Windass omitted from squad...

.....let the theories commence!

I think it's a bit of both tbh, a reaction to him not performing as well, and the recent rants on his blog about wanting to go back to Hull, either way I'm glad Shez had shown some balls and dropped him.

Edited by Bring Back Pukka Pies

I think it's a bit of both tbh, a reaction to him not performing as well as he should and the recent rants on his blog about wanting to go back to Hull, either way I'm glad Shez had shown some balls and dropped him.

Definately the right move for the reasons you have said. CAn't comment performance wise, but his blog was just ridiculous. Think Shez is reasserting his aouthority.

I think it's a bit of both tbh, a reaction to him not performing as well as he should and the recent rants on his blog about wanting to go back to Hull, either way I'm glad Shez had shown some balls and dropped him.

we are a sub missin from OS it has lids down as playin and on the bench...sould Windass be sub

I think it's a bit of both tbh, a reaction to him not performing as well, and the recent rants on his blog about wanting to go back to Hull, either way I'm glad Shez had shown some balls and dropped him.

Couldn't agree more,i don't care how much we're paying him, he doesn't deserve to be in the squad after his performances against yeovil and bristol rovers and his delusional comments on his blog. Sounds like it's done the trick.

Another factor is the Hughes/Windass partnership suffers because neither or them have real pace. They're in the box finishers and need the younger players to do their legwork especially Windass whos very immobile.

I think shez realised that in bringing in kabba

Edited by KiDdErZ

If he doesn't want to play for us 100% he shouldn't be with us. His blog came accross as very insulting. I really hate it when people say "No disrespect" and then go on to disrespect the team they are talking about.

I don't agree at all. I'm not a Windass fan, because he's had some poor performances. However he's a Hull supporter with a dream that he may get another chance to play in the Prem. for them. Who could blame him wanting to go back. It doesn't affect his attitude to us. I think he is deluding himself, and is having problems coming to terms with the fact that he isn't up to it any more.

I don't begrudge him dreaming of one more shot for the team he supports in the Premiership but he should have had the sense to keep his gob shut about it.

What's in his head is his business but broadcasting it makes it sound like we don't really count. Shame really. he could have had a great swansong in a Latics shirt.

Has to go now.

Send him back!! He obviously wants to be at Hull so terminate the loan and tell him to go and cycle to Hull. He wouldn't make it up Sheepfoot Lane the fat wa**er!!

He adds absolutely nothing to the side... Yes, he has a good footballing brain but what use is that without a good footballing body to put his thoughts into practice?!

Come on, if people say Andy Liddell is not good enough for a promotion chasing side because hes passed his cell by date then Dean Windass passed it a loooong time ago!

Waste of wages and that blog made us look like mugs...I'll pay for your taxi Deano

Windass came here full of expectations like most Loan signing he had a cracking debut, followed by a dull game at Hereford. By the time we played Leicester it was clear even at this level Windass was struggling but by going in goal he kept a clean sheet and the fans loved it a great PR boost for the club.

I had hoped this would boost his performances as an outfield player and it did do i thought in the second he half he played very well against Northampton and scored that goal he wanted. (wondered if he thought it be easy)

However at Yeovil, like Scunny it was clear he was struggling people go on about his blog i noticed on Setanta on football matters he mentioned going in goal but did not actually mention the name Oldham Athletic.

But after watching Kabba today am sorry Windass i know which player i would rather have. Kabba looked pacey, strong and held the ball up well. Mark Oasis even said at the end of the game how many defender shake the hands of an attacker being subbed.

Windass heart will always be at Hull City and i did hope he would lead us to promotion and then let him go back to Hull player that final Premiership game for them (Prem season finishes late and Hull garunteed safety give him that heroes farwell)