Brill New Goalie

Alec1954

Goalie  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Who would be your first choice keeper?

• Dean Brill
    • Greg Fleming
    • Even mix of Brill & Fleming

QUOTE (Stevie_J @ May 6 2008, 20:05 PM)

Patrik Berger?!

Claude Gnapka

John Spicer

Claus Jorgensen

Grant Holt

Danny Hollands

Dean Brill (no chance really - will probably go to the Championship)

Keith Keane

Grant Holt

I can have no complaints on this one; I was hoping we'd sign him a year ago but thought a Championship club might snap him up.

http://www.owtb.co.uk/index.php?s=&sho...st&p=127053

Very good!

You are quite keen on Grant Holt.

Edited by singe

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Stevie_J @ May 6 2008, 20:05 PM)

Patrik Berger?!

Claude Gnapka

John Spicer

Claus Jorgensen

Grant Holt

Danny Hollands

Dean Brill (no chance really - will probably go to the Championship)

Keith Keane

Grant Holt

Very good!

That was covered at the time Singe, thanks very much!

Think Fleming should start the season as number one though then its up to him if he keeps his place. Greg had to wait for his chance and so should this lad.

Don't be daft. Just 'cause someone has been here longer doesn't mean they should get first choice. Whoever is best during pre-season should be number one choice.

Otherwise why not start with Lomax in defence and Wolfy up front? :wink:

I think we have two good young keepers which can only be good for us and good for Greg and Dean. I was puzzled as to why Supple was picked ahead of Greg at the back end of last season when both available as a young keeper needs to play to get experience and to learn how to make better decisions. Hopefully both will stay fit and keep each other on their toes.

I think we have two good young keepers which can only be good for us and good for Greg and Dean. I was puzzled as to why Supple was picked ahead of Greg at the back end of last season when both available as a young keeper needs to play to get experience and to learn how to make better decisions. Hopefully both will stay fit and keep each other on their toes.

We were picking a blind dyspraxic ahead of Greg at one point, so Supple being in is hardly surprising.

You have to remember that it is a new manager so there is no current owner of the shirt as far as he is concerned.

I haven't seen enough of Brill, so really couldn't say one way or another as to which I would prefer.

Don't be daft. Just 'cause someone has been here longer doesn't mean they should get first choice. Whoever is best during pre-season should be number one choice.

Otherwise why not start with Lomax in defence and Wolfy up front? :wink:

So picking a keeper we know is good enough to be our first choice and who knows the defence is daft but picking someone who has a good game in a friendly against Hyde, Halifax or Boro's reserves isn't.

Fleming and Brill are at a similar level (both young and learning their game) and all im saying is we should start with Fleming as number one if we brought in a keeper that was a class above Fleming I would say start him and Fleming would have to wait.

Brill although has potential isnt rated that highly by the Luton fans (a team that dropped out of the football league last season) yet quite a few people on here feel he should start first choice and I bet most havent seen him play.

How can most people go for Brill? On 606 the general feeling is that he looked like he would be good but has lost his way,some Lutons fans think he is not good enough for a team in league 1... This is from fans of a team that that would've finished mid table in a divsion below..

We needed a keeper so fair enough but I'd stick with Fleming -

How can most people go for Brill? On 606 the general feeling is that he looked like he would be good but has lost his way,some Lutons fans think he is not good enough for a team in league 1... This is from fans of a team that that would've finished mid table in a divsion below..

We needed a keeper so fair enough but I'd stick with Fleming -

Too be fair I would lose my way being at a club in League 2 that started on minus points.

If he has lost his way we can make him find it!

Edited by razza699

Its amazing that Brill has so many votes, I doubt anyone has seen him play. As he is stepping up from Luton I would have thought he has been bought in to provide competition for Flemming and put pressure on him rather than replace him from the off. Just like Flemming bided his time when Crossely was here. We will see.

Its amazing that Brill has so many votes, I doubt anyone has seen him play. As he is stepping up from Luton I would have thought he has been bought in to provide competition for Flemming and put pressure on him rather than replace him from the off. Just like Flemming bided his time when Crossely was here. We will see.

Dunfermline reportedly interested in Fleming.

BBC Sport

So picking a keeper we know is good enough to be our first choice and who knows the defence is daft but picking someone who has a good game in a friendly against Hyde, Halifax or Boro's reserves isn't.

Fleming and Brill are at a similar level (both young and learning their game) and all im saying is we should start with Fleming as number one if we brought in a keeper that was a class above Fleming I would say start him and Fleming would have to wait.

Brill although has potential isnt rated that highly by the Luton fans (a team that dropped out of the football league last season) yet quite a few people on here feel he should start first choice and I bet most havent seen him play.

Maybe with the Luton fans not rating him its anger at him leaving? It happens with 99% of players a team sells/releases/cant afford to keep.

Another point is WE don't pick..Penney will not only be judging them on the pre-season friendlies, he'll be watching them in training too, but the friendlies will show how they cope in a match situation...and Penney saw Fleming against Walsall in the last game of last season when he stupidly ran out and left his net open for 'Sall to score with the first attack of them game within the first minute.

So like I said, whoever shows they are better equiped for the first choice should get it.

I have trust and faith in Penney and I'm sure he'll make the right decision :grin: