• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4600 is bobbins

Yes it is, but we've flattered to decieve before and we've got to produce a sustained period of form to get the fans back...we've had a great start but that's all it is and we could come crashing down just as quickly.

If we can continue to play like this and keep picking up victories then I'm sure crowds will improve!!!

Yes it is, but we've flattered to decieve before and we've got to produce a sustained period of form to get the fans back...we've had a great start but that's all it is and we could come crashing down just as quickly.

If we can continue to play like this and keep picking up victories then I'm sure crowds will improve!!!

I hope you're right about the attendances improving. I'm in no position to crticise people who don't go to BP but learning that there was such a small crowd today has taken a bit of the shine off for me. I'm feeling really optimistic about this season and I'd love to see the Oldham public come out and support the club.

:lol:

Funny coming on here and reading this :P

Me and my bro pritty much agreed we wont be back at BP in a long time after today... Some of the stewarding / policing was awful... Saw a friend get kicked out for standing...he was sat down and only stood up when we got a corner... Drum got removed... I asked a steward why and he said quote..."im not at libity to say" :D awesome PR... I deared to look over at the cheltnham fans and a steward said to me "games that way mate...look over there".... nice... And I spent about 95% of the game attempting to sit down and pritty much everytime I did stand I was asked to sit down agressivly...even when the pace of the game allowed standing (corners etc)...

Going to flip it and start going away games and not home games and give my support to the lads there... At least you expect :censored:e treatment from your hosts when your away although I dont seem to have a problem away from home.... Its a shame my money wont be going towards the club any more but im clearly not the sort they want and they have tons of families happy to take my place....

Put a really downer on my day.... Pritty angry about it all and todays been a waste of £20 for me....

Edited by oafc0000

Me and my bro pritty much agreed we wont be back at BP in a long time after today... Some of the stewarding / policing was awful... Saw a friend get kicked out for standing...he was sat down and only stood up when we got a corner... Drum got removed... I asked a steward why and he said quote..."im not at libity to say" :D awesome PR... I deared to look over at the cheltnham fans and a steward said to me "games that way mate...look over there".... nice... And I spent about 95% of the game attempting to sit down and pritty much everytime I did stand I was asked to sit down agressivly...even when the pace of the game allowed standing (corners etc)...

Going to flip it and start going away games and not home games and give my support to the lads there... At least you expect :censored:e treatment from your hosts when your away although I dont seem to have a problem away from home.... Its a shame my money wont be going towards the club any more but im clearly not the sort they want and they have tons of families happy to take my place....

Put a really downer on my day.... Pritty angry about it all and todays been a waste of £20 for me....

Don't like saying this, but watching football at BP is rarely fun these days....even if we're good on the pitch, the atmosphere is rubbish, and now we've got jobsworth fecking stewards ruining it.

Stand up if you hate stewards ! :angry:

Don't like saying this, but watching football at BP is rarely fun these days....even if we're good on the pitch, the atmosphere is rubbish, and now we've got jobsworth fecking stewards ruining it.

Stand up if you hate stewards ! :angry:

Exactly... isnt worth it... we won 4-0 and I wished I hadnt bothered... Time for a change....

That's going to do the club a world of good and if everybody thought that way we'd have no football club at all. I think all the hype surrounding the Millwall game has got people including the Stewards over reacting.

If you complain enough the club will listen, as the last thing they want is to alienate their fans!!

It will all settle down in a few weeks just give it a bit of time...if your not happy in the RRE get in the Chaddy but for god's don't desert the club as it needs your support now more than ever!!!

Many issues which will make me think twice when deciding to make my 400 mile round trip. I simple do not enjoy the games a BP because of the bloody Stewards ......... they are the WORST in the league by a country mile.

The treament of me personally in the Paddock last year some times was awful, insulting and I was nearly provoked several times into doing something stupid (which is near impossible to do with me)...... and what do I do wrong ..... have a passion for my club that sometimes leads me to stand up and sing. That warrants me being treated like a piece of :censored:!!! This as been going on for to long and the club will simply loose money because of this, money won't be there for players, we won't ever get out of this league ..... god forbid TTA leave!!!

All because of someone who enjoys his 90 minutes thinking he's important. I toyed with a ST but didn't as I really didn't know were to sit, for me RRE was the obvious choice but I knew what it would be like stewarding wise, sadly I seemed to have had been proved correct.

P.S 55, not actually being there but I would say the reaction of the stewards was not really an over reaction from the Millwall game .... they have always treated Latics fans badly as most were in the Paddock for years. Millwall just gave them an excuse to be bigger prats, and the club will have recieved many many complaints yet they still employ them WHY????

That's going to do the club a world of good and if everybody thought that way we'd have no football club at all. I think all the hype surrounding the Millwall game has got people including the Stewards over reacting.

