Just Got Back

And got warmth back.

Terrible conditions especially in first half. For the first 30 mins possession and territory was very much ours though we created little threat. Then Smalley failed to challenge for a ball out wide in our half, it was played forward to the Pool winger who skineed Lee on the touchline and knocked it across. 1-0. A few mins later Lee was slow getting to a ball, the home player nipped in and 2 0. He's not a fullback.

Second half we looked hesitant and Penney should have made changes earlier. The last 15/20 mins we ran them ragged. Had a good penalty shout turned down for a free kick outside the box. Good close header by abbot, Taylor missed a good headeed oportunity, Blackman hit the keeper instead of the net, the ball was hacked off the line etc etc.

When the subs came on we got going. We have missed Abbot and Taylor so much.

Liked performances of Jacobson, Goodwin, Gregan . Lee when he got forward.

Disappointed with Smalley.

Edited by LaticsPete

And got warmth back.

Terrible conditions especially in first half. For the first 30 mins possession and territory was very much ours though we created little threat. Then Smalley failed to challenge for a ball out wide in our half, it was played forward to the Pool winger who skineed Lee on the touchline and knocked it across. 1-0. A few mins later Lee was slow getting to a ball, the home player nipped in and 2 0. He's not a fullback.

Second half we looked hesitant and Penney should have made changes earlier. The last 15/20 mins we ran them ragged. Had a good penalty shout turned down for a free kick outside the box. Good close header by abbot, Taylor missed a good headeed oportunity, Blackman hit the keeper instead of the night, the ball was hacked off the line etc etc.

How was the beast ?

And got warmth back.

Second half we looked hesitant and Penney should have made changes earlier. The last 15/20 mins we ran them ragged. Had a good penalty shout turned down for a free kick outside the box. Good close header by abbot, Taylor missed a good headeed oportunity, Blackman hit the keeper instead of the net, the ball was hacked off the line etc etc.

Kieran Lee was playing the full back role?

Yup.

Btw; About 170 Latics there apparently out of 2600 crowd

thanks for the report,id rather go off people who actually went rather than those that didnt and just post we are bad just because we got beat 2-1...

half those praying for a new manager or team probably didnt get much further than the fridge for a beer today!!!

Kieran Lee was playing the full back role?

...and it was clearly not very good for him.

I would put the blame on Gregan's crap header for the second, but maybe a proper fullback would have been better positioned.

The first he was clearly at fault.

Not sure if there were any options remaining, in what to me was a very makeshift side.

...and it was clearly not very good for him.

I would put the blame on Gregan's crap header for the second, but maybe a proper fullback would have been better positioned.

The first he was clearly at fault.

Not sure if there were any options remaining, in what to me was a very makeshift side.

So serious lack of marking in front of goal was Lee fault for the first?

The second Greegs gets away with his tenbob headers, but not today.

thanks for the report,id rather go off people who actually went rather than those that didnt and just post we are bad just because we got beat 2-1...

half those praying for a new manager or team probably didnt get much further than the fridge for a beer today!!!

+ 1

Yes was preparing to go today but weather put us off...boo hoo...have just tackled the fridge only now though.... :grin:

It seemed that Lee getting turned on the byline dragged defenders towards the near post - understandably. But the goal started when Smalley didn't win the ball about 40 yards upfield. Defend from the front!

Edited by LaticsPete

Lee threw himself into a tackle for the first.

Missed.

Their bloke has simple task of knocking it to one of the Pools players that have managed to amble to the back post.

It seemed that Lee getting turned on the byline dragged defenders towards the near post - understandably. But the goal started when Smalley didn't win the ball about 40 yards upfield. Defend from the front!

Might have started there, but it should also have pretty much ended there (or at worst a corner later on).

Ha ha.

By the way, our game was being watched by Paul Merson (and Jeff) on Soccer Saturday on SS1 today....Merson reckons we'll start scoring goals now Abbot is back and thinks we will start rising the table. He thinks we are far too good to go down....what does everyone think ? Has Mers ''fallen off the wagon'' over Xmas ? Or is he right ?

