Sheridan Has Gone & Thank You Shez

Because, like a lot of other teams fans, they'd love to have had the 3 seasons we've had? Because lost of teams have not had 3 consecutive top 8 places? Because they've seen goals from games where we have dominated teams and actually played with a real team spirit? And he's seen us twice live and twice on TV.

Perhaps because they have looked at what we have achieved rather than when we have failed?

Anyway, now you can play the "I said it first game". Well done.

Because a lot of other teams would love Lee Hughes leading the line? They'd love even half the budget we've blown paying off contracts of the many failures over the seasons?

Your pal has seen goals from games where we've dominated teams and actually played with a real team spirit?! Wow! Up here we only get 30 secs on the Championship if we're lucky...I'm moving to Bristol!! Sounds like we're prime time down there.

LOL he's seen us twice live...Bristol R home and away by any chance? Did we lose those games by an aggregate 4-0? And I'm guessing he watched the pathetic Leeds game too. Hmm sounds like the typically patronising "you're a good team, honest" to me.

Good riddance.

E4e

ISIFG

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely devastated for Shezza. Never saw him as a player for Tics, stopped going for a long time. When club was struggling showed up for the big games and started getting the bug. Picked and chose me games but started going again. When RM left and Shezza took over, the same day I phoned the club and arranged to buy a season ticket on instalments - HE was the reason I was prepared to commit meself to the Tics again. His philosophy of football as player and manager is something we have had the fortune to witness. Yes things have been going dodgy of late but I believe we would have won on Saturday and gone on a run that would have took us through the play-offs. Some of our fans are in lala land thinking the mighty Oldham should win every week and be in at least the Championship on our paltry crowds and minute wage allowance. HELLO!. As the saying goes every cloud has a silver lining eg BF Joe but for me it is a hell of a huge dark cloud. Good luck John, Inter beckons. Who needs Mourinho, when we've got John Sheridan.

You weren't saying this after Posh away were you Prendy? I vaguely remember you having a pop at me for questioning, sorry, slating our 'leader'.

Now, 22 points out of 54 later he's suddenly a "poor manager" and "had to go".

E4e

MYMUL

I didn't consider a 2-2 draw away at Posh a poor result. At the start of this season I thought Shez had learnt some lessons, however it seems I was wrong and the poor run of results that have followed are not good enough. It became apparent there was a complete lack of discipline and this has been his ultimate down fall.

URSAP

Absolutely devastated for Shezza. Never saw him as a player for Tics, stopped going for a long time. When club was struggling showed up for the big games and started getting the bug. Picked and chose me games but started going again. When RM left and Shezza took over, the same day I phoned the club and arranged to buy a season ticket on instalments - HE was the reason I was prepared to commit meself to the Tics again. His philosophy of football as player and manager is something we have had the fortune to witness. Yes things have been going dodgy of late but I believe we would have won on Saturday and gone on a run that would have took us through the play-offs. Some of our fans are in lala land thinking the mighty Oldham should win every week and be in at least the Championship on our paltry crowds and minute wage allowance. HELLO!. As the saying goes every cloud has a silver lining eg BF Joe but for me it is a hell of a huge dark cloud. Good luck John, Inter beckons. Who needs Mourinho, when we've got John Sheridan.

Great post Adz. I think that sums up exactly what I've been feeling in the past few months. And you did it in a lot less words than I managed earlier! Hope you can commit yourself in the future and I hope I do too.

I didn't consider a 2-2 draw away at Posh a poor result. At the start of this season I thought Shez had learnt some lessons, however it seems I was wrong and the poor run of results that have followed are not good enough. It became apparent there was a complete lack of discipline and this has been his ultimate down fall.

URSAP

He's playing the "I said it first" game. He called for shez's head after that, which came as the 5th game undefeated in the league and 11 point from 15.

He's been calling for shez's head for about 18 months though. Like a broken clock, he was likely to hit the right answer eventually. He's also blinded by negativty. I'm sure we played wel against scunny and stockport at home, hereford too and during shez's reign there have been manay many games where we've played well and won and played well and drawn/lost. Plenty where we've played badly too, and sometimes won those.

It's almost like you've practised this stance nik, for years and years?

He's playing the "I said it first" game. He called for shez's head after that, which came as the 5th game undefeated in the league and 11 point from 15.

He's been calling for shez's head for about 18 months though. Like a broken clock, he was likely to hit the right answer eventually. He's also blinded by negativty. I'm sure we played wel against scunny and stockport at home, hereford too and during shez's reign there have been manay many games where we've played well and won and played well and drawn/lost. Plenty where we've played badly too, and sometimes won those.

