Hillstone Dev

My memory is fading.

What exactly was it you told us Kyle?

He told us that TTA were pulling out and the ground development was having problems because of Hillstone having problems.

The fact is Hillstone pulling out of Chaddy has been in the public domain for atleast two months.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hillstones are victime of the global credit crunch (some might say they deserve it) they are building far too many apartments, houses etc, nobody is buying houses or apartments anymore, so after a large outlay of capitol to build these apartments and houses they now have a serious cashflow problem. The same thing happend to Ashdene and Windsor back in 1991 when I was an apprentice there!

Hillstones are victime of the global credit crunch (some might say they deserve it) they are building far too many apartments, houses etc, nobody is buying houses or apartments anymore, so after a large outlay of capitol to build these apartments and houses they now have a serious cashflow problem. The same thing happend to Ashdene and Windsor back in 1991 when I was an apprentice there!

So how is this "Credit Crunch" going to effect the appts that are to be built on the land surrounding BP. If nobody is buying then there is no demand and no development firm will want to touch it.

You do argue on shifting sand don't you? The fact is Latics do own BP, Doncaster don't own the Keepmoat yet you say they have left us behind. of thye three you mention only Yeovil are truly non-league in that the other two bounced back with a solid league tradition and infrastructure. And how have Yeovil "left us behind"?

Aye. The 'leaving us behind' is a little tenuous isn't it. One of them may not go up yet, and could quite feasibly do the usual 'season after the play-offs' dance and if one does go up it's perfectly plausable they'll come straight back down too.

Heh, and I do like how Yeovil is mentioned in a grasp at some straws! They look a fairly structurally sound club, but quite ordinary and weak so wouldn't be surprised to see them wither a bit and go down within the next couple of seasons.

He told us that TTA were pulling out and the ground development was having problems because of Hillstone having problems.

The fact is Hillstone pulling out of Chaddy has been in the public domain for atleast two months.

SO can anyone tell me how those two lines are linked? (Using fact, not groundless conjecture).

'garcon' date='Apr 2 2008, 23:15 PM' post='118692']

SO can anyone tell me how those two lines are linked? (Using fact, not groundless conjecture).

They're not...it's Kyle just scaremongering again. While Hillstones have nothing to do with the development, it could be easy to guess (as it sounds Kyle has) that TTA have concerns over the housing market and might be re-evaluting their plans for us. But that's all it is....pure guesswork and nothing to do with what Hillstones are up to. I do wonder myself if TTA are getting a bit unsure about whether to carry on or cut their losses and leave....and it is healthy to ask questions. But I'm afraid so far, Kyle has "told you (nothing) so"...

Although the housing market has stagnated their is still a huge market for affordable housing for eg. first time buyers, to get on the property ladder.

If the housing built is at the right price then there won't be a problem!

TTA won't have gone in to this blind and I think, will have other options to fall back on.

Although the housing market has stagnated their is still a huge market for affordable housing for eg. first time buyers, to get on the property ladder.

If the housing built is at the right price then there won't be a problem!

TTA won't have gone in to this blind and I think, will have other options to fall back on.

Assuming anyone can get a mortgage, lots of banks and building society's are pulling the plug on lending at the moment. I would say it is a bit of a threat to the development of BP at the moment. :unsure:

Assuming anyone can get a mortgage, lots of banks and building society's are pulling the plug on lending at the moment. I would say it is a bit of a threat to the development of BP at the moment. :unsure:

They were my thoughts as well.....

The flats aren't going to be on sale tomorrow, this global credit crunch will lift in the next 12-18 months, it is the realignment of property prices that the market has needed, property has been grossly overvalued of late. Plus there have been some shady and nefarious lending practices which have needed to be exposed. Might be a bit harder for TTA to find a development partner but it could also be seen as a good opportunity as they will be able to buy off-plan in about 2 years when the housing market will be in the middle of a mini-boom.

What we should be more concerned with is the strength/weakness of the dollar, guessing that as their business is US based any profits TTA make are held in dollars so whilst they may have had say £5m for example a short while ago this could now only be worth £3-4m today. This would obviously affect the budget for next season combined with any twitchiness about the not-renewers.

Fortunately the mobile phone market is quite buoyant as pretty much all of the wester world see them as necessities and are aspirational when it comes to their gadgets so the market should hold up despite fears in the housing and financial markets.

Even without a mortgage people will still need somewhere to live.

700 flats at £500 pcm rent = a very tidy sum. As the housing markets cools down, builders will have less work and will have to be more price competitive. Given that this is a development that can be viewed for the long term, it's less of an issue once you put the cash in place to get the building work done.

