Season Tickets

Here are my thoughts on season ticket prices for next season.

Lets think positive and look forward to the future, if we all thought why bother next season we wont have a club to support in a couple of seasons.

True there are more downs than ups but thats what make the ups all the better.

Based on other clubs season ticket offers.

Instead of 3,000 fans buying S.T at £350 each charge £175 on the basis of selling 6,000.

Under 16 and over 65's £100 a S.T

Pro's

You would not lose any money.

You would nearly fill the ground every week

Better atmosphere which helps the team

Double the merchandise and shirt selling potential

Double the program,pie and pint sales.

Create interest to entice younger Latics fans to bring there friends and family in years to come.

Cons

None

Sorry in advance to some fans for being a tad positive.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets think positive and look forward to the future, if we all thought why bother next season we wont have a club to support in a couple of seasons.

Instead of 3,000 fans buying S.T at £350 each charge £175 on the basis of selling 6,000.

Pro's

Create interest to entice younger Latics fans to bring there friends and family in years to come.

Cons

None

It's a great idea and one I would normally fully support......... but I think it's a season too late. There was a wave of optimism going into this season that wasn't capitalised on and maybe we would have had a chance of shifting 6000. Sadly I just can't see 6000 bothering with a season ticket for next season :(

It's a great idea and one I would normally fully support......... but I think it's a season too late. There was a wave of optimism going into this season that wasn't capitalised on and maybe we would have had a chance of shifting 6000. Sadly I just can't see 6000 bothering with a season ticket for next season :(

Do the offer and you pay £350 if the 6000 figure isn't reached, dont lose either way

Pro's

Cons

None

isnt under 16's season ticket currently £50???

there is a sense of a need to do something,however they didnt do it last season and gave there reasoning as to why.

very optimistic as current season ticket holders are around the 3k mark.

unless the club announce some fantastic player signings then i cant see the greater or wider oldham public having anything to do with it.

we are to a certain degree on our own.

again this was mention at the end of last season,and we had a massive thread on it with some very good ideas,but sadly none of them got acted on,the club and owners will only do as they see fit,whether we like it or not.

£350 a season ticket im out,£175 i would be very temped.

Why not price it depending on the number we sell?

E.g. 1 poor buggar buys on his own, he pays £900k, 2 buy, they pay 450k each etc, 1000 pay £900 each, 4000 pay £225 each and so on?

Alternatively, you could have a set price for people to pay, e.g £250, and that's all they pay, no matter how many people pay (this goes on at the same time as the other system!)

E.g. 1 poor buggar buys on his own, he pays £900k, 2 buy, they pay 450k each etc, 1000 pay £900 each, 4000 pay £225 each and so on?

Alternatively, you could have a set price for people to pay, e.g £250, and that's all they pay, no matter how many people pay (this goes on at the same time as the other system!)

£250 for home games works out at just short of £11 a game.

do think though they would have to drop pay on the day if they did something like this,maybe £16 or something like.

isnt under 16's season ticket currently £50???

there is a sense of a need to do something,however they didnt do it last season and gave there reasoning as to why.

very optimistic as current season ticket holders are around the 3k mark.

unless the club announce some fantastic player signings then i cant see the greater or wider oldham public having anything to do with it.

we are to a certain degree on our own.

again this was mention at the end of last season,and we had a massive thread on it with some very good ideas,but sadly none of them got acted on,the club and owners will only do as they see fit,whether we like it or not.

£350 a season ticket im out, £175 i would be very temped.

I paid £299 (£364) this season, I refuse to pay a penny more...IF I CAN BE ARSED NEXT SEASON!

Edited by oafcprozac

Are you a gambling man by any chance, JoeLatics?

Thats 2 of us at £175.....5,998 to go.

I know lots of non season ticket holders that would pay £175 and I know lots of current season ticket holders that wont pay £350.

Ok under 16's prices a need reassessing, maybe £75 and an offer of a five year season ticket at £300....youve got a fan for life there whether they like it or not.

Edited by leeblue72

As a long standing season ticket holder i won't be put off by what we see on the pitch because if i did that i would have stopped going years ago ! we support our club because we love it and yes there are ups and downs and usually more downs ! but it's not that long ago we were asked to pay more for our season tickets if we wanted to see a better product ! which we all did and the better product ? i'm still waiting for it ! So my point is don't ask me to pay anymore than i already do. KTF

Pro's

Cons

None

Agree 100% the club really need to introduce something like this and really try to get the lost fan back at Boundary Park. Oldham is a working class town and recently a lot have been lost their jobs, so a scheme like this could really support the town and the local folk. Now the argument against this is that you can't guarentee the extra 3k to purchase a season ticket and that you can sell 3k for twice the price with less risk. It all depends on the local public and their views to such a scheme to get them back to BP.

The club should be going into Oldham now with simple questionaires with questions such as, why did give up going to latics? and what could entice you back to BP? Put forward options regarding season tickets and see how they like them. Take their name and address and bombard them with offers at the club and really try and get them back. Simple :wink:

Pro's

Cons

None

Cons

We lose money.

Apologies for being realistic. :wink:

Cons

We lose money.

Apologies for being realistic. :wink:

That's it. The board were asked about this last year and they reckoned there would just not be enough interest to justify it. Sure we might get 4000 season ticket holders at £150 instead of 3000 at £300 but the thing is we'd actually be losing money doing it.

We wouldn't even make any extra money off them because the pies always sell out by half time!

Edited by RoytonBlueLad

The club should be going into Oldham now with simple questionaires with questions such as, why did give up going to latics? and what could entice you back to BP? Put forward options regarding season tickets and see how they like them. Take their name and address and bombard them with offers at the club and really try and get them back. Simple :wink:

Why did you give up going to latics?

And the survey says....

Relegation

Price increases

What could entice you back to BP?

And the survey says....

Promotion

Price Reductions

That's it. The board were asked about this last year and they reckoned there would just not be enough interest to justify it. Sure we might get 4000 season ticket holders at £150 instead of 3000 at £300 but the thing is we'd actually be losing money doing it.

We wouldn't even make any extra money off them because the pies always sell out by half time!

Not my line of thinking.

Another con would be potential cash flow issues......

Pro's

Cons

None

This would cost the club a lot of money and have serious implications with the cash flow.

Say Latics could get 6000 - 3000 S/Ticket holders and 3000 paying £20 cash.

Against 6000 S/ticket holders at the cheaper price - the extra 3000 S/T holders would be the 3000 who pay cash.

result -

Reduce money coming in for latics and cash flow they rely on during the season would dry up.

The only way this would work is guarantee that the extra 3000 S/T holders would NOT be the 3000 who turn up and pay cash.

As that can't be done Latics will never go for something like this.

Edited by losesome

I admire the thinking.

The big problem is that the same 3,000 people renew their tickets at half price and nobody else buys in. Then TTA are goosed.

IF the new stand ever gets built and BP has a 16,000 capacity, then the case for doing a Huddersfield or Bradford could be an investment worth making.

One off season charging £100. 10,000 buyers, close to the same income as the season before. Better matchday experience (new stand etc). The club could consider it an investment to go with the new stand in order to make BP the place of choice for Oldham residents on a Saturday afternoon, and hopefully reap the rewards of better atmosphere, better football and more full price renewals the next season.

It will be interesting to see how Huddersfield crowds hold up next season with higher prices.

Many of these ideas are bang on, but there is a BIG risk of them not working and bankrupting the club!