Best goal seen at BP

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Roger Wylde V Wolves (think it was 84) when we won 4-1

Marshall V Notts County (prob 92...... my memory is :censored:)

Or how abot Mark Brennan V Chelsea in the dense fog at BP or Marshall V Norwich (live on Sky Monday Night Football), both of these looked like they were going 30 yards over the bar.

Not sure who against but there was a david eyers free kick wich was almost certainly at a crossing angle from the goal, but he suprized everyone and went for the near post , the keeper had no chance, what a ledgend.

Keegan Parkers free kick in freindly against boro this summer.

Chris taylors set piece free kick against millwall begining of last season , you could just here the moans when the crowd saw they were trying somthing diffrent, needless to say the soon turned to cheers when he banged it in.

craig davies 96th minute winner gainst tranmoore, best ever feeling at a latics game!

There are many contenders, but that goal on'Celebration Sunday' is the one I believe is the best I've ever seen at BP.

Diego, I thought being, shall we say, one of our more senior fans that your memory would have stretched a little further back than that :wink:

For me, the best ever goal at BP has to be that scored by the late great Sir Bobby Moore in 1974. A flying header about 8 yards out at the Chaddy end. No keeper in the world would have saved it. Fortunately for us, he put it in his own net and we won 1-0.

Cheers,

Harry

Diego, I thought being, shall we say, one of our more senior fans that your memory would have stretched a little further back than that :wink:

For me, the best ever goal at BP has to be that scored by the late great Sir Bobby Moore in 1974. A flying header about 8 yards out at the Chaddy end. No keeper in the world would have saved it. Fortunately for us, he put it in his own net and we won 1-0.

Cheers,

Harry

If you're looking at it like that, Kevin Francis scoring at the Chaddy End was a classic, with him powering the ball in with his head and straining his neck muscles, and then realising they had changed ends at half-time. :laught16:

I still think Griffin's is the best seen during my long keeping of the Faith.

Ronnie blair v manure 1974 super curling strike come back out off the stantion the infamous goal that never was !

Alan groves diving header from 30yds out v hereford in i think 77 still lost 5-2 thanks to keith hicks brace of own goals .

Ian robins free kick v plymouth FA cup 3rd round 77 from virtualy in the dugout .

Gary hoolikin from the touch line at the chaddy end cant remeber who against but earned him the nickname gazhodle .

Nick henry v arsenal what a screamer !

Tricky rickie getting no4 v westham pick that out !

Not sure who against but there was a david eyers free kick wich was almost certainly at a crossing angle from the goal, but he suprized everyone and went for the near post , the keeper had no chance, what a ledgend.Keegan Parkers free kick in freindly against boro this summer.

Chris taylors set piece free kick against millwall begining of last season , you could just here the moans when the crowd saw they were trying somthing diffrent, needless to say the soon turned to cheers when he banged it in.

craig davies 96th minute winner gainst tranmoore, best ever feeling at a latics game!

That's the one for me too. Against Plymouth when they were top of the league IIRC. Bent it round the other side of the wall and inside the post from about 30 yards. What a strike. He ran towards us in the Lookers and there was a picture of it the Chron which showed me going sick!!!

That picture is now in a frame on my wall!!

At least I think it was that game!

Scarborough in the cup, Bunn scores six and is outdone by Ritchie hitting a half volley on the turn from 25 yards

That's not my recollection of Ritchie's goal.

Wasn't it on the full 'volley' (the ball had already bounced but was sat up) from about 22 yards with him facing the Rochdale Road end and the ball dipping over their 'keeper?

I recall David Beharal scoring a magnificent induvidual goal against either Huddersfield or Wigan. I can't remember which. One of his first games for us, and he glided from a midfield position round about 3 players and rolling the ball past the onrushing keeper.

And then he went :censored:.

I recall David Beharal scoring a magnificent induvidual goal against either Huddersfield or Wigan. I can't remember which. One of his first games for us, and he glided from a midfield position round about 3 players and rolling the ball past the onrushing keeper.

And then he went :censored:.

He did beat a few players, but if I remember right the shot took about 3 deflections before going in. Still a decent goal though.

also simon charlton V gillingham even though it was a bit of a fluke

Eyres v Tranmere in the LDVs....45 yards out and it cleared their defender on the line. Was a peach.

Lost forever. No one has footage of it.

those were my two both great strikes/flukes. didnt charlton say after the game that someone was running at him so he just hit it forward?