• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No matter how crap he was on loan last season, none of our loanees worked out but were all proven at higher levels.

I think we should snap him up and if nothing else, he'll push Parker and Abbott for a first-team place...

I do think things would be different if he was an actual Oldham player and I think Penney would get the best out of a player like Byfield.

Just out of interest...was Byfield at Doncaster when Penney was?

if true and we decide to sign him, then could be a very good signing. last season i don't think we saw the true byfield, he was an unfit striker, who was low on confidence. proved a rotherham, gillingham and millwall he knows were the net is and if dave penney can get him to do the same here then we will have a real asset on our hands. definetely worth a gamble!

Edited by erniecooksey4

if true and we decide to sign him, then could be a very good signing. last season i don't think we saw the true byfield, he was an unfit striker, who was low on confidence. proved a rotherham, gillingham and millwall he knows were the net is and if dave penney can get him to do the same here then we will have a real asset on our hands. definetely worth a gamble!

I speak to a Millwall scout in the gym and he has nothing good to say about Byfield , I hope he is in the gym tonight he may know.

I would love him to prove me wrong but I think he is an all round male chicken

I speak to a Millwall scout in the gym and he has nothing good to say about Byfield , I hope he is in the gym tonight he may know.

I would love him to prove me wrong but I think he is an all round male chicken

maybe true but i am sure they are many people who would have good things to say about him as well.

with him i think he needs a certain manager to get the best out of him, shez wasn't that manager, lets hope dave penney is if he signs

I don't think he was as bad as everyone is making out, he wasn't Lee Hughes or Chris Porter but he was hardly that bad, decent goal at Crewe, played well in numerous other games iirc.

get him fully fit and him and abbott could be a great foil for each other.

we do need another striker imo and he could be the answer

I don't think he was as bad as everyone is making out, he wasn't Lee Hughes or Chris Porter but he was hardly that bad, decent goal at Crewe, played well in numerous other games iirc.

Yeah people have short memories, we've had far worse players than Darren Byfield at the club, but saying that I don't think we really need him, if we're to bring anyone else in, it's a centre-back

I get the feeling that all the loan strikers we had last season have kind of merged into one awful failure in the general consciousness of alot of fans. :grin:

Byfield wasn't the worst - at least he scored!

so did windass haha :grin:

Edited by erniecooksey4

think he would be a decent signing but dont think he will be first choice and dont think he would be too keen to com ehere to sit on the bench. think abbot and parker will be a good partnership but we need a back up as the current back ups arnt close to being upto standard at the minute although with a bit of work from them i could be proved wrong

Now that Michelle Haining will not be gracing BP, it looks like Jamelia Byfield may be called on to fill the gap. Although Michelle may be back on Saturday to watch Will on trial for Blackpool.

That will be a good test of our strikers. Will didn't look anything special against our non-league opponents. If he impresses against our stikers then....... :sign0007: