Joes First Signings?

Who should they be.

We seem to need another keeper till crossley is fit (maybe Bell will get a chance?!)

And presumably a Left winger.

And probably a couple fo defenders.

So which positions, and who to fill them?

PS suprised no-one spotted that I typed so fast my ' did not register !

Edited by singe

Who should they be.

We seem to need another keeper till crossley is fit

And presumably a Left winger.

And probably a couple fo defenders.

So which positions, and who to fill them?

Keeper will be Jon Hallworth

Left Winger is easy, He'll bring Rick Holden back

Defenders is another easy one. Will be Earl & Jobbo

:grin:

Seriously, do we need new players?

Or do we need the existing ones to be motivated players at or near the top of their game?

Great point. I think we have a good squad as it is, it's simply just been mismanaged and unmotivated. Kick up the arse for a lot of them is all they need really.

Which they shall now get.

IF quality to play and make an impact a firm yes. The fact Joes on the phone implies thats the way forward. I expect Kasper Schmeichel to be here if possible plus an experienced centre half and midfielder. Oh i forgot a big centre forward (NO NOT RICKETTS!!!) In other words a new spine to replace those without one.

BUT also believe Stephens, Lee will feature.

Big daft bruising centre forward along the Shefti Kuqi or Alan Lee Mould, plus a midfielder, and a centre back.

Or do we need the existing ones to be motivated players at or near the top of their game?

That's for the new boss to decide, I think he watches enough of us to know what he feels is needed, There aint gonna be wholesale changes but if he has a couple of targets that he thinks will get us in the top 6 then fair do's - He wouldn't have taken the job if he didn't get confirmation he was going to be able to put a bit of a stamp on the team

You might of answered your own question their...

If the existing ones are not motivated then maybe we do need a few extra faces..

Happy to let big joe call the shots...

Earl would still do a better job than that joker Hines did.

Hines must rank as one of our all time worst players...He was seriously awful!!!

Hadn't he just signed a new 2year deal at 'Boro'.....unbelievable!!!!

Hines must rank as one of our all time worst players...He was seriously awful!!!

Hadn't he just signed a new 2year deal at 'Boro'.....unbelievable!!!!

think joe will have a few targets in mind,he knows what style of football to play,and he will have seen over the last few weeks what our players are like,if not for himself im sure he has a spy so to speak,just to report back.this it would seem has been on the cards for a while..

he should still have contacts in the game,especially at citeh and everton....

looking forward to seeing a return to good old fashion on the deck fast paced football again.

How about that Diego Cervero bloke....or have we done that? Come on Mr Sideburns update us all.

Just spoke to HDGS who reckons a keeper is possibly coming in from 1 of Royles old clubs.

The only clue I could get was that the team has (a) been in the premiership in the last 10 years and (B) doesn't have an X or z in the name. Cheeky.

So I guess that only leaves Everton, Manchester City & Ipswich.