Barry Owen on Attendances

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't even know who wardlelatic is, so why he would make statements as to how I feel or how club decisions are made is beyond me.

Scary as to how little a senior member of the trust knows about the club.

Thank you to all those who have made their points. Some very valid comments.

One would assume that it was on the basis of feedback from Barry, would one not?

I don't even know who wardlelatic is, so why he would make statements as to how I feel or how club decisions are made is beyond me.

Scary as to how little a senior member of the trust knows about the club.

Thank you to all those who have made their points. Some very valid comments.

Because Wardlelatic is being briefed, or not as the case may be, by the Trust Director? And in any road, I think it's bloody scary as to how little a senior member of the trust knows about the club. Perhaps there should be better communication, or is it all lies again that's being fed down from the top. I'm sick of it.

STOP WASTING OUR CLUB AWAY. CHANGE IS NEEDED - NOW.

Just want to ask a question. Where was this 'family day' thingymybob advertised? I went to buy mine and my youngun's tickets on the Thursday before Yeovil and paid £26 for the two. There was no mention that I could have got it cheaper as there was a family offer on.

Edited by F.O.B.

Because Wardlelatic is being briefed, or not as the case may be, by the Trust Director? And in any road, I think it's bloody scary as to how little a senior member of the trust knows about the club. Perhaps there should be better communication, or is it all lies again that's being fed down from the top. I'm sick of it.

100% right. its probably more a case of "what they NEED to know".

like the fact only barry was privvy to the stadium plans at failsworth far longer than the other trust members, who only started hearing things when everyone else on here did.

cloak and dagger stuff...and i bet thats only one example.

this bit needs to be shouted from the rooftops NOW....cause its happening in front of our eyes..

Just want to ask a question. Where was this 'family day' thingymybob advertised? I went to buy mine and my youngun's tickets on the Thursday before Yeovil and paid £26 for the two. There was no mention that I could have got it cheaper as there was a family offer on.

from i heard (not read from any advertisements) it was only in the match programme...so if you didn't get one ,or your mate didn't, it was pretty much a useless exercise....pretty much another one.

massive "FAIL" yet again, latics.

Totally agree Rummy. The club needs to ask for ideas what will bring people back in not ignore everyone's veiws.

Better communication needed!

You don't know how lucky most of you are being based in England, I have supported Oldham for over 20 years and live in Northern Ireland. If I could afford it I would be over every week, it costs me on average £150 per game, including flights, car hire, tickets and something bought from the club shop.

I get over to approx 6-8 games a year, no matter how piss poor the team are playing I would jump at the chance to be there.

5000+ posts on an internet fan forum and you don't go anymore....you only have to go into the chat room for an average home game to realise that half of this forum is sat at home in front of their computer rather than going to the game. Maybe that's the problem, people think it's easier just to sit in front a computer and become a cyber armchair fan. Man United fans have shown us the way and we're now all following.

Excellent post, very true.

I've not read this entire thread, but why don't these people just quit smoking, somebody please enlighten me what the benefits of smoking are? Before someone says "well maybe they don't want to quit", that automatically makes them a total moron. You're paying money to shorten your life and reduce the quality of it on the whole, why would you not want to quit?

yeah and why do people have a glass of wine after work, and why do people continue to eat fast food and ready meals?

morons, shortening their lives dont they know.

Can't say I'm especially with you on this one, as I see nothing better than TTA.

Then again, I've never thought the Trust can do anything in the big scheme of things. It's sixpence in the great train robbery haul.

I just fail to see what TTA have done wrong (other than bad managerial decisions, which again hold little relevance really).

Well done Rummy. took your advice last night and have only just seens this. Mortified that everyone had seemed to ignore Simon Blitz post - thanks for having the bollocks to challenge it.

Oh...and what you said (as I've been saying all summer) Glad to see that others are beginning to see the light...

STOP WASTING OUR CLUB AWAY. CHANGE IS NEEDED - NOW. ) Or at least a change of attitude towards marketing the club...

Edited by oafcprozac

Can't say I'm especially with you on this one, as I see nothing better than TTA.

Then again, I've never thought the Trust can do anything in the big scheme of things. It's sixpence in the great train robbery haul.

I just fail to see what TTA have done wrong (other than bad managerial decisions, which again hold little relevance really).

OPEN YOUR EYES!

marketing in the club?

dismantling of BP before any real plans of a new stadium are 100% finalised?

the way BP has been left to rot and rust ,whist we still have to pay £20 for that privilege?

the steamrolling way the failsworth project is being forced upon latics fans-like it or lump it?

Due to the bad managerial decisions this club has failed to make any progress where it matters most.....On the pitch!!!

We must have spent a fortune on failed appointments, paying off former managers etc.etc.etc....If the owners had gone for broke and spent a few bob on the playing side early in their tenure we might have been in the championship now where practically all of these problems would have been largely irrelevant!!!

I've been preaching the latics gospel for years in the pub and at work and trying to persuade people to watch us and every time they are tempted I have to endure comments like.....How the hell do you go and watch that crap every week.....£20 for that , you must want your head feeling!!!

The reason we are in this mess is solely down to the product on the pitch....Nobody really bothers about facilities and the like when the team are doing well. A new shiny ground in Failsworth will be no good whatsoever if the standard of football doesn't improve!!

Get the product right on the pitch and everything will look after itself!!!

OPEN YOUR EYES!

marketing in the club?

dismantling of BP before any real plans of a new stadium are 100% finalised?

the way BP has been left to rot and rust ,whist we still have to pay £20 for that privilege?

the steamrolling way the failsworth project is being forced upon latics fans-like it or lump it?

The marketing is :censored:. It should be improved. I see little will to do this from TTA. I see little way of changing this.

They knocked down the Lookers as it was losing piles of money. We don't fill even half the current ground. The finalisation of the next ground is irrelevant to this.

If Failsworth is being steamrollered then the demolition of BP is irrelevant.

I have no problems with the move.

COME UP WITH A BETTER OPTION.