Season Tickets

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are my thoughts on season ticket prices for next season.

Lets think positive and look forward to the future, if we all thought why bother next season we wont have a club to support in a couple of seasons.

True there are more downs than ups but thats what make the ups all the better.

Based on other clubs season ticket offers.

Instead of 3,000 fans buying S.T at £350 each charge £175 on the basis of selling 6,000.

Under 16 and over 65's £100 a S.T

Pro's

You would not lose any money.

You would nearly fill the ground every week

Better atmosphere which helps the team

Double the merchandise and shirt selling potential

Double the program,pie and pint sales.

Create interest to entice younger Latics fans to bring there friends and family in years to come.

Cons

None

Sorry in advance to some fans for being a tad positive.

there appears to be no student prices

there appears to be no student prices

My uncle has just renewed his ticket at Everton, and they get considerable discount for 'renewing' over the price of a 'new customer',

Might not get any new season ticket holders but may surely go some way to keeping the ones we have?

My uncle has just renewed his ticket at Everton, and they get considerable discount for 'renewing' over the price of a 'new customer',

Might not get any new season ticket holders but may surely go some way to keeping the ones we have?

Hi

Im new on here.

I have just read your post- lets hope they don't do what they have at old trafford this season!

I have heard from my fiance that at old trafford this season if you (ST holder) don't buy every ticket for EVERY home game you become inelligible for your season ticket the following season...........imagine the rebellion.......P

So we dont have any new fans yet you want to reduce the income from the ones we have ? Think it through....

Thats assuming everyone who has one this season is going to renew next season, which I doubt will happen

My thinking was that if some form of discount was offered for a renewal as opposed to new ST holders, even if it isnt much, might be the difference between some fans decision to renew or not

I really don't know what the answer or the solution to this is. Perhaps some form of loyalty scheme whereas the more you go the less you pay. Without doing the mathematics reducing the entrance fee by 25p or roundabouts per game.

The club already has a loyalty card...Teamcard. If you've used it through the season for season tickets and any club purchase or any of the other retailers will probably earn you more than that off a season ticket this season. Ok not huge amounts but it all helps.

here's an idea. I know it could be difficult in current circumstances but if the effort was put in sdurely it would be viable.

anyone who buys a st 1/6/09 or b4 pays £200 and you also get a discount card/vouchers to money off at a sponsors shop. (maybe jd sports or b&q or suchlike) the sponsor pays £50 per season ticket sold for the privelage of the extra custom generated.

anyone who buys one between 2/6/09 and 1/7/09 pays £250 and same goes with the sponsorship and discount.

anyone who buys after 2/7/09 pays £299 with same deal.

like i said could be difficult to attract such a sponsor but the benifits are definatly there. if you put a 15% discount card in 4000 season tickets, sales should go up more than enough for the scheme to pay for it's self.

companies that may be tempet to get involved are jd sports, hmv, b&q, pentagon. you could even bring a different sponsor in for junior tickets to targed specific ages such as a toy store or something. Theres loads of scope to develop this idea

any thoughts or adjustments?

The club already has a loyalty card...Teamcard. If you've used it through the season for season tickets and any club purchase or any of the other retailers will probably earn you more than that off a season ticket this season. Ok not huge amounts but it all helps.

Please explain, Im a new fan.........the missus isnt though, long story but i not from the oldham area originally, im from cheshire, not far from crewe, gutted about the result on monday, would have been nice to beat them lol but as the missus says best get used to the heart break, being an ex red, from ot, losing isnt something i have had to get used to.

im trying to get her to go back to every home game at the weekends, ( i work away) and away games where money permits.

Please explain, Im a new fan.........the missus isnt though, long story but i not from the oldham area originally, im from cheshire, not far from crewe, gutted about the result on monday, would have been nice to beat them lol but as the missus says best get used to the heart break, being an ex red, from ot, losing isnt something i have had to get used to.

im trying to get her to go back to every home game at the weekends, ( i work away) and away games where money permits.

Probably best to start at the top of this page and work your way (or get the missus too!) through it. I believe Asda may well be coming on board at some stage (if a trial has gone well??).

teamcard

Probably best to start at the top of this page and work your way (or get the missus too!) through it. I believe Asda may well be coming on board at some stage (if a trial has gone well??).

teamcard

Thanks for that, I had never heard of it, but it is something that I shall be looking into in greater depth in the closed season especially as it has other benefits to it as well, something is better than nothing though!

One thing latics could do is target schools with cheap ticket offers -

ie Kids for a quid , most would have to come with an adult so getting £21 on that basis.

But ultimatley it doesnt matter what incentives you offer you need a good quality product to show for it if you are going to entice them back !!

A decent team playing decent and attractive football will do it. I think Big Joe is the one to do it as well. At least he will give it a go to entertain and score goals.

One thing latics could do is target schools with cheap ticket offers -

ie Kids for a quid , most would have to come with an adult so getting £21 on that basis.

