OK cards on table Shez in or out

oafcprozac

Shez in or out?  

280 members have voted

1. 1. Does he stay or go?

• Sack Him
    • Back Him
    • Dead Man Walking until May

I dont understand all this talk of budgets. It irrelevant. We all know we have a squad capable of playing a lot better than they are doing at the moment.

Not according to some of the posts. X is crap, Y is :censored:, Z is both etc etc

Currently only about 1 in 5 want Sheridan sacked. Not a lot .

Edited by LaticsPete

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These stats are just of the top of my head, but have a goosey at the following since we have been in this division

clubs who were in our league or lower when we were relegated in 1997, whom have since overtaken us and not been relegated back to this league since gaining promotion from it

Reading

Watford (although that admittedly could change next season)

Wigan

Hull

Plymouth Argyle

Cardiff

Swansea (doesnt really count as its only their first season)

Doncaster (ditto)

Burnley

Stoke (although they were not in our div for the warnock season, they were for the ritchie season and once they got out of this league havent looked back)

Teams That have Yoyo'd between Championship and League 2 Level since we have been in this division

Scunthorpe

Bradford

Walsall

Swindon

Stockport

Bury

Brighton

Huddersfield

Colchester

Southend

I dont understand all this talk of budgets. It irrelevant. We all know we have a squad capable of playing a lot better than they are doing at the moment.

Those not of a limited view give Shez credit for assembling such a squad on a small budget.......rather than calling for his head on the back of a wobble and saying 'no danger' in an interview.

TTA didn't let false news of a bottom six budget out into the public domain. John Sheridan claimed it in an interview. If I remember correctly, many supporters questioned this on here, leading to TTA refuting it, although it seems that it's now being spun to suggest retrospectively that we had a small budget before Christmas-something we were not led to believe at the time, hence the general agreement on here that it was likely the best budget we could possibly hope for. As I said, some garbage being talked about budgets this season.

And you've no need to justify Sheridan to me, as you'll notice that I've said nothing directly critical of him.

Incorrect.

The justification of Shez was a relevant contribution to the thread, hence the larger gap I left - maybe the corp could one day make a similar contribution?

:laught16:

Edited by Stitch_KTF

60% believe he will be gone in May tho.

Seeing as TTA observe him the most closely, and write the cheques, it is interesting that they appear supportive.

I reckon that due to OWTB being so close to the club there will soon be some sort of reference to Shez's future from the club. Even if it's only something subtle in a Latics World interview or something.

If we make play offs and dont go up then give him another season, if we dont make play offs get rid, if we go up keep him for at least another season

:laught16: It sounds like a game of Russian Roulette with you loading the single bullet

The justification of Shez was a relevant contribution to the thread, hence the larger gap I left - maybe the corp could one day make a similar contribution?

:laught16:

A similar contribution? It was hardly Betrand Russell, was it?

If we make play offs and dont go up then give him another season

agree, if we play well between now and the end of the season and are unlucky.

if we carry on like we are and just scrape into the play offs through the ineptitude of others though i'd get rid.

if we dont make play offs get rid,

i'd be very surprised if that didn't happen.

if we go up keep him for at least another season

another 3 year contract if we go up - to be renewed when we reach the prem :grin:

Although I voted Dead Man walking, I do feel Shez needs more time.

In my job, which is a large department of 40 staff, I feel I am beginning to get to grips with it and really sort the problems.

I have 25 staff with 5-30 years service, of a nubmer of ethnic origins so I cannot just get rid.

I ahve always maintained it takes a few years to really get to grips with any job amnaging prople.

Shez has only been in charge 2 1/2 years, and in reality that is not long enough. Not onyl that he has had quite a tight budget for a lot fot hat time.

Big Joe didn;'t get to grips with things for several seasons. I think he is the exception as a manager, a rarity, but it is no conicidnce that getting rid quickly has not worked since.

There are lots of managers that move around after a couple of seasons, but not make a real sucess, plent ythat make a susccess after 3-4 seasons.

At the end of the day, he cannot make players put in effort once they are out on the park.

I think a lot of players have to take a long look at themsleves.

THe question is though, if they are not listening to him, has Shez lost the proverbial dressing room.

We have a lot of players contracts up this year, so I think that is a time to reflect. But it is never good to have a large turnover, takes to long to gel.

But a lot more players will be available this year, as the credit crunch takes hold.

Too soon anyweay, as we may yet go up! Though understandably not if we play as we have done for the past 10-20 games

Edited by singe

I find it funny that you want shez out, he has been constant finishing 6th an 8th and were up there again this season, were not like other clubs who have one good season and then nearly get relegated, every season we have a good squad with quality through out, were not in administration were at the right end of the table and were playing good football why is every one being negative he's only been managing for 3 years as well things could be a hell of a lot worse so to question his choice in players and his and the tta's ideas is wrong in my opinion

Seeing as TTA observe him the most closely, and write the cheques, it is interesting that they appear supportive.

I reckon that due to OWTB being so close to the club there will soon be some sort of reference to Shez's future from the club. Even if it's only something subtle in a Latics World interview or something.

I think you are probably right, they will probably denounce the bilge that is spouted on here

Can't get my head around anyone slaggin Shez right now. We might not have been playing all that well lately but all teams have bad patches. Todays result kept us in with a decent shout of the play offs. If we do Leeds the shout gets louder and it's in our hands.

If we miss out and get shot of him who else is there that could do a better job and would be interested anyroad?

The Special One reckons he'd like another crack at managing in England......

Get real. His faults will get less as he grows in experience and he's likely to get better and better at the job.

I wonder if some of you have any idea what 'Keep The Faith' means.

45 soddin years I've cheered em on. You think it's not good enough now??? You haven't lived. Back Shez and give him a realistic chance to get it right. At the very least another season.

45 soddin years. Made me immune from depression that as.... Harry Dowd, Alan Groves, Maurice Whittle thinking he's Peter Lorimer, David Shaw disappearing into the depths of West Bromich, Big Jim Fryatt, Andy Lochead, meat pies, rattles, bobble hats, grandads pipe, gran hitting Jimmy Frizzell on the head with an umbrella all because of Wilf Mannion (don't ask), jumpers for goalposts.......... :rant.sml:

I've only ever seen Latics play in this division, but, i think I've watched every other team either :-

• Get promoted and some have come back down.
  • Get promoted, get relegated and then get relegated again.
  • Get relegated and some have come back up.
  • Get relegated, get promoted and then get promoted again.
  • Get promoted, promoted and promoted.

We are (I think) the only team that's been in this division for 11 years and if anything, it is the sheer frustration of watching other teams on similar (not all of them) budgets and levels of support, getting promoted. We can point out that we are still top six, which is good, considering all the changes in personnel, but it is looking increasingly likely that we won't finish in the top six.

He doesn't deserve to be sacked, but he does need to take a long, hard look at some of the decisions he had made regarding signings, squad choices and maybe even his managerial style. We started like a train, we are now like a horse and cart.

Sorry, but I'm not confident of promotion this season.

It was the same from 73-74 when we spent the next 18 or so seasons in the old div2, usually in the bottom half, never once threatening promotion until the advent of the play offs. Oldham are a small club, probably to small for a spot in the championship.What do you think would be worst for the club, another couple of seasons challenging in this division, or 1 demoralising season in championship, which is what I fear would be the result of promotion At least it seems they are in & around the play off spots every year under Shez. To be honest, I was very surprised to see so many wanting him out .