? " Yep!!!!

Still be OASIS colours, colours of this site. Been talked about for a while to get a group together to build the atmosphere at Latics (ultra sort thing) can't see why they can't adopt these colours and buy the new scarves I'm getting made