Dave Penney. Happy or not?

singe

Dave Penney, good choice, or uninspired  

298 members have voted

1. 1. Happy or not?

• Happy, great choice
    • Underwhelmed, uninspired choice

Polls, I love 'em.

Seems, by all acounts, that it might be Dave Penney confirmed tommorw.

Assuming it is him, Good choice bad choice?

I know we don't know who the other candidates where, but how do you feel?

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He probably wouldn't of been my first choice (Kieth Hill for me) but a lot of this could be down to ignorance. I'll back him 100% of the way and can only hope that we allow him some time to settle in, as from what I've read/heard he likes his teams to play decent football so I'd be happy with Penney.

Neither option. I guess we have to face the type of candidate we can pull currently. Dave Penney I really don't know enough about his track record, with or without cash.

probably the only one we can afford, he was doing well with darlington until they were deducted those points and you cant blame that on him really. :wink:

What a dull gamble.... He sounds like Talbot....

I kinda thought the same. I don't think he'll be as bad as Talbot though. Penney is a good manager, a sensible appointment, maybe what we need.

Dave Penney's Blue & White Army!

I kinda thought the same. I don't think he'll be as bad as Talbot though. Penney is a good manager, a sensible appointment, maybe what we need.

Dave Penney's Blue & White Army!

Not having ago at you but to be frank people said that about Talbot, Moore and Sheridan...

Im right out of outimism right now and I get cant find it in me to look on the bright side...

This guy ticks none of the boxes for me...I will admit though I dont know very much about him...

Its the nice cheap option we all expected...

Edited by oafc0000

Not having ago at you but to be frank people said that about Talbot, Moore and Sheridan...

Im right out of outimism right now and I get cant find it in me to look on the bright side...

This guy ticks none of the boxes for me...I will admit though I dont know very much about him...

Its the nice cheap option we all expected...

I'm not sure what to think, and I'll give him a season before I say if he's good or bad.

But out of interest, what are all these boxes that he doesn't tick?

I'm not sure what to think, and I'll give him a season before I say if he's good or bad.

But out of interest, what are all these boxes that he doesn't tick?

Experienced

Man manager

Can work on a small budget relative to the divison

Good contacts in the game

A name that will put bums on seats and inspire people to come / renew season tickets...

From what little I know he dosent tick any of those boxes...

Piss poor is my initial thoughts...he is goign to have to win me over... I cant get excited about him...

So far the poll isnt looking good...

Another crap decison from the TTA on the horizon ?

Edited by oafc0000

Gannon was my first choice by some margin. If we'd appointed him I'd've had a smile on my face all summer.

My next shortlist would've contained people like Penney, Knill and probably Keith Hill.

I've got to say I'm underwhelmed at this juncture, but I'll get behind him when the new season starts. It's just a bit of a shame I'm no longer excited about the summer months.

Experienced

Man manager

A name that will put bums on seats and inspire people to come / renew season tickets...

Piss poor is my initial thoughts...he is goign to have to win me over... I cant get excited about him...

So far the poll isnt looking good...

Another crap decison from the TTA on the horizon ?

Cheers. All I know is I thought Donny looked a decent side when I saw them play us a few years back, especially at their (old) place. Time will tell.

Bums on seats will probably depend on what the teamsheet looks like in August and that's some time away.

TTA baffle me quite often mate!

Hope you see reasons to be optimistic come the kick off for next season.

Hope you see reasons to be optimistic come the kick off for next season.

I will be there...no doubting that...

Just sick of doing the whole "its a great appointment" when my head says totally different...

Will praise him if he does well but right now I aint happy...

Experienced

Man manager

Well he is experienced, and 2 promotions with Donny, a playoff season with Darlo (plus what probably would have been one this season) would suggest he can man manage. I am not sure what his budgets have been like, but admittedly neither are you, so dont know if he ticks that box...same can be said for contacts. His name will not put bums on seats, but then again, Joe Royle only put bums on seats for one game so for Latics to get a guy who will put bums on seats it would have to be a really really big name.

Well he is experienced, and 2 promotions with Donny, a playoff season with Darlo (plus what probably would have been one this season) would suggest he can man manage. I am not sure what his budgets have been like, but admittedly neither are you, so dont know if he ticks that box...same can be said for contacts. His name will not put bums on seats, but then again, Joe Royle only put bums on seats for one game so for Latics to get a guy who will put bums on seats it would have to be a really really big name.

One club isnt experienced in my book...

Some of the rumours and comments I have read about him question his man management...

I have seen no evidence of him having contacts and from what I know he has had money to play with..