If you complain enough the club will listen, as the last thing they want is to alienate their fans!!

It will all settle down in a few weeks just give it a bit of time...if your not happy in the RRE get in the Chaddy but for god's don't desert the club as it needs your support now more than ever!!!

Went in the RRE today and I thought it was superb despite the numbers. Miles and away better than the NSM and Chaddy.

Thoroughly enjoyed the game and the atmosphere. My 6 and 4 year olds thought it was magic.

Many issues which will make me think twice when deciding to make my 400 mile round trip. I simple do not enjoy the games a BP because of the bloody Stewards ......... they are the WORST in the league by a country mile.

The treament of me personally in the Paddock last year some times ...... and what do I do wrong ..... have a passion for my club that sometimes leads me to stand up and sing. That warrants me being treated like a piece of :censored:!!! This as been going on for to long and the club will simply loose money because of this, money won't be there for players, we won't ever get out of this league ..... god forbid TTA leave!!!

All because of someone who enjoys his 90 minutes thinking he's important.

P.S not actually being there, but I would say the reaction of the stewards was not really an over reaction from the Millwall game .... they have always treated Latics fans badly as most were in the Paddock last year. millwall just gave them an excuse to be bigger prats

But how many people did we see kicked out of the paddock? I can barely remember any from last season

Suck it up an d be a man ffs.

The treament of me personally in the Paddock last year some times ...... and what do I do wrong ..... have a passion for my club that sometimes leads me to stand up and sing. That warrants me being treated like a piece of :censored:!!! This as been going on for to long and the club will simply loose money because of this, money won't be there for players, we won't ever get out of this league ..... god forbid TTA leave!!!

All because of someone who enjoys his 90 minutes thinking he's important.

P.S not actually being there, but I would say the reaction of the stewards was not really an over reaction from the Millwall game .... they have always treated Latics fans badly as most were in the Paddock last year. millwall just gave them an excuse to be bigger prats

You can't have been to Tranmere then because they are the pits. I have every sympathy with what your saying as it's a long way to come and you want to enjoy the occasion but rules ..as daft as they seem have to be adhered to as if not the club could be punished. I must admit having to sit down for ninety minutes is a pain in the a*** but they're league rules and you have to abide by them.

I'm sure if clubs lobbied hard enough they could get Singing/standing allowed back in paddock areas!!

But how many people did we see kicked out of the paddock? I can barely remember any from last season

True, but their wasn't that many of us then.

To be frank though I did reach a stage were I was sick of not being able to see most of the game because of the pratts in front of me standing up watching the Millwall fans.

I know a lot of my rant is down to the fact that laws do not allow me to watch the game how I want to watch the game anymore. The stewards do not help my frustration though

You can't have been to Tranmere then because they are the pits. I have every sympathy with what your saying as it's a long way to come and you want to enjoy the occasion but rules ..as daft as they seem have to be adhered to as if not the club could be punished. I must admit having to sit down for ninety minutes is a pain in the a*** but they're league rules and you have to abide by them.

I'm sure if clubs lobbied hard enough they could get Singing/standing allowed back in paddock areas!!

i cant go because im poor and unemployed,lol.....but i have to say last season when i attended games in the chaddy,there was no problems with stewards at all,infact you hardly noticed them......

i do remember looking towards the paddock everytime something happened,eg corner free kick and so on,and thought to myself the stewards over there were deffo trying to spoil things....

thing is its a football game,the manager and players want the crowd to get behind the team and create an atmosphere,it makes them play better and we get good results from it....the stewards should realise that at certain times during a game people are going to stand up....as the teams come out,when there is a corner,or a chance of a goal..and when there is a goal.....its part and parcel of football....

i think if more people are feeling alienated by stewards and not going to bp because of it,then the club needs to be made aware of the situation.... and maybe a meeting with the head steward,alan hardy and maybe a fans reprasentative,to explain what is and isnt allowed,and to explain that by being too heavy handed there spoiling peoples enjoyment....im pretty sure if the club thought it was going to lose vital pay on the day money because of this,they would be horrified....

and lastly....the club didnt think out the whole rre switch at all......maybe its naivety or bad advice from the health n safety officer regarding seggragation methods.......if its that big a problem install a bloody big net so nothing can go back or forth....

True, but their wasn't that many of us then.

To be frank though I did reach a stage were I was sick of not being able to see most of the game because of the pratts in front of me standing up watching the Millwall fans.

I know a lot of my rant is down to the fact that laws do not allow me to watch the game how I want to watch the game anymore. The stewards do not help my frustration though

Mark mate, I take it you were in the block next to the away fans? I'm in the next block along and haven't had any trouble from stewards, people standing in front of me or from the away fans chucking stuff or spitting. I've had a great time the last two home games, seen 11 goals, 2 wins and had a good sing song.

