Season Tickets

I know that I will get slated for this but...

As a fan, I fully accept that I have to make a contribution towards the running costs of the club. If season tickets are £300, it means I will be paying about £13 a game. I don't think that is unreasonable. The suggestion of £175 would mean that I would only be paying about £7 a game. I honestly think that is too cheap. It places far too much burdon on the owners of the club.

I fully agree with this. To get anything out we as supporters have to put in.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what about a pie season ticket? as long as they don't bring back pukka

Pay for the pie(s) on the turnstile, you would be given a ticket to hand in before or at half time, work out over the season what the average pie consumption is per game then offset the following season........simple.......saves peoples stomachs thinking there throats have been slit, anybody know how many pies are brought in? obviously not enough!! :disappointed:

Is it just me that eats before going to the game due to a severe distrust of mass catering and a fondness for my taste buds and digestive system? I think I have had one pie at football and found it one of the most difficult things to eat whilst milling about before a game and haven't repeated the experience.

Is it just me that eats before going to the game due to a severe distrust of mass catering and a fondness for my taste buds and digestive system?

No me too, however I did indulge in a meat and tater against Crewe. I purchased the object at 15:30 just to make sure there was supply, and by half time I had indigestion that would've killed a small animal.

No me too, however I did indulge in a meat and tater against Crewe. I purchased the object at 15:30 just to make sure there was supply, and by half time I had indigestion that would've killed a small animal.

Would probably have been about the right temperature by then too, I'm sure the sun doesn't generate as much heat as a football pie.

As a long standing season ticket holder i won't be put off by what we see on the pitch because if i did that i would have stopped going years ago ! we support our club because we love it and yes there are ups and downs and usually more downs ! but it's not that long ago we were asked to pay more for our season tickets if we wanted to see a better product ! which we all did and the better product ? i'm still waiting for it ! So my point is don't ask me to pay anymore than i already do. KTF

It's difficult to disagree with that. There is that, "where do we stop with raising the prices?"...

Only thing I can say to counter any of it is...

"it's not that long ago we were asked to pay more for our season tickets if we wanted to see a better product ! which we all did and the better product ? i'm still waiting for it !"

It's not for the want of trying by TTA...they keep bailing us out. If it's another £25, then really, it's up to us to pay it. If we want them here losing their money week, after week, after week...

* I know someone will come back and say how TTA will recoup this once the land deal is done. I know this, coz it's happened before. However, at present there's no assurances of anything and should they recoup it, we'll be repaid with a shiny new stadium for our club. So really...it's win win...but it's all dependant on us KTF.

Edited by boundaryblue80

I really don't know what the answer or the solution to this is. Perhaps some form of loyalty scheme whereas the more you go the less you pay. Without doing the mathematics reducing the entrance fee by 25p or roundabouts per game.

Lol...25p x 23 games...saving £5.75 a season!!! They'll come flocking :wink:

If you said £300 if we sell under 6,000 and £175 if we break 6,000, people would have to buy assuming that they would pay the higher amount as they couldn't pull out if we didn't get there. This would only attract the same people who will buy a ticket any way.

True...so...if it was to be tried, I'd suggest that there was a non-refundable deposit of £50 to pay. So that way, the 3000 definitely paying the £300 should 6000 not be hit still pay it and are unaffected, whereas the rest will either pay the rest and get a ticket anyway or lose their deposit. Bit like when booking a holiday and pulling out of it.

By the law of averages, at any point in time half of the professional clubs in the country will be improving a bit and the other half slipping a bit.

Small changes, like the appointment of a new manager, the introduction of a new striker or an infusion of exciting youth players can change the direction of a football club for the better.

I really don't see now (or any time) as the time to stop following your football club (unless the economy has well and truly stuffed your income).

Now is exactly the time to get behind your team big time and support them in to the new season with hope, belief and some well kept faith.

Edited by opinions4u

Is it just me that eats before going to the game due to a severe distrust of mass catering and a fondness for my taste buds and digestive system? I think I have had one pie at football and found it one of the most difficult things to eat whilst milling about before a game and haven't repeated the experience.

I gave up eating pies during the match back in the days of terracing, as I realised that one of the most uncomfortable experiences you can have is trying, while still feeling a couple of pre-match pints sloshing about your stomach, to eat this thing with a scalding hot filling while walking up or down steps and being elbowed and jostled by people who are simultaneously breathing beer fumes in your face and, sometimes, smell of BO (like the pies) to boot.

QUOTE (tangerinedreams @ Apr 15 2009, 22:42 PM)

Why would this be against the FA rules?

not sure it is anything to do with the FA.

Maybe you mean the Football League?

OK back off the pies and onto season tickets.

I emailed the Football League.

Git this reply:

Dear singe (that's not how he replied by the way!)

Thank you for your email.

