Out of contract at the end of next season if memory serves. I'd hope the club are looking to extend his deal so we don't have to sell him on the cheap come January.

yeah someone like newcastle might come sniffing now they will have to rebuild, looking for young upcoming players.

im assuming they will have to strip their squad

not heard owt, just putting it out there

He would still be under 23 no? So he'd still be subject to a fee if he stayed in England...

yeah someone like newcastle Old Firm/Motherwell/Hearts/Hibs might come sniffing now they will have to rebuild, looking for young upcoming players.

It would really annoy me if we lost Eards for nowt - over-rated or not he could be a decent Gravy-Train....

Could he go to Scotland for nowt as wasn't there a age thing there too? As memory serves Porter could go to Scotland for nowt but we'd have had a fee if he went to England because of 1 year's difference in the rules. I'd like to see us keep Neal as long as possible but if he were to leave then I wouldn't begrudge him owt even if it meant leaving on a free. As the abuse he gets from people who don't understand football, or don't like him for whatever reason (sometimes I suspect this might have something to do with his Welshness) is unfathomably wrong.

For him to go anywhere I think somewhere like a Championship team looking to rebuild a bit (Newcastle/ West Brom/ Boro spring to mind). Somewhere in Scotland- no matter what the residents of Glasgow think the Old Firm is not Premiership level- or even Cardiff/Swansea are all good shouts. I could even see him going to Wolves/Birmingham (the fact that Wolves ain't that far from Llandudno might also help contribute).

It wouldn't surprise me if he signed a new contract. He is still young and I would guess settled in the area. The attitude of our supporters, although stupid, is rife accross football - so i don't see that having much affect.

If we get £300k, hands should be whipped off though as right backs are ten a penny.

It wouldn't surprise me if he signed a new contract. He is still young and I would guess settled in the area. The attitude of our supporters, although stupid, is rife accross football - so i don't see that having much affect.

If we get £300k, hands should be whipped off though as right backs are ten a penny.

I think the abuse he gets whilst wearing the shirt unbelievable. The lad's 19 and already played well over 100 games and a full international too. Yes he makes mistakes, he's a young player but he's the best striker of a ball at the club and probably our most able crosser - proven by him being top of our assists chart last season.

As for the abuse he gets for his off-field antics, well he's brought that on himself.

£300k :(

We should be looking for market value. 19yo international full back = at least £1m.

We should be looking for market value. 19yo international full back = at least £1m.

£300k for a man who's main asset is he runs alot isn't bad. the fact he plays for the international version of the non-league I'm afraid isn't going to boost his value that much.

I do like him for Oldham, but to be honest he's gone backwards and not that many will be looking at him at the moment. I could see him being here for life (well, career) myself.

300k would be a paltry sum, IMO... but if he's in the last year of his contract and not been in the best of form of late he probably won't be worth much more..especially come Xmas time.

My thinking was he is out of contract at end of 2010, and we risk losing him for nowt then. If someone comes in for him this summer with 400k plus add ons then I rec he could be off

He's worth what people are willing to pay, and what the club's willing to accept. The level of clubs likely to be interested in Eardley are unlikely to be flashing excessive amounts of cash, and with only a year left on his contract we're not in the strongest position if a buyer does waltz along.

I'm always entertained by discussions of what a player is worth.

What is our appearances record? Can't see it being beaten, whatever, however if it is to be a player like Eardley (good enough for us, maybe not for the level above, never injured, started young) fits the bill perfectly.

its something like 454 or 545 ian wood, dont think it will ever be touched

Whatever happens we can't let Eardley leave for nothing, so if we get only £300k for the lad then at least it is something. However, if we get less than half a million then I'll feel aggrieved with the world because he is clearly worth at least that.

Should he go then the boo boys will have nobody to blame but themselves, although given the stories about his attitude during the season that have been circulating on here lately, it may well be that the damage is already done...