TTA are selling the land to a development partner, they are not building the flats. House prices have stagnated but demand for housing still outstrips supply. There are plenty of developers with lots of money who will still want this land and I would say its still very sort after being the lack of quality flats in Oldham, the transport links and key worker accomodation. There shouldn't be many problems.

So I suppose you can argue that Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool were all non-league at one time too?

You do argue on shifting sand don't you? The fact is Latics do own BP, Doncaster don't own the Keepmoat yet you say they have left us behind. of thye three you mention only Yeovil are truly non-league in that the other two bounced back with a solid league tradition and infrastructure. And how have Yeovil "left us behind"?

The difference being that Doncaster and Carlisle were non-league a very short time ago. I never said Yeovil have left us behind; I said they are now our equals. Personally, as with Doncaster and Carlisle, I'd back them to get promotion before us, but there you are...As for soild league infrastructure, do you remember the state Doncaster's chairman left them in at the end of the nineties?

I apologise for being mildly critical of lack of progress on the part of the club into which I have, like many others, invested several decades of time and money.

Keep the Faith etc.

Aye. The 'leaving us behind' is a little tenuous isn't it. One of them may not go up yet, and could quite feasibly do the usual 'season after the play-offs' dance and if one does go up it's perfectly plausable they'll come straight back down too.

Heh, and I do like how Yeovil is mentioned in a grasp at some straws! They look a fairly structurally sound club, but quite ordinary and weak so wouldn't be surprised to see them wither a bit and go down within the next couple of seasons.

If they do go up and come back down and we don't, that means we haven't been, at some point, left behind by recently non-league outfits, does it? Okay...

Just like a host of clubs historically smaller than Latics haven't managed what this club can't in recent times, or continue to do so...

Black is actually white. Etc.

Even without a mortgage people will still need somewhere to live.

700 flats at £500 pcm rent = a very tidy sum. As the housing markets cools down, builders will have less work and will have to be more price competitive. Given that this is a development that can be viewed for the long term, it's less of an issue once you put the cash in place to get the building work done.

Agreed but (and I'm just playing devils advocate a bit here for the debate) if you were Mr.Barratt or Mr.Redrow or whoever, would you want to shell out £30M or whatever on some land now in the hope that things will be restored to normal by the time the buldings went up. I doubt your shareholder swould be too chuffed.

If they do go up and come back down and we don't, that means we haven't been, at some point, left behind by recently non-league outfits, does it? Okay...

Just like a host of clubs historically smaller than Latics haven't managed what this club can't in recent times, or continue to do so...

Black is actually white. Etc.

Sorry pal but you've lost me there. When you return to this planet get back in touch.

Exactly what I have been telling people about Hillstone, Dad's best mate was one of the top dogs at the time ......... good for Directors box tickets next to BIg Joe!

What's so difficult to understand about the way some clubs historically smaller than we are manage to get out of this division while we continue to flounder?

Boy your spaceship is fast from your homebase.

I can see why folks on this board despair of you. nanu nanu.

Edited by LaticsPete

What's so difficult to understand about the way some clubs historically smaller than we are manage to get out of this division while we continue to flounder?

I think it was the structure of what was written he was on about.

Obviously you think the Oldham/Leeds/Forests of this World have been left behind by Colchester/Barnsley/Scunthorpe, others disagree and think that sooner or later teams find (and hover around) their level. Newsflash: This is ours.

I think it was the structure of what was written he was on about.

Obviously you think the Oldham/Leeds/Forests of this World have been left behind by Colchester/Barnsley/Scunthorpe, others disagree and think that sooner or later teams find (and hover around) their level. Newsflash: This is ours.

It is now. And that's thanks to a dozen years of failure. Our stature as a club has shrunk.

Newsflash: we continue to shrink. The couple of thousand who have deserted as of late are not coming back in a hurry, as we will see with the season tickets. This means a smaller budget and, as things work themselves out, continued decline.

It isn't rocket science.

And who mentioned Leeds and Forest?

It is now. And that's thanks to a dozen years of failure. Our stature as a club has shrunk.

Newsflash: we continue to shrink. The couple of thousand who have deserted as of late are not coming back in a hurry, as we will see with the season tickets. This means a smaller budget and, as things work themselves out, continued decline.

It isn't rocket science.

And who mentioned Leeds and Forest?

But haven't they also been overtaken by Doncaster and Carlisle? I think that's what OS was referring to.

we are trying to keep up with your argument but it is a bit of a shapeshifter isn't it?