• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's what the club announced, Gary. I'm pretty certain there's been no change to that.

it must be noted though that the club have only sold two blocks for season ticket holders. therefore he will be no more than two blocks away from you if you hold a season ticket.

it must be noted though that the club have only sold two blocks for season ticket holders. therefore he will be no more than two blocks away from you if you hold a season ticket.

I aint told my old fella yet............he'll be over the moon. In fact if am honest I think it'll stop him going.

is the drummer boy definately going in the rre ?

firstly my lad will be in the rre next season secondly no he has not bought ticket yet and finally he will be sitting /standing where people wil be satitisfied with.but off course its a free country :angry: have a good summer and i hope you all find something else to worry about

firstly my lad will be in the rre next season secondly no he has not bought ticket yet and finally he will be sitting /standing where people wil be satitisfied with.but off course its a free country :angry: have a good summer and i hope you all find something else to worry about

Why the angry arsey face ??

Why the angry arsey face ??

coz every time i look on this so called 'fans site ' (of which me and my lad are two of the most loyal home and away)theres always someone havin a moan about 'the drummer' i just wish you would all get over it and get a life !!!!!!!!!! this site is now being deleted from my pc and my lad and myself will no longer be visiting or posting again see ya,ll K.T.F. :dead:

I don't think anyone in this thread has had a moan at the drummer. A guy simply enquired to where he would be sitting. People are entitled to their opinions on here and you have to respect that, unless it boils down to insults there is nothing wrong with people stating what they believe, it's freedom of speech. Likewise unless the club state otherwise; the drummer is allowed to bring and bang his drum at matches. This is a "fansite" and we won't censor genuine opinions, from anyone unless they conflict with the general etiquette of the community (e.g. insults and hostile attacks). Blue Forty, it's your choice to use the site but you have to respect that a lot of people do not like the drum and have every right to express that....but like I've said no one can (nor will) stop your son from banging the drum as long as the club consent your son to do so.

Edited by Bring Back Pukka Pies

The club and the drummer both announced LAST MONTH that he was sitting in the RRE and they warned people that if they did not want to be near the drum then quite simply...dont get your season ticket there.

There can be no excuses saying 'i'm not moving, i've sat in that stand all my life etc because obviously you havent so if you dont want to be near it...go in the main stand or the Chaddy.

I find it extremely annoying that there is people out there searching for a reason to have a go at Josh when quite simply, all he is doing is trying to increase the atmosphere of the dead boundary park! He has done absolutely nothing wrong, so get off his case!

Like I said, the club and Josh both warned you at least a month back where he was sitting next season so the people who dont like the drum can make plans to sit elsewhere, so I can't see why this is still a problem and it is quite obvious that the RRE is going to be where the atmosphere is coming from next season so if you dont want to be in the middle of the noise...go in the Chaddy End or the Main Stand instead of forever moaning.

The club and the drummer both announced LAST MONTH that he was sitting in the RRE and they warned people that if they did not want to be near the drum then quite simply...dont get your season ticket there.

There can be no excuses saying 'i'm not moving, i've sat in that stand all my life etc because obviously you havent so if you dont want to be near it...go in the main stand or the Chaddy.

I find it extremely annoying that there is people out there searching for a reason to have a go at Josh when quite simply, all he is doing is trying to increase the atmosphere of the dead boundary park! He has done absolutely nothing wrong, so get off his case!

Like I said, the club and Josh both warned you at least a month back where he was sitting next season so the people who dont like the drum can make plans to sit elsewhere, so I can't see why this is still a problem and it is quite obvious that the RRE is going to be where the atmosphere is coming from next season so if you dont want to be in the middle of the noise...go in the Chaddy End or the Main Stand instead of forever moaning.

Although to be fair to some people this announcement wasn't made by the club for two weeks after the season tickets went on sale....so some people already bought tickets in the RRE assuming the Drummer would still be in Chaddy. It's not really anybodies fault....everyone has the right to sit anywhere in the ground, it's just unfortunate for some people.

Edited by Bring Back Pukka Pies

Although to be fair to some people this announcement wasn't made by the club for two weeks after the season tickets went on sale....so some people already bought tickets in the RRE assuming the Drummer would still be in Chaddy. It's not really anybodies fault....everyone has the right to sit anywhere in the ground, it's just unfortunate for some people.

Yeah I know what you mean mate. Maybe the club could have contacted Josh before season tickets went on sale and maybe could have avoided this, but there is some people out there that are just looking for a right old moan don't you think? And that is very annoying.

Yeah I know what you mean mate. Maybe the club could have contacted Josh before season tickets went on sale and maybe could have avoided this, but there is some people out there that are just looking for a right old moan don't you think? And that is very annoying.