They do this a lot. The spike in crowd for the Scunthorpe night game wasn't due to it being a top of the table clash, but becuase they'd dished out several hundred tickets to kids.

But ultimatley it doesnt matter what incentives you offer you need a good quality product to show for it if you are going to entice them back !!

A decent team playing decent and attractive football will do it. I think Big Joe is the one to do it as well. At least he will give it a go to entertain and score goals.

Totally right.

here's an idea. I know it could be difficult in current circumstances but if the effort was put in sdurely it would be viable.

anyone who buys a st 1/6/09 or b4 pays £200 and you also get a discount card/vouchers to money off at a sponsors shop. (maybe jd sports or b&q or suchlike) the sponsor pays £50 per season ticket sold for the privelage of the extra custom generated.

anyone who buys one between 2/6/09 and 1/7/09 pays £250 and same goes with the sponsorship and discount.

anyone who buys after 2/7/09 pays £299 with same deal.

like i said could be difficult to attract such a sponsor but the benifits are definatly there. if you put a 15% discount card in 4000 season tickets, sales should go up more than enough for the scheme to pay for it's self.

companies that may be tempet to get involved are jd sports, hmv, b&q, pentagon. you could even bring a different sponsor in for junior tickets to targed specific ages such as a toy store or something. Theres loads of scope to develop this idea

any thoughts or adjustments?

Although I have worked out before, we'd need to sell 13,000 to break even. However, taking the above suggestion a degree further, I worked for Stelios (not in /easyJet). He's a one trick pony, with the dynamic pricing.

Although much more fluid at easy, it could work that the first 1-00 are x a£, the next 200 are b£, next 500 are c£ etc from very cheap for the first few to mroe expensive for the later ones including tight up to Xmas.

So get a queue and excitement for the fist lot (imagine a queue of 1,000 at BP, right through to the half season ticket (though not neccesarily heavily discounted for Xmas presents.

Maybe a little more for the day to dayers, and a disouont for buying a block of 10 after that.

Experts in this and maths would have a formula in no time.

Although I have worked out before, we'd need to sell 13,000 to break even. However, taking the above suggestion a degree further, I worked for Stelios (not in /easyJet). He's a one trick pony, with the dynamic pricing.

Although much more fluid at easy, it could work that the first 1-00 are x a£, the next 200 are b£, next 500 are c£ etc from very cheap for the first few to mroe expensive for the later ones including tight up to Xmas.

So get a queue and excitement for the fist lot (imagine a queue of 1,000 at BP, right through to the half season ticket (though not neccesarily heavily discounted for Xmas presents.

Maybe a little more for the day to dayers, and a disouont for buying a block of 10 after that.

Experts in this and maths would have a formula in no time.

I see what you mean, they do it with cheap train tickets, but I think it goes against FA rules

The basic problem is that the Oldham public cannot be bothered to put their hands in their pockets to pay £20 for a one off attractive fixture say like Leeds or Peterborough at home. The same people are not going to stump up even £100 for a season ticket. Any drop in price will not result in sufficient extra sales to justify the drop in price. The problem isn't pricing just apathy. Hence the same season ticket holders less 20% fewer than last year will be asked to pay the same again.Times are hard and TTA are unfortunately between a rock and a hard place.

I'm most definitely a happy clapper but at 350 i might well say no this time. I'm just struggling to afford it (or anything) right now. I'll do what I can to get the money together and see what signings we make but i'm seriously considering not buiying next season. If I don't go my bro won't either and then I doubt my dad will. The thing is i'm probably gonna playing a pretty decent standard on Saturdays next season so I could be earning some money rather than forking out for another season of frustrating failure. At 175 i'd buy anyway and go to all the tuesday games and any others I could make.

I know that I will get slated for this but...

As a fan, I fully accept that I have to make a contribution towards the running costs of the club. If season tickets are £300, it means I will be paying about £13 a game. I don't think that is unreasonable. The suggestion of £175 would mean that I would only be paying about £7 a game. I honestly think that is too cheap. It places far too much burdon on the owners of the club.

We can argue until we're blue in the face as to whether this would attract a load of new season ticket holders. It's a matter of opinion and mine is that it wouldn't.

As for the plan of charging different rates depending on how many we sell, it just can't work.

If you said £300 if we sell under 6,000 and £175 if we break 6,000, people would have to buy assuming that they would pay the higher amount as they couldn't pull out if we didn't get there. This would only attract the same people who will buy a ticket any way.

It is also an important factor that the first 2,000 extra season tickets you sell are going to go to people who would probably pay on the gate if they didn't have a season ticket, therefore this leads to a significant loss of income.

QUOTE (tangerinedreams @ Apr 15 2009, 22:42 PM)

Why would this be against the FA rules?

if it is what I think it is, then I'm sure you cant keep changing the price of season tickets

not sure it is anything to do with the FA.

Maybe you mean the Football League?