Friendly Confirmed

Internacional of Brazil

A good one.

In 61/2 we played , and beat, OFK Belgrade who were then a very good Yugoslav team at BP (over 10,000 crowd), the first floodlit friendy after the inaugural Burnley one. And let's not forget Burnley were a cracking team then too.

Away from home then in 1911 we had six matches in Hungary - against Ferencvaros, Blackburn, Wiener SC , and MTK Budapest. More of a tournament than friendlies I suppose. And there was the toiur of Rhodesia and Malawi in 1967 - but no big clubs!

What's the best friendly Latics have ever played? ever played AC Milan or Barca or anyone like that?

In regards to surrounding beauty I'd say the 1993 pre-season tour of the Seychelles. 2 Latics fans went, one a mate of mine and he managed to get on for a kick about when they were training!

Banik Ostravia around the same time

Seattle Storm in '88 W3-0

Dynamo Tbilisi in '89 W4-0

Banik Ostrava in '90 W3-1

Tours to:-

Sweden and Norway '91-'94

Scotland '95 & '96

Ireland in '97

IOM '97-'01 & '05

Ibiza (gutted) '05

Reckon with DP's roots it may be a tour of former pit villages this year. Might be a good idea, show some of our lot just how good they've got it!

Scotland '95 & '96

Ireland in '97

IOM '97-'01 & '05

Ibiza (gutted) '05

Reckon with DP's roots it may be a tour of former pit villages this year. Might be a good idea, show some of our lot just how good they've got it!

We played all conquering Liverpool in their first friendly and King Keeny's first match - we beat them 1-0 with A Micky Quinn pen. I remeber uis playing United a couple of times in friendlies in the 80s and we played them in the Centenary match in '95. we played Villa in Ian Olney's testimonial, Blackburn for Stitch's (WHY?????) and various other medium sized Prem teams. Oh we played Newcastle in '02 when I was on a plane back home from Majorca.

By the way, why did the club not grant Shez a testimonial, he had the charity game for his op but why has someone who gave us fantastic service at all levels in 10 1/2 years at the club not been given an official testimonial?

Scotland '95 & '96

Ireland in '97

IOM '97-'01 & '05

Ibiza (gutted) '05

It's not like you to leave out the memorable 1998 Sugar Bowl tournament in St Kitts & Nevis against the hosts and Trinidad & tobago. Keith Gumbs anyone?

IIRC Stitch won the Sugar Bowl, and the Rose Bowl against Rochdale, before a ball was kicked in the league under his managership. :first::first:

Two days before playing the mighty New Mills.

New Mills have had a fantastic season, they are in the same league as Glossop and prior to

the last game of the season had a 21 game winning run! The league title and promotion came down to the last game

against Fylde......Fylde won and were promoted.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I loved going the Shay with the 'dale. Proper ground. £2.50 buses from the town hall.

Shame they went pop and down the leagues.

Might have the short trip over for old times sake. Hopefully the bloke at the burger stand wont drop my burger in the fryer, pick it out and then still expect me to 1) eat it and 2) pay for it, like the last time I was there. Cheeky Yorkshire............*bleep*