FAO DRUMMER BOY

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone should bear in mind though, that if you do get a ST and end up sitting next to / near anyone (including LDB) you don't want to be near, you can change your Season Ticket seat! It's not written in stone that if you get a ST, you have to stay there for the rest of eternity!

And nobody has the problem of having 'sat in X seat since 1975' and being reluctant to move from there because it has moulded itself to the shape of your arse over the years :grin:..

i honestly think that once the club new the stand was coming down,they should have turned the whole of the rre into the home section and given the chaddy to the away supporters,that way our players would recieve the vocal support they deserve whilst the away fans wouldnt be heard,giving the home team a slight advantage.....but it never happened.

Every time there has been a vote on swapping ends the result has been against. I suspect that is why the club didn't go down this road. Also, in my opinion the team wouldn't get the vocal support they deserve merely by swapping ends. More people need to actually get behind the team vocally, otherwise a couple of hundred drunken away fans will outsing us every time, whichever stand they are in. As I've said before, acoustics are only an issue if people actually sing. Hopefully the move to the RRE will provide the catalyst for a better effort from more of the home crowd.

How about a tuba .... I was quite good at playing that.

Cards on the table I have to agree with LL ..... been singing at games for over 25 years, never needed a drum and to be honest I don't want one, I just don't like them (especailly if played badly).

I'm been toying with whether I'll be getting a ST this year and I would have been going into the RRE with my lookers mates. Now the drums going in the simple fact is I won't be getting one this year, I just can't see me putting in all the travelling I do to sit in a stand having to listen to the drum and the crew from the Chaddy that will come with it (thats why I was in the Paddock)....

This is ######. I bought my ST for the RRE as I thought the bloody drum was going to be in the Chaddy and I presume a good majority of people in the RRE thought the same.

Very badly worded piece of 'news' from the club...why say 'if you don't want to be sat near the drum avoid the RRE'. Surely the more sensible approach would be (as I've said earlier) to specify an area for the drum/drummer and his mates, and make it public as to which seats they are in. That way those who don't want the inconvenience of the thing can chose their seats elsewhere in the stand. The wording of the story basically makes it look like they are just saying - drummer has more clout than anyone else so if you don't like it go and sit somewhere else. Again, nothing against the drummer, just think the club could/should take the lead on this and organise/publicise things better!!!!

This is ######. I bought my ST for the RRE as I thought the bloody drum was going to be in the Chaddy and I presume a good majority of people in the RRE thought the same.

When I looked at the fishul site first thing this morning I thought yes, result.

Go on Drummer Boy off you go, tat ta, see ya, byeeeeeeeeee, not missing you already!

Amazing, the attitudes of some. The animosity towards a young lad who is trying to improve the atmosphere at Latics verges on bullying.

OK , drumming annoys some, but it also gets other people chanting .

The noise of a drum amongst other teams' supporters is a constant irritant , so there's nothing wrong in turning it back.

The mindsets seem to be fixed before this season is over! The RRE is going to be the new noisy end - and the drum is part of it, at least to start with.

Amazing, the attitudes of some. The animosity towards a young lad who is trying to improve the atmosphere at Latics verges on bullying.

OK , drumming annoys some, but it also gets other people chanting .

The noise of a drum amongst other teams' supporters is a constant irritant , so there's nothing wrong in turning it back.

The mindsets seem to be fixed before this season is over! The RRE is going to be the new noisy end - and the drum is part of it, at least to start with.

Bullying :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

Why don't all those who are desperate to sing, in order to get behind the team, but who don't want to be near the drum, go into the Chaddy End? If the drummer's mates (so-called 'Muppet Choir') are joining him in the RRE, then this is the opportunity many have been waiting for to start or join in with chants in the Chaddy, without suffering from the clique mentality. That extra £20 will be well worth it - you know it makes sense!

I wonder if the same attitude would be taken if the drummer was 40yrs old and built like a brick outhouse......

Have you seen the youth of today, they all carry knives and AK 47'S.

It makes very little difference to me, crap drumming is crap drumming whatever the age.

Have you seen the youth of today, they all carry knives and AK 47'S.

It makes very little difference to me, crap drumming is crap drumming whatever the age.

As always Coco, your omniscience puts us all to shame. Yawn.

I wonder if the same attitude would be taken if the drummer was 40yrs old and built like a brick outhouse......

Absolutely. Because I AM forty years old and built like a brick outhouse.

Ok ... drummer boy, please be fair to us all and tell everyone roughly what row/seat numbers you and your mates will be taking in the RRE - then those who don't want to be too near can decide if they want the upheaval of trying to re-arrange their seats.

And if you can't/won't tell us that, then don't be too surprised if you're told to stick your drum up your arse by people who don't want it down their earhole.

Absolutely. Because I AM forty years old and built like a brick outhouse.

Ok ... drummer boy, please be fair to us all and tell everyone roughly what row/seat numbers you and your mates will be taking in the RRE - then those who don't want to be too near can decide if they want the upheaval of trying to re-arrange their seats.

And if you can't/won't tell us that, then don't be too surprised if you're told to stick your drum up your arse by people who don't want it down their earhole.

When the drummer has bought his ST, I'm sure the Club will tell you in which seat the drum is to be played, without breaching the Data Protection legislation.

So the drum will be in the Rocky next season (although being in Rocky would be a better idea). I presume this means that some of the best seats for those that want to sing will now be availible in the Chaddy. Given that the club are using him as publicity maybe they could give him some drumming lessons (or at least lessons on how to not ruin chants or be less of an annoying :censored:). Did anyone else find it funny how the club referred to what is very poor drumming in faux-hip language trying to 'big up' one of the most annoying things about following Oldham.