Real & Nik,

For goodness sake boys it's time to move on. The king is dead long live the king and all that.

Please see my thread headed "The last week"

It's time to draw a line and move on boys

Cheers,

Harry

Full credit to Shez. 10 years from a loyal player/servant is becoming rarer - it's just unfortunate that the last few months he has felt under more pressure than dolly partons bra-strap and buckled beneath it - he made his own bed .......

He'll go on to do pretty well in the game i'm sure. Cheers Shez.

But more credit given (once again!!) to tta, for recognising we were about to hit the sticky stuff without a paddle and brought back THE ONE LEGEND that will give his all, pick the football club back up, put 1500 on the gate and do his very best to get this club back to where he started 27 years ago - in division 2 and eventually mirror his and our best achievement - WEMBLEY

BIG FAT JOES BARMY ARMY..........WALKIN' DOWN SHEEPFOOT LANE...............YARD DOGS...YARD DOGS....YARD DOGS....YARD DOGS.......

I'd just like to add my thanks on here too for what it's worth. Shez showed loyalty and commitment rarely seen these days and provided us with plenty of great times over the years.

Lets hope Big Joe comes in and sorts out some of those bigheaded, idle tossers in the dressing room who's lack of those qualities mentioned above probably cost Shez his job.

I'd just like to add my thanks on here too for what it's worth. Shez showed loyalty and commitment rarely seen these days and provided us with plenty of great times over the years.

Lets hope Big Joe comes in and sorts out some of those bigheaded, idle tossers in the dressing room who's lack of those qualities mentioned above probably cost Shez his job.

Couldn't agree more. I hope some of those overpaid idiots are ashamed today.

LOL

Well done Nige, sounds like you're even believing yourself here. 18 months? Really?!? Here's me thinking it started at Stockport away?

Nevermind.

E4e

STORY

Despite recent results and performances, today is a very sad day for me.

I know there has been a clamour over the last week or so and I had my own say last weekend, but I do have a lot of sympathy and time for the man.

I think this is the right decision for all concerned and at least, as I said last week, it gives the new man 9 games to try to turn things round and try to get us back into the playoffs.

Thanks John for all your efforts. Your time here as a player will not be forgotten especially when you came out of retirement in our hour of need despite your knee condition. Your work with the youngsters has seen several good products progress to the youth team and when you took over, you gave us our club back. It may have soured in recent months, with fans calling for you to go, but hopefully you will draw on the experience of the last 3 years and come back to the game again. I hope you do.

And Finally, I am sure when everyone has had time to reflect and a little water has passed under the bridge, you will be warmly welcomed back at BP on match days to receive the applause that your time with us richly deserves.

Once again, I thank you and good luck.

Cheers,

Harry

Spot on. Thanks John, good luck in the future B)

Post #126

Scott & David McNiven

Group: OWTB Member

Member No.: 510

QUOTE (Harry Dowds Green Shirt @ Mar 16 2009, 01:36 AM)

Despite recent results and performances, today is a very sad day for me.

I know there has been a clamour over the last week or so and I had my own say last weekend, but I do have a lot of sympathy and time for the man.

I think this is the right decision for all concerned and at least, as I said last week, it gives the new man 9 games to try to turn things round and try to get us back into the playoffs.

Thanks John for all your efforts. Your time here as a player will not be forgotten especially when you came out of retirement in our hour of need despite your knee condition. Your work with the youngsters has seen several good products progress to the youth team and when you took over, you gave us our club back. It may have soured in recent months, with fans calling for you to go, but hopefully you will draw on the experience of the last 3 years and come back to the game again. I hope you do.

And Finally, I am sure when everyone has had time to reflect and a little water has passed under the bridge, you will be warmly welcomed back at BP on match days to receive the applause that your time with us richly deserves.

Once again, I thank you and good luck.

Cheers,

Harry

Cant put it any better than this. So I wont.

I feel very sad today, but felt yesterday, for the first time ever that this was going to happen and was right. Good luck John and all the best for the future. I hope there are no hard feelings and we see you at Boundary Park again soon with a new club.

These two posts some up my feelings.

Good luck John.

Cant put it any better than this. So I wont.

I feel very sad today, but felt yesterday, for the first time ever that this was going to happen and was right. Good luck John and all the best for the future. I hope there are no hard feelings and we see you at Boundary Park again soon with a new club.

These two posts some up my feelings.

Good luck John.

Agree with these sentiments........the last month(s) have tainted peoples views of Shez; the home performances / tactics / loans & finally 'doggygate' but we can't forget what a great servant he has been to this club.

