Who would you follow....

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd probably watch Durham City a bit (or the likes of Gateshead). I might be tempted to go to Darlo or Monkey town. I'd also be tempted to watch the Falcons or some of the teams my mates play rugby for. But's that's all because I'm currently living in Durham. If I move the situation will no doubt change- I will always want to watch football on a Saturday but if Oldham go I won't put the effort in I do at the moment.

Could never support another pro club - may follow their results, but couldn't call myself a fan, Tics is in the blood. So failing that, would continue to put some back into amateur football in Oldham.

I feel the same, at least 30 years actively following Latics through my formative years to adulthood You cannot replicate that even though you regress as you get older!

I'd go an see Tonbridge angels more, instead of listens to Latics World(Latics PLayer still does not wound right!) like you I'd never support a pro club like I do Latics but I'd take in a Charlton game or two.

But give the age of my son, I'd probalby spent most of my time with my truly local village club who are begging to build up to a basic standard.

Edited by singe

would probably go to all the local clubs and see which one. I liked the most.

Probably Durham City, but would look around for a local club with a good clubhouse. It would be about the booze then. Well, it is now, but that's not the point.

I guess, like Oldham, it would depend who my mates watched at that point in time.

Would have to be someone at least an hour away. Not any neighbour.,.... Liverpool, Everton..... even Villa?

i doubt i would follow any other team if oldham ceased to exist...probably watch a lot more greedy league games on tv n that

but like has been said,some form of a team would rise again maybe like fc united started,so id probably follow them.

Probably Durham City, but would look around for a local club with a good clubhouse. It would be about the booze then. Well, it is now, but that's not the point.

I guess, like Oldham, it would depend who my mates watched at that point in time.

Mmm, there's the word I see in our respective future when I look inside my crystal ball- Its coming to me now- club crawl. :drinking::drinking45::drinking:

Having said that (and I know you have more of a dislike to those monkey hanging folk than me) but Hartlepool's equivalent of the Clayton Arms wasn't bad- served proper ale from the local brewery (not sure of the cider choices though)

Mmm, there's the word I see in our respective future when I look inside my crystal ball- Its coming to me now- club crawl. :drinking::drinking45::drinking:

Having said that (and I know you have more of a dislike to those monkey hanging folk than me) but Hartlepool's equivalent of the Clayton Arms wasn't bad- served proper ale from the local brewery (not sure of the cider choices though)

Their cider choice is nothing (well, it was when I went in there a few years ago).

If I could find a quick and easy way to High Heseldon, then Pools would win hands down. But, that is nigh on impossible.

I don't mind Pools, it's just important we don't get lynched by them as the piss gets taken. I'd go there before any other league team up here.

Suppose I would make my life a lot easier and watch the Gas, have been there three times this season anyway!

However, as most on this board know, I have certain affiation to both t'udders and man yoo, so I'd prob watch a fair bit of them.

Would prob make the trip up to Celtic park a few times a seaon too.

(essentially I'd prob become a football whore... Couldt survive without watching live footie of some sort)