Oldham's Friendlies

Hello Oldham Athletic supporters I have just registered to this forum because I wanted to know if any Latic fans know your friendly schedule?

The reason being is I have a soft spot for Oldham Athletic and have always wanted to get down to Boundary Park and watch a match. I support Manchester United and Prestwich Heys AFC, I know we United fans aren't exactly liked by the Oldham fans so I wanted to know if I would be welcome at your ground.

Many Thanks in Advance, Aron.

I don't care who you support as long as you pay your money and don't cause any trouble (like wearing a united shirt!).

Hope to see you at BP few times next year :dynamite:

Cheers Mate, and no I wouldnt do anything stupid or naive like that, like I say I like your club so I will show respect towards your fellow supporters.

As long as you're not planning to turn up in a Red Sox shirt, you'll be fine.

Only friendlies confirmed so far are:

13th July - Hyde Utd (a)

16th July - Halifax Town (a)

21st July - Macclesfield (a)

The Hyde one sounds promising, might have to go there and then one at Boundary Park once you get your home fixtures sorted.

Hello Oldham Athletic supporters I have just registered to this forum because I wanted to know if any Latic fans know your friendly schedule?

The reason being is I have a soft spot for Oldham Athletic and have always wanted to get down to Boundary Park and watch a match. I support Manchester United and Prestwich Heys AFC, I know we United fans aren't exactly liked by the Oldham fans so I wanted to know if I would be welcome at your ground.

Many Thanks in Advance, Aron.

Come down a few times during the season and sample the match day atmosphere too.

Come down a few times during the season and sample the match day atmosphere too.

I've seen several games this season where OT has been extremely quiet...I think the atmosphere might not be so different! Instead of shouting "Berbatov you're :censored:!" it could be "Purdie you're :censored:!" :wink:

Edited by boundaryblue80

hudds county tranmere not leeds tho they ruin the atmosphere (well oldham board & police do)

wonder if they get given the whole of the RRE this year???

Edited by kellysheroes

hudds county tranmere not leeds tho they ruin the atmosphere (well oldham board & police do)

wonder if they get given the whole of the RRE this year???

I'd suspect leeds would get the whole of the RRE again, it makes us money so why not?

As for the dirty wanting to come to a game. Yes please, and bring your mates, their mates and so on.

I've wondered for a while, would the signing of Scholes get United fans coming to our games*? Would the signing of Gary Neville get United fans coming to our games? If we actually marketed ourselves towards them. Sour taste, but something i've pondered.

*If we purposefully avoided playing at the same time/day. Playing on a Friday, a Saturday - like Tranmere did.

Cheers for all the replies guys, I think you will deffo find me at Boundary Park this season, With Manchester United pricing out us working class people I may take a little trip down the road and watch the Latics play proper football.

I know what its like supporting a proper working mans club as I support my amateur local side Prestwich Heys who play in a league lower than the North West Counties.

Cheers for all the replies guys, I think you will deffo find me at Boundary Park this season, With Manchester United pricing out us working class people I may take a little trip down the road and watch the Latics play proper football.

I know what its like supporting a proper working mans club as I support my amateur local side Prestwich Heys who play in a league lower than the North West Counties.

I actually saw them when they were Heys Old Boys!! (Born in Prestwich...)

I actually saw them when they were Heys Old Boys!! (Born in Prestwich...)

Yea on Heys Road? My Dad grew up in Prestwich and he used to go watch them when he was younger. They play in Whitefield nowadays on Sandgate Road just over the bridge.

What an anti climax that thread on the official site is.

There was me thinking the only team I know as 'pool - Liverpool. Only to get the friggin seasiders.

How exciting. Zzzzzzzz

To be fair I was expecting it to be Hartlepool so I'm quite happy! :lol:

What an anti climax that thread on the official site is.

There was me thinking the only team I know as 'pool - Liverpool. Only to get the friggin seasiders.

How exciting. Zzzzzzzz

Ha ha l actually thought it was Blackpool. I might go to this one.