Whether we like it or not for the 2 hours or so on a Saturday (or Tuesday) the stewards will enforce their rules, there is no way round this, resistance is useless. As you say, you know the way you want to enjoy the game isn't allowed, perhaps you might get a bit more close to this if you either changed where you sat (stood), there seems to be plenty of room in the block I am in and the block further to the right seems pretty spacious. The stewards won't give fans as much gip there as it isn't right next to the away fans.

Yep am in the same block as BT and no problems at all..............Fantastic that the drums gone and the singing carried on! bet ya never thought that'd happen did ya???

How on earth cant you enjoy Latics today with the best performance put in at home in ages. The boys did well today and trust me the boys enjoyed the support back.

i cant go because im poor and unemployed,lol.....but i have to say last season when i attended games in the chaddy,there was no problems with stewards at all,infact you hardly noticed them......

i do remember looking towards the paddock everytime something happened,eg corner free kick and so on,and thought to myself the stewards over there were deffo trying to spoil things....

thing is its a football game,the manager and players want the crowd to get behind the team and create an atmosphere,it makes them play better and we get good results from it....the stewards should realise that at certain times during a game people are going to stand up....as the teams come out,when there is a corner,or a chance of a goal..and when there is a goal.....its part and parcel of football....

i think if more people are feeling alienated by stewards and not going to bp because of it,then the club needs to be made aware of the situation.... and maybe a meeting with the head steward,alan hardy and maybe a fans reprasentative,to explain what is and isnt allowed,and to explain that by being too heavy handed there spoiling peoples enjoyment....im pretty sure if the club thought it was going to lose vital pay on the day money because of this,they would be horrified....

and lastly....the club didnt think out the whole rre switch at all......maybe its naivety or bad advice from the health n safety officer regarding seggragation methods.......if its that big a problem install a bloody big net so nothing can go back or forth....

try squeezing in't main stand no bovver in here then again the average age is 65....where's mi tablets

Mark mate, I take it you were in the block next to the away fans? I'm in the next block along and haven't had any trouble from stewards, people standing in front of me or from the away fans chucking stuff or spitting. I've had a great time the last two home games, seen 11 goals, 2 wins and had a good sing song.

Whether we like it or not for the 2 hours or so on a Saturday (or Tuesday) the stewards will enforce their rules, there is no way round this, resistance is useless. As you say, you know the way you want to enjoy the game isn't allowed, perhaps you might get a bit more close to this if you either changed where you sat (stood), there seems to be plenty of room in the block I am in and the block further to the right seems pretty spacious. The stewards won't give fans as much gip there as it isn't right next to the away fans.

The lookers end is usually empty, so yes it makes sense for the singers to gather that side from now on. It shouldn't spoil the enjoyment of the day for the other Tics who don't want to sing / chance their arm standing and avoids confrontation with the stewards (we'll see) around the away section.

Might be a suggestion to try that next time and see what happens.

Regarding the drum I believe the club recieved many complaints regarding it after Millwall and if you remember a lot of RRE ST holders were not happy he move from the Chaddy. So no doubt the club was left with no choice..... hopefully I'll be back in the Chaddy next match with the drum which should be acceptable to all parties.

Atmosphere in the RRE today was excellent i thought. Probably the best atmosphere we've ever had at home against the likes of Cheltenham. It's normally a morgue for such games. Seems some of you want to enjoy your 'banter' with the oppo fans just a tad too much. Lets get real here.....Cheltenham Town for gawds sake. Hardly Leeds or Millwall are they ? Yet a number of our spotty chavs (usually only seen at away games) thought it fair game to stand up, gawp at the oppo fans and 'call it on'.

For me.....better off without 'em. Fifteen extra chavs or the loss of five families with kids? The originator of this post has already took his ball home it seems....let's have another fourteen follow and a few families back for me.

Atmosphere in the RRE today was excellent i thought. Probably the best atmosphere we've ever had at home against the likes of Cheltenham. It's normally a morgue for such games. Seems some of you want to enjoy your 'banter' with the oppo fans just a tad too much. Lets get real here.....Cheltenham Town for gawds sake. Hardly Leeds or Millwall are they ? Yet a number of our spotty chavs (usually only seen at away games) thought it fair game to stand up, gawp at the oppo fans and 'call it on'.

For me.....better off without 'em. Fifteen extra chavs or the loss of five families with kids? The originator of this post has already took his ball home it seems....let's have another fourteen follow and a few families back for me.

:applause1: Now this is part of my issue. Now I don't want to come accross that I'm better than anyone, I enjoy banter but these spotty chavs are probally the ones that are making it worse for us all.

The main difference between me and them is that I know were to draw the line and what is acceptable behaviour ... they don't and will Millwall / Dales game they actually don't watch the game so whats the point of them being there?????

P.S they don't actually go to that many aways