I think the issue started up again because a lot of people had long since been thinking about where they were going to sit, and the location of the drummer boy was most definitely a factor in the plans of a lot of people, be they in favour or not. What is for sure is that until it was raised on this forum, and the Club acted to inform us about the situation, most of us would have presumed the drum was staying where it is. It's for these reasons IMO that it's still been the subject of debate among fans, as it is something that affects, either positively or negatively, your enjoyment of the matchday experience. It's not a well kept secret that I'm not a fan, and I think that the tail is wagging the dog when hundreds of fans are invited to change their plans to suit the wishes of one person, but I'll be there supporting the team anyway.

Six of us bought our season tickets two weeks or more before the club announced the drum would be in the RRE, and having bought early to get good seats you'll forgive me if I say we have no intention of moving.

I've no problem with the drum being at the ground, but it needs to be in amongst a big group of singers, whichever corner of the RRE they end up congregating.

If he's too close to us, he will be politely asked to move to another part of the stand. It doesn't have to be the furthest corner - just not down our earholes. Personally, I can live with a more lively atmosphere than in the NSM Upper (it couldn't be much less), but there are reasonable limits for those of us who gave up being part of the choir 15 years ago.

I'm sure it'll all be sorted amicably. Although seeing as his dad's thrown his toys out the pram, it seems Josh won't be able to join the discussion on here, which is a shame.

Nowt else will be resolved now until the first home game of the season. Let's give it a rest shall we?

coz every time i look on this so called 'fans site ' (of which me and my lad are two of the most loyal home and away)theres always someone havin a moan about 'the drummer' i just wish you would all get over it and get a life !!!!!!!!!! this site is now being deleted from my pc and my lad and myself will no longer be visiting or posting again see ya,ll K.T.F. :dead:

He does make a fair point there.

of course he has a fair and valid point......but he was provoking something with the angry arsey face.......instead of saying something like"the club are ok with him playing his drum,the club advertised where he was going so get over it..and give him a break"

but he didnt.......i know a hell of a lot of people were buying tickets for the rre specifically because they dont want the drum banging down there ear for every home game.....and i can understand that and appreciate that.....i wouldnt want to pay over £300 to have internal bleeding and deafness down one ear either......and i play the damn things....

but it should have been posted sooner,long before tickets went on sale.......so now next season we will see the same old argumants again about the drum.....

my suggestion would be if he hasnt bought his season ticket already,then stay in the chaddy end.....other than that like they do at blackburn,if he is going in the rre,make him play right down at the front on the concourse,then everyone will be happy....wont they???

of course he has a fair and valid point......but he was provoking something with the angry arsey face.......instead of saying something like"the club are ok with him playing his drum,the club advertised where he was going so get over it..and give him a break"

but he didnt.......i know a hell of a lot of people were buying tickets for the rre specifically because they dont want the drum banging down there ear for every home game.....and i can understand that and appreciate that.....i wouldnt want to pay over £300 to have internal bleeding and deafness down one ear either......and i play the damn things....

but it should have been posted sooner,long before tickets went on sale.......so now next season we will see the same old argumants again about the drum.....

my suggestion would be if he hasnt bought his season ticket already,then stay in the chaddy end.....other than that like they do at blackburn,if he is going in the rre,make him play right down at the front on the concourse,then everyone will be happy....wont they???

Also fair enough. I did end up sat next to the drummer once and wouldn't fancy that every week - I can see why people feel strongly. Can't blame the guy for trying to help the atmosphere though - and I agree the club should find him a nice spot where he can do his stuff without winding up the rest of the punters.

The club acted very quickly to contact LDB when the question was raised, I would be surprised if Hardy hadn't has some sort of discussion when he made contact regarding where the drum would go and so on. In an ideal world maybe the club would have thought of this sooner, but they would have needed greater powers of foresight than I possess. All but one poster on here had other things on their mind at the time, I think on this question they have done everything that could reasonably be expected of them from a neutral perspective (which is not mine, I'd ban it, but hey ho).

Fair play to the lad for creating a bit of atmosphere.

He should sit wherever he likes. If other people don't want to sit near him then they are free to move. It is not as if any of the stands will be full.

I like to sing at games and I know that some people don't like to have a group of singers sat near them but it certainly doesn't mean that I'll be moving.

We are there to support the team and create an atmosphere. We are not just there to watch.

Oh damn, I thought this was a thread dedicated to Ting Tings lyrics.

I found out the other day that Ting Ting was a Chinese girl who worked in Selfridge's (i think) in town, she worked with an acquaintance of mine...

Anyway...

Not really, LDB's Father believes that all fans on this site should be fans of the drum, such a leap of faith should not have been taken for granted - a logical connection is implied unilaterally, where it really doesn't extend that far. Has to accept that there will be many Latics fans that use this site who disapprove of the drum, and those who disapprove have to accept their motivation to create a bit of atmosphere...