By the way, our game was being watched by Paul Merson (and Jeff) on Soccer Saturday on SS1 today....Merson reckons we'll start scoring goals now Abbot is back and thinks we will start rising the table. He thinks we are far too good to go down....what does everyone think ? Has Mers ''fallen off the wagon'' over Xmas ? Or is he right ?

He's right.

We were good (without looking like scoring) until they scored. Then we were rubbish. Then when the subs started being made we played really well.

Stephens delivers a decent dead ball and if Pav's urgency spreads throughout the team we'll be okay.

Mid-table with potential to develop.

We'll never score goals with Smalley up top though.

Edited by opinions4u

He's right.

We were good (without looking like scoring) until they scored. Then we were rubbish. Then when the subs started being made we played really well.

Stephens delivers a decent dead ball and if Pav's urgency spreads throughout the team we'll be okay.

Mid-table with potential to develop.

We'll never score goals with Smalley up top though.

Agreed, just got back a bit a go, how did the ball not end up in the net in the dying minutes???? I feel up until there first goal it was slightly in our favour (bearing in mind it wasnt a particularly good game anyway) they scored and we went crap. Up until we started making subs did we start to go at them again and make decent chances. If we play the vast majority of the remainder of the season with the team that finished today, with one or two more who didnt play today for whatever reasons, we should be fine. However if we have an injury crisis like we have done for the past few weeks then God help us......

Edited by Oafc88

I thought the majority of the time we were woeful until their lad got sent off. We were nice and pretty when we had the ball around the halfway line but we just didn't look like we had a hope of breaking them down. Lee f***** up for both goals he dived in for the 1st when all he had to do was stay on his feet and was slow to react for the 2nd as was Brill.

The 2 wingers were terrible today they seemed to go hiding and were not looking for the ball. In fairness I think both of them are way out of their depth at this level but it is so easy to stop a team when they have no width. Its a shame that the manager keeps on playing the only fit winger we have up front who is being wasted up there.

Not sure what Penney was doing with the subs I'm not sure he even did to be honest, Bringing on Blackman for Brooke, then Taylor for Smalley 2 mins later followed by Abbott for Colbeck. I dont think one of them had a clue what posistion they were supposed to be playing with Taylor starting up front only to move to the right a few minutes later then swapping with Blackman who is never a winger in a million years and then he finally ended up on the left.

Positives today was the continued good form of Stephens who looks like he is going to be a great player the new cb looks decent enough and also i was suprised by the sharpness of both Taylor and Abbott after so long on the sidelines. Goodwin looked ok but i fail to see the desperate need for him as we have both Furman and :censored: who are as good if not better than him and we lack so much up top.

Finally, I have to say I think we will just do enough to stay up but am not impressed at all by the manager. Fair enough he has had injuries but he really does not help himself with his decisions like only having 2 centrebacks at the club. surely de didnt expect the two to stay injury free all season and avoid suspension. Or by his continued negative tactics, yes we have missed out two best attacking players untill today but that doesn't mean we have to be so defensive all the time. I lost faith in him a couple of weeks ago at Wycombe, but untill they went down to ten today it was the same cr@p we have had to endure all season apart from the odd game, and we can't keep on relying on opposistion players to get themselves stupidly sent off before we start playing some decent tempo attacking football.

And all this against yet another poor team.

Total respect to those who went, but to be honest on current form I don't think I'd have bothered if they'd been playing in my back garden.

first game in a while for me today and fancied a few beers and a good shout for the blues but left so pissed off was untrue. Game was there for the taking and with sending off we should and could have nailed it but wasnt to be. In past seaons we would have filled the away end no probs but today was barely noticable. Why so ?? - coz of the negative mind-nunbing tactics our manager chooses to deploy !!.

FFS TTA and get rid of this moron before you have no club left to bring to failsworth where no one wants to be !!

More pissed off than ever have ben in 40+ years.

Thanks DP for destroying our club ..... now f*** off !