Coming Out Music!

"ARE YOU A MUSICAL GENIUS?

Posted on: Tue 24 Feb 2009

Latics chiefs are looking for original run-out and goal celebration music after being hit with a steep bill from the Performing Rights Society.

PRS bills each Football League club each season for usage of music clips - and the club were stunned this week when they were hit with massive price increases."

continues......

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/page/NewsU...1568133,00.html

.... maybe they can be drummed out :grin:

I'll be on my xylophone tonight!!!

P.S ...and no Leeslover it's nothing to do with closets :biker:

Im sure there is loads of copywrite free music on the net and some songs including classisal are exempt of PPRS and copywright ( after so many years after the death of the artist). The club could steal some from my space or facebook music pages and contact the artist.. we could adopt a band even. Im sure they would be grateful of the exposure

Latics chiefs are looking for original run-out and goal celebration music after being hit with a steep bill from the Performing Rights Society.

PRS bills each Football League club each season for usage of music clips - and the club were stunned this week when they were hit with massive price increases."

continues......

I thought that you had to play so much of a tune before getting charged. Not just a brief snippet like the goal celebration music, which I hate anyway.

clean yer ears out!!! :wink:

"these beating hearts of lancashire"

maybe we could expand on the owtb song or chant rather in some way shape or form....

and goal celebrations,again im sure we could do something with the sheridans blue and white army....be original instead of doing the same as other clubs

if not im sure there are lots of classical music out there to use...that could be re-jigged a bit

continues......

Who holds the rights to 'Boys in Blue'?

Im sure there is loads of copywrite free music on the net and some songs including classisal are exempt of PPRS and copywright ( after so many years after the death of the artist). The club could steal some from my space or facebook music pages and contact the artist.. we could adopt a band even. Im sure they would be grateful of the exposure

I used to have a tape of a band (cough) who sang a song called "Legion of Voices" - it would make great coming out music... :grin:

(Except if the crowds keep dwindling it might be less of a "legion"!)

I used to have a tape of a band (cough) who sang a song called "Legion of Voices" - it would make great coming out music... :grin:

(Except if the crowds keep dwindling it might be less of a "legion"!)

Dont you F*****g dare !!!!! it was bad enough I had to listen to it at my wedding. Cant you throw stuff away man ... :shock:

Dont you F*****g dare !!!!! it was bad enough I had to listen to it at my wedding. Cant you throw stuff away man ... :shock:

PMSL! I said "used to" have a tape - fk knows where it is now... In one of my 'storages'... lol

If it was 'coming out' music you'd have to play some Buzzcocks or Soft cell :lol: other than that we could always relaunch the Inspiral Carpets for a rendition of 'This is how it feels' :imnotworthy:

Hang on: nope i'm going for 'Altogether now' by The Farm because this is something sadly lacking in this fragmented forum of so called Latics fans :sleeping:

Edited by OLDHAMADE

I am amazed Diego has not got onto this thread yet....!

I amazed we would have to pay a penny.

I think Diego has counted hearing the music about twice all season!

Blimey, I go out for the afternoon and all hell breaks loose! We sign a player with a name suited to a ready-made song; we get a thread with TTA telling us things are not that bad financially; and now this bombshel!!

It's got to be an early April Fool! This is adding insult to injury, as I thought Franny's DJ had been saving the Club money by not playing MOD and GON. I have to go to the Gents to hear the PA in the Chaddy! Get the PRS Inspector to come and sit near me - I'm sure he'll give the Club a refund rather than charge 600% more. :angry:

... we could always relaunch the Inspiral Carpets for a rendition of 'This is how it feels' :imnotworthy:

This is how it feels to be Oldham

This is how it feels to walk tall

This is how it feels

When we've just beaten Millwall!

This is how it feels to be Oldham

This is how it feels to walk tall

This is how it feels

When Leeds win nothing at all!