The Football League has no jurisdiction over the season ticket prices of our member clubs. We do ask that clubs submit their Pricing Plans prior to the start of each season, and we continue to monitor these documents throughout the season, but this relates only to matchday admission prices and is purely designed to ensure that ticket prices for visiting supporters are comparable with those charged to home fans.

Thank you for contacting The Football League.

Yours sincerely

Mark Bradley

Customer Service

The Football League

www.football-league.co.uk

So my easySeasonTicket is back on (by the way for Stelios' lawyers I am not trying to pass us off as easyOldham Athletic-just illustrating the point with your fine organisation and commending you on such a top business model that you ahve so scuessfully replicated and I am sure the £80million you lost was but small change))

Lol...25p x 23 games...saving £5.75 a season!!! They'll come flocking :wink:

:grin: I did try to edit that post lol, yes i realised after i had written it, £2.50 per game, reason why i said this was because i work away during the week therefore unable to do weekday matches, but would like to see some sort of loyalty scheme for those who are unable to make weekday mayches for one reason or another.

I gave up eating pies during the match back in the days of terracing, as I realised that one of the most uncomfortable experiences you can have is trying, while still feeling a couple of pre-match pints sloshing about your stomach, to eat this thing with a scalding hot filling while walking up or down steps and being elbowed and jostled by people who are simultaneously breathing beer fumes in your face and, sometimes, smell of BO (like the pies) to boot.

Ive never had a pie at a match before, ever, ive heard too many bad things about em, the above posts have just confirmed that nothing has changed, the stench of BO as well as a cack pie just twists my guts. Pie anyone........not for me ta!

Ive never had a pie at a match before, ever, ive heard too many bad things about em, the above posts have just confirmed that nothing has changed, the stench of BO as well as a cack pie just twists my guts. Pie anyone........not for me ta!

All our pie eating fans died on the way back from Hartlepool last season.

NB. This explains the diminishing crowd too.

Those were the days!!!

Was giving this some thought this morning...

I think it would be wise to scrap the early purchase discount and just reduce the full price down to what the reduced level would be. Considering the mood around the place at the moment it might be better to just simple discount the season tickets and give people time to enjoy their summer and get this season out of their heads.

I don't know how other people operate but at the end of the season I just want to forget about football some what and just enjoy the summer. Then as we approach the new season the excitement/ optimism returns but by this point you look at the prices and they are right back up and you cant really justify buying one. Hence you get "locked" out... I just think that now this my well be the case for a lot more fans than every before..

Just food for thought...and I know this has other knock on impacts but I am thinking thats better than just losing the money all together...which is currently a risk...

Edited by oafc0000

Was giving this some thought this morning...

I think it would be wise to scrap the early purchase discount and just reduce the full price down to what the reduced level would be. Considering the mood around the place at the moment it might be better to just simple discount the season tickets and give people time to enjoy their summer and get this season out of their heads.

I don't know how other people operate but at the end of the season I just want to forget about football some what and just enjoy the summer. Then as we approach the new season the excitement/ optimism returns but by this point you look at the prices and they are right back up and you cant really justify buying one. Hence you get "locked" out... I just think that now this my well be the case for a lot more fans than every before..

Just food for thought...and I know this has other knock on impacts but I am thinking thats better than just losing the money all together...which is currently a risk...

The club need to get money in to cover summer wages etc.

Discount season tickets pay for that and then the cash customers during the season pay the seasons wages etc (In theory anyway) - still losing £50k a week though and whatever tickets prices are for next season that loss will continue.

The biggest problem latics have is not how many season tickets they sell at whatever price, it is getting the cash paying customer thorugh the door each week.

Only way to do that is have a successful team on the pitch.

Problem solved !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

The club need to get money in to cover summer wages etc.

Discount season tickets pay for that and then the cash customers during the season pay the seasons wages etc (In theory anyway) - still losing £50k a week though and whatever tickets prices are for next season that loss will continue.

The biggest problem latics have is not how many season tickets they sell at whatever price, it is getting the cash paying customer thorugh the door each week.

Only way to do that is have a successful team on the pitch.

Problem solved !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I take your points but the situation may well be a bit different than normal with many people not renewing... I suppose the TTA could always announce that the early discount is extended if numbers are low ... but then people will moan...

As mush I have been disillusioned at times this season with tripe product, apparant poor attitude amongst players, ill discipline, no reserve football my ST provided entrance for and once again failure. I will renew again somehow against the back drop of the credit crunch, higher fuel bills, petrol on the up again, greater amounts needed to keep the same level of pension provision, CSA increasing my payments yet again and no doubt soon the mortgage payment going back up (the latter lower prices why the increase, I wonder why they wanted to re-assess now long before the due date).

Yep......I guess I take Oldham Athletic too seriously. So text that to the players eh!

Edited by Lags