Barry Owen on Attendances

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quite interesting how low heroin's rank is when it is often considered to be highly addictive. Could this possibly be down to the measurements of each drug used in the study? ie. if you took the common dosage of nicotine and then compared it gram for gram with heroin this may result in using far less heroin than would normally be used in a typical dose for that particular drug.

Rudemedic care to enlighten, how accurate is this?

i firmly believe until all the doo gooders who decided to tamper with our stadiums and our game in general,put their bollock right and put it back as it was,then its just gonna get worse and worse..

the bottom 2 divisions will inevitably become non proffesional....theres more and more clubs going into administration now than ever before...salary caps will have to come in...

prime example of the decline,,,,celtic played rapid vienna last week....the long awaited re match from 25 years ago..

absolute hatred to this club vienna by the celtic fans,,,18000 empty seats,,,man utd playing wolfsburg...empty seats all around the ,,,full every game old trafford....

its not just a latics thing this is it,,,its football in general and it needs putting back as it was...

It was here actually:

http://www.drugrehabtreatment.com/most-addictive-drugs.html

I did mean to post the link - it was something I remember being gobsmacked by a few years ago.

Jeez - and here's me trying to guide the thread away from smoking :grin:

I suspect it might be the same source/study though.

It surprises me, as I've been able to give up tabs, but remain a raving alcyholicist*.

*On Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays (twice).

We're not going to entice people to attend through ' a pleasant matchday experience ' whilst boundary park is basically the pits. Full of nostalgia...yes, but a dump nontheless.

It's what is going on out on the pitch that is our only hope until we get ' little nou camp ' and so the owners need to speculate to accumalate, probably not going to happen but the only way to increase attendances imo.

:lol:

Don't believe everything you read / are told :)

To be fair, it must be one of the easiest things to measure:

How many tabs have people smoked a day?

How old were they when they died?

You can do it on a hugely large scale where other factors start to not matter (diet, inability to look both ways at a roadside, lying, etc.)

Edited by OldhamSheridan

People enjoy smoking...

I enjoy

• drinking
  • red meat
  • fatty foods

Life is not just about doing healthy boring things :) and how much longer do you think not smoking would give someone ? My granddad smoked every day and died when he was 80.... I know very healthy people who have died earlier...

I don't just do 'healthy things', just smoking above all others stands out to me as probably the most ridiculous. Fatty foods aren't necessarily bad for you either. My grandad smoked his whole life as well and lived until he was 78 but I won't take that as clear evidence that smoking doesn't reduce your life expectancy.

To be fair, it must be one of the easiest things to measure:

How many tabs have people smoked a day?

How old were they when they died?

You can do it on a hugely large scale where other factors start to not matter (diet, inability to look both wqays at a roadside, etc.)

Very scientific :) not :D

I don't just do 'healthy things', just smoking above all others stands out to me as probably the most ridiculous. Fatty foods aren't necessarily bad for you either. My grandad smoked his whole life as well and lived until he was 78 but I won't take that as clear evidence that smoking doesn't reduce your life expectancy.

Surely when you apply a bit of thought though its not all ridiculous considering how much consideration the average person gives to there health in reality. I reckon most people here drink too much, eat red meats etc etc :)

Yet we feel we can attack the smokers :lol:

Surely when you apply a bit of thought though its not all ridiculous considering how much consideration the average person gives to there health in reality. I reckon most people here drink too much, eat red meats etc etc :)

Yet we feel we can attack the smokers :lol:

Not really the same thing is it though?

Not really the same thing is it though?

It is when you realise just how much damage drinking does to your body...

Smoking and drinking are very similar. Short term little effect...long term they have a big effect...

Red meats are thought to give you cancer...

Very scientific :) not :D

So working out how much people smoke. Then how long people live. On a mass scale, even taking into account the diet, socioeconomic background, alcohol consumption, etc is not scientific.

I think you may be wrong on that count. In fact I know you are (within a certain likelihood as I've done the studies).

(I'm still not saying the 5 minutes :censored: was correct though as it was something teachers put about at school, but it certainly isn't hard to calculate within a reasonable significance - say 99.9%)

The whole knowledge of the effects of smoking have been around for quite a while though.

Actually the first person to suggest that smoking was bad for you was laughed out of the room by a bunch of smoking doctors. The date 1946- smoking being bad for you only became common knowledge around the 60s

It is when you realise just how much damage drinking does to your body...

Smoking and drinking are very similar. Short term little effect...long term they have a big effect...

Red meats are thought to give you cancer...

Drinking is something it's quite easy to do in moderation though I would say, so it is unlikely there are as many deaths or severe illnesses as a result of drinking as opposed to smoking.

I've heard that red meat isn't good for you, and it probably isn't because it tastes so damn good, but it's nothing like on the same level as smoking.

So working out how much people smoke. Then how long people live. On a mass scale, even taking into account the diet, socioeconomic background, alcohol consumption, etc is not scientific.

I think you may be wrong on that count. In fact I know you are (within a certain likelihood as I've done the studies).

(I'm still not saying the 5 minutes :censored: was correct though as it was something teachers put about at school, but it certainly isn't hard to calculate within a reasonable significance - say 99.9%)

Is it me or did you just add some extra things in there...:)

Drinking is something it's quite easy to do in moderation though I would say, so it is unlikely there are as many deaths or severe illnesses as a result of drinking as opposed to smoking.

I've heard that red meat isn't good for you, and it probably isn't because it tastes so damn good, but it's nothing like on the same level as smoking.

??? :shock:

Sorry fella but you are totally wrong. Scarily wrong :)

By the way read this

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/156...cer-causes.html

Not especially. The only bit was taking lesser things into account (diet, booze, deprivation, etc), which I would have taken for read that you'd do really. Fair enough, if you wouldn't.

I would say the other factors where majors additions to your point :)

Anyway, moving on :)