298 members have voted

1. 1. Happy or not?

• Happy, great choice
    • Underwhelmed, uninspired choice

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

... which was based on the fact you hadn't even heard of him.

I do find it truly scary how little so many football "fans" know outside their own team.

Glad to see that you're now "coming round to the guy", presumably having found out a bit more about him. :lol:

I think I remember saying I didnt know a lot about him.... Not that I have never heard of him... But do feel free to continue ...

I know I said the other day I would be disappointed if Penny, Adams or Jepson got the job but I've come round to the idea of DP taking over, his football style has always been good on the eye and Donny always gave us a good game, it's no disgrace that he couldn't get Donny up to the Championship.

Gannon was my first choice but DP's CV is the best of the rest.

I knew when I managed to go to work today with matching socks and the wife actually smiled at me there was something spooky going on....Now I am REALLY spooked because I find myself in total agreement with Coco !!!! ....I am actually on the point in thinking that hes looking forward to next season feeling really positive and eager to renew his season ticket.....

Matches Won Drawn Lost Win %

Doncaster Rovers 22 April 2000 - 31 May 2000 6 4 1 1 66.7

Doncaster Rovers 27 Dec 2001 - 30 Aug 2006 241 114 62 65 47.3

Darlington 30 Oct 2006 - 30 April 2009 139 60 35 44 43.2

Wikipedia has DP already installed as Oldham Manager as of 30th April.

I have had a look on various forums and theres nothing but praise about him from Donny and Darlo.....As his record shows hes not done bad at all so far in his career and I am optimistic that at last we may have found a man who will do a decent job. ...

Lets hope he instills some pride and passion on the pitch which has been so lacking in recent history.......

I knew when I managed to go to work today with matching socks and the wife actually smiled at me there was something spooky going on....Now I am REALLY spooked because I find myself in total agreement with Coco !!!! ....I am actually on the point in thinking that hes looking forward to next season feeling really positive and eager to renew his season ticket.....

Matches Won Drawn Lost Win %

Doncaster Rovers 22 April 2000 - 31 May 2000 6 4 1 1 66.7

Doncaster Rovers 27 Dec 2001 - 30 Aug 2006 241 114 62 65 47.3

Darlington 30 Oct 2006 - 30 April 2009 139 60 35 44 43.2

Wikipedia has DP already installed as Oldham Manager as of 30th April.

I have had a look on various forums and theres nothing but praise about him from Donny and Darlo.....As his record shows hes not done bad at all so far in his career and I am optimistic that at last we may have found a man who will do a decent job. ...

Lets hope he instills some pride and passion on the pitch which has been so lacking in recent history.......

The worry for me is that the trend in his management statistics is downward - not the appointment that excites me but as it is a done deal I will be 100% behind the man.

Just wonder what this means for Dux/Tommy etc.

Nah, although thats no reflection on DP's appointment.

Cheers. All I know is I thought Donny looked a decent side when I saw them play us a few years back, especially at their (old) place. Time will tell.

Bums on seats will probably depend on what the teamsheet looks like in August and that's some time away.

TTA baffle me quite often mate!

Hope you see reasons to be optimistic come the kick off for next season.

TTA have checked him out thoroughly and he has a better record than Gannon and is more experienced. It's the owners money at stake not ours

TTA have checked him out thoroughly and he has a better record than Gannon and is more experienced. It's the owners money at stake not ours

Lets hope they checked him out more thoroughly than Wadsworth or talbot...!

Seriosuly, we are now beginnign to see the benefit of the stability of longer term owners, they are far more aware of the sheannigans going on in football. I still agree we are very lucky to have them.

Edited by singe

Lets hope they checked him out more thoroughly than Wadsworth or talbot...!

Seriosuly, we are now beginnign to see the benefit of the stability of longer term owners, they are far more aware of the sheannigans going on in football. I still agree we are very lucky to have them.

I take your point, but Wadsworth was a Chris Moore appointment.

I dont know if this has been mentioned but it has been nice to get someone in who was already in work. I am guessing that if Darlington were not in administration they would not have wanted him to go and he may well not have lefted as he was doing a good job, which shows he must have been doing something right.

The worry for me is that the trend in his management statistics is downward - not the appointment that excites me but as it is a done deal I will be 100% behind the man.

Just wonder what this means for Dux/Tommy etc.

Remember that he has been working under administration for a while. The players must be worried about their futures and will not be 100% concentrated on their football. If the club hadn't gone into administration maybe they would have got automatic promotion, or certainly the playoffs.

Guest sheridans_world

Darlo were very good early/mid season, I think they were even top at one point, then administration hit....

I dont know if this has been mentioned but it has been nice to get someone in who was already in work. I am guessing that if Darlington were not in administration they would not have wanted him to go and he may well not have lefted as he was doing a good job, which shows he must have been doing something right.

True. I was talking to a Wendy yesterday and he was amazed that we had got Penney. Really impressed. In fact Sheff W wanted him a few seasons back but were refused permission to talk to him.

His words were that, You have a good manager there, he'll do a good job."

• 2 weeks later...
The man has only been in the job for one full day, so far he has appealed to the fans to get on board with him and stump up the cash to let him do his job and provide us with something to do on a Saturday afternoon, dead-headed the previous regime and is starting the new one.

I like the way DP has set about the immense task facing him and already he is filling me full of confidence that he will prove to be an excellent appointment.

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/page/NewsU...1655512,00.html

Good to see him checking for himself to disprove the myth about the Chaddy End acoustics. :chubb: I hope he also tested Franny’s voice on the PA system, which is inaudible at the front of the Chaddy. :thumbsdown: