Some of our fans are utter clowns....

....in the lookers upper today a guy exemplified perfectly the utter crassness of himself and so many others. He shouted out about 2 things:

1. When Gregan went down a few mins after his injury and had to go off, he was shouting that Sheridan was an idiot and should have taken Gregan off already, he even shouted "put him in goal, that's what you usually do".

2. With about 5 mins to go, Eardley made his first mis-placed pass - a ball down the line to Liddell that went out. So he shouts "Back to normal Eardley".

We win 2-0, the team play well, there's not much to find fault with at all. But some people just have to, just absolutely have to, have something to moan about. Shez out!

....in the lookers upper today a guy exemplified perfectly the utter crassness of himself and so many others. He shouted out about 2 things:

1. When Gregan went down a few mins after his injury and had to go off, he was shouting that Sheridan was an idiot and should have taken Gregan off already, he even shouted "put him in goal, that's what you usually do".

2. With about 5 mins to go, Eardley made his first mis-placed pass - a ball down the line to Liddell that went out. So he shouts "Back to normal Eardley".

We win 2-0, the team play well, there's not much to find fault with at all. But some people just have to, just absolutely have to, have something to moan about. Shez out!

Anyone for a bit of Bruce Hornsby and the Range?

Anyone for a bit of Bruce Hornsby and the Range?

True, still gets my goat though. Some people just don't bother to look at what's really happening. Gregan decided to play on, but that's shez's fault. Eardley played well, but first bad pass you see - get on his back asap.

Perhaps shez was right about some people staying away. Can anyone really make a case for the defence for this sort? They pay their money? Well that doesn't wash with me.

True, still gets my goat though. Some people just don't bother to look at what's really happening. Gregan decided to play on, but that's shez's fault. Eardley played well, but first bad pass you see - get on his back asap.

Perhaps shez was right about some people staying away. Can anyone really make a case for the defence for this sort? They pay their money? Well that doesn't wash with me.

pay there money to ruin our experience lol, there will never ever be an entirely happy crowd at oldham, even if we just won league cup/ FA Cup/1st in league/ unbeaten/ qualify for europe they will moan that we win too much then n were boring.

Couldn't agree more, real. I've never understood the eagerness of some people to have a go at the players.

Theres someone in the Lookers Upper near me who only ever makes a noise when Eardly does something wrong

probly the same numpty who was sat accross the isle from me at doncaster kept insisting in calling eardly "the weak link" yeah eards was so inefectual that donny wernt forced to take the big fella he was marking out of the game off were they when this was pointed out to the fool he went very quite !

can never understand why anybody would travel all the way to doncaster just to moan at there own players ?

Why does it bother people so much what anonymous individuals here and there happen to say or do during ninety minutes of football once a week?

What does it matter in terms of the cosmos?

You could ask that in response to almost any discussion on this, and any other, messageboard though, couldn't you Corp?

its simple corp i goto tics to watch a game of footy with my mates and enjoy my self .

i dont go to listen to some tactickley inept half wit haranging there own players like a moron if i wanted that i would go and sit next the home dugout at prenton park !

its simple corp i goto tics to watch a game of footy with my mates and enjoy my self .

i dont go to listen to some tactickley inept half wit haranging there own players like a moron if i wanted that i would go and sit next the home dugout at prenton park !

Here here well said peanuts :applause1::applause1:

And how does this have any bearing on what others around might or might not say?

People shouted cack at football when I first starting going two decades ago (and for long before that). They'll still be doing it in two decades time.

It's perfectly possible to live with it without incurring any ill-efects at all.

And how does this have any bearing on what others around might or might not say?

People shouted cack at football when I first starting going two decades ago (and for long before that). They'll still be doing it in two decades time.

It's perfectly possible to live with it without incurring any ill-efects at all.

Erm, it might just possibly make players think they can't do anything right for some people? And therefore it affects the team I support.

I think these sort of numpties are the exact ones that Shez was right to suggest should stay away.

QUOTE(Hometownclub @ Apr 13 2008, 10:48 AM)

"Some of our fans are utter clowns"

Agreed, and a few of them post on here.

QUOTE Corporal Jones

Why does it bother people so much what anonymous individuals here and there happen to say or do during ninety minutes of football once a week?

Right on cue Corp!

doesnt, most i can handle, the quiet critic who just tells his feelings to a couple of people round him, hes fine!

BUT not all are like this, as im going back to my seat, brew in hand tip toeing round the old folk (ma dad) trying to keep balance I suddenly get jolted by a man screamin his head off who seems to be doing everything but offering shez n the players a fight outside.

ok thats just an over exaggerated example but still trying to get into a game with someone behind you giving you a shower in saliva whilst using words that make the match rated over 18s only, it gets a bit annoying!

And we find our guy who sits in the lookers upper!

But seriously, it just seriously peeves people off that no matter theres always going to be a :censored: face sat near you moaning .. when theres nothing to moan about.

I mean, i was at Leeds and the guy behind me was moaning that wed kicked the ball out when Kalala, OUR player was down injured. He said pity, coulda carried on and let him die. I mean, is there any need for that?

Edited by kellys_discopants

I am remembering back as far as 1985 .. the tem came on the pitch the fans sang the name of the goalkeeper untill he popped on in the net.... they cheered every name on the sheet as they were read out. There was banter sure there were people with opinions, but mostly people 'supported' the team win or lose. If we won every game our 'fans' would emulate the much loved Old Trafford faithfull. It is not our divine right to win every game it is not out divine right to land every transfare target. Whats changed (in my opinion for the worse of the game) is that every kick (thanks to sky) is now debated out of proportion... Every move, every build up formation and backroom whisper turning some into 'experts' and anylists. Every crowd has 100 Andy Gray's. Yes they are entitled to an opinion but FFS at least before they air it let it be thiers!!

The problem lies not with the fact some 'fans' moan, it's the manner in which they do it.

I simply don't agree with the argument that you pay your money so you can say what you want. There are rules regarding crowd behaviour and some of the balloons at Boundary Park regularly break them.

I agree with Shez, if anyone is turning up just to be abusive, please don't bother because we're better off without you.

Just because the idiots don't mind listening to themselves spout vitriolic nonsense for 90 minutes doesn't mean everybody else does, especially families with children.