10 years service is a mark of the man - playing in our hour of need with dodgy knees, coaching & then managing.

I hope he is welcomed back to BP in the appropriate manner on his next visit; either with a new team or as an invited guest. He should get a standing ovation that are rsserved for true latics legends......because although it hasn't worked out for him managerially here; that's what he is.

Cheers John - thanks for your time here - thanks for your hard work & good luck for the future.

[Hope Big Joe can work his magic & save this promotion lark now - good luck Joe!!!!]

Agree with these sentiments........the last month(s) have tainted peoples views of Shez; the home performances / tactics / loans & finally 'doggygate' but we can't forget what a great servant he has been to this club.

10 years service is a mark of the man - playing in our hour of need with dodgy knees, coaching & then managing.

I hope he is welcomed back to BP in the appropriate manner on his next visit; either with a new team or as an invited guest. He should get a standing ovation that are rsserved for true latics legends......because although it hasn't worked out for him managerially here; that's what he is.

Cheers John - thanks for your time here - thanks for your hard work & good luck for the future.

[Hope Big Joe can work his magic & save this promotion lark now - good luck Joe!!!!]

Totally agree. Thanks Shez for 10 years service as player, coach and manager. Give it a while and you'll be welcomed back like the other legends.

Corney said in his World interview that Shez was back in this morning saying goodbye to everyone and the players, telling them to give their all until the end of the season. Corney said it's rare something like that happens and most managers just bugger off without caring. Shows how much of a top guy Shez is.

Corney said in his World interview that Shez was back in this morning saying goodbye to everyone and the players, telling them to give their all until the end of the season. Corney said it's rare something like that happens and most managers just bugger off without caring. Shows how much of a top guy Shez is.

It is.

Respect to him for that, it's not just the players either. A lot of the staff have been there throughout his ten years. Good on him.

Shez upon being told that it was the end stated he thought it harsh. Only harsh due to his service these past ten years but not the last 20 weeks or more. Last Saturday finally saw what we all knew was coming and he couldn't ryhme off we're still in the play off's so we're doing something right. I've said Saturday shouldn't have been the time to call for his head as the Dons are head and shoulders above us and it showed, however the past 20 weeks is the reason for his head. I feel he just lost sight of the warnings that the lax approach with the players was starting to show. It works at the beginning cos the players think your in touch with them and the shinnagins don't take there toll then, but eventually they do. I don't know if Big Joe can turn it round, cos we are defo less fit even than the poorer sides in this league and that is like turning an oil tanker round. It was interesting to see the body language of defeat on Gregan when it finally dawned on him that players not fit to lace his boots in his day where running circles round him. Sure father time catches up on us all and don't I know it, however some players look after themselves a little better and prolong the wait.

Saturday highlighted once again who whilst in possession we are easilly closed down and without it we have to stand off and sit deeper. It's all lack of fitness for me. Can Joe compensate for this lack? I don't know but he sure as hell won't be able to remedy fitness levels in the short time we have left.

I don't know if Big Joe can turn it round, cos we are defo less fit even than the poorer sides in this league and that is like turning an oil tanker round.

I think you're overegging the pudding on this one. It's not that bad, nowhere near.

Royle has the nucleus of a decent side there, and it only needs a bit of tweaking, and perhaps a lump of a centre forward, a strong centre half and maybe keeper back up required. The midfield has appeared weak under shez, but I'm sure Royle knows what's needed there and will install that grit and determination which seems to have left Maher and Allott.

If anything, I'm just glad to be in the knowledge that, even if the next 2 months don't go exactly to plan, it won't be without a scrap and certainly won't be because we've handed it on a plate to others. a string of 2 or 3 wins will see us back into the play-off pack, but they need to be quick with it, because you can soon get cut adrift from teams the form others are in.

Also, one of the major unforgivings in Shez was our lack of motivation and desire against low-key opposition in front of lower crowds. We've a rake of those coming up and I'd like to think we'll fare far better with Joe at the helm than we have done recently. Wouldn't it be nice if another St Valentines Day Massacre was on the cards in the upcoming weeks?*

* Well, it'd be freaky as well because Royle isn't Dr. Who

Spoke to Joe in the last 2 hours welcomed him home and wished him well.

There is nothing else to report on this except to say that he is obviously excited and feels that he has a good base to work from.

One thing he did say was that he was surprised that there hadn't been a break in to redecorate :lol: He still has the same humour.

And before anyone asks, no he didn't mention new players and I wasn't rude enough to ask.

Cheers,

Harry