O' Grady hat trick

You have to blame Sheridan as well for buying him and then not playing him. In fact it's more Sheridan's fault than Penney's.

Did you complain when O'Grady was loaned out to Dale? Did you complain in the first month where he didn't score for them?

No, like everyone else on here it's when he started scoring regularly for Dale, you cried "O'GRADY! SHOULD HAVE NEVER BEEN LOANED OUT! PENNEY'S CLUELESS! WHY DID WE LOAN HIM OUT HE'S OUR SAVIOUR! HE'S ANDY RITCHIE's, FRANKIE BUNN's AND ROGER PALMER'S GENETICALLY PRODUCED OFFSPAWN!".

Now, if it's a case then of "We should have never sold him!" that too is hardly Penney's fault. I'm sure on the playing side Penney would have liked our 12 goal striker back, but consider this, he was out of contract at the end of the season and would have walked for nothing. There was no way on this earth he was ever going to pen a new deal with us, after the way he had been treated. Why would he risk signing a new contract with us only to be loaned out numerous more times in the future? He was happy at Dale, he was scoring for Dale, he didn't want to come back, we didn't want to lose out on a fee and we sold him for a decent fee (considering what we paid), which was probably more TTA's decision than Penney's.

You have to blame Sheridan as well for buying him and then not playing him. In fact it's more Sheridan's fault than Penney's.

Did you complain when O'Grady was loaned out to Dale? Did you complain in the first month where he didn't score for them?

No, like everyone else on here it's when he started scoring regularly for Dale, you cried "O'GRADY! SHOULD HAVE NEVER BEEN LOANED OUT! PENNEY'S CLUELESS! WHY DID WE LOAN HIM OUT HE'S OUR SAVIOUR! HE'S ANDY RITCHIE's, FRANKIE BUNN's AND ROGER PALMER'S GENETICALLY PRODUCED OFFSPAWN!".

Now, if it's a case then of "We should have never sold him!" that too is hardly Penney's fault. I'm sure on the playing side Penney would have liked our 12 goal striker back, but consider this, he was out of contract at the end of the season and would have walked for nothing. There was no way on this earth he was ever going to pen a new deal with us, after the way he had been treated. Why would he risk signing a new contract with us only to be loaned out numerous more times in the future? He was happy at Dale, he was scoring for Dale, he didn't want to come back, we didn't want to lose out on a fee and we sold him for a decent fee (considering what we paid), which was probably more TTA's decision than Penney's.

Yes, I did complain when he went out on loan, I explained his style of play from the day he was signed and how he offered something different to a team

Succesive managers never gave him a proper chance, preferring airy fairy championship loanees and square pegs in round holes.

Edited by BP1960

Never did anything whilst playing for us. Looked out of his depth in this division. Hell, he looked out of his depth for a couple of teams in the division below by all accounts. Surprised we got what we did for him.

Are we going to repeat this process every time he/Craig Davies/Steve Whitehall scores in the Fourth Division? It seems a little pointless.

Edited by OldhamSheridan

That's a load of :censored:.

It's got sod all to do with Shez. New regime; new start. What happened under any previous manager is irrelevant.

I didn't complain when he went out on loan. I did think he deserved a chance at Latics but was happy to see if he could find some form down the road.

He's bang in form, turning in great team performances and scoring freely, and we can't score for toffee. Selling him is one of the most bewildering decisions in all the time I've been watching Latics.

Never did anything whilst playing for us. Looked out of his depth in this division. Hell, he looked out of his depth for a couple of teams in the division below by all accounts. Surprised we got what we did for him.

Are we going to repeat this point every time he/Craig Davies/Steve Whitehall scores in the Fourth Division? It seems a little pointless.

Sorry I disagree, he wasn't played to his strengths by any manager here and some elsewhere, young centre forwards can mature late as they learn their craft by experience in the most difficult of positions.

Craig Davies and Steve Whitehall were not battering rams so he cannot be compared in any way to them.

Sorry I disagree, he wasn't played to his strengths by any manager here and some elsewhere, young centre forwards can mature late as they learn their craft by experience in the most difficult of positions.

Craig Davies and Steve Whitehall were not battering rams so he cannot be compared in any way to them.

So he comes back and it's either him or Abbott up front as the target man. I know which both I and Penney would pick there. So he is then sat on the bench until Abbott gets injured again (alright that'll probably happen) fuming away thinking that he can't wait to get out of this club that is doing a pretty good job of ruining his career.

That's before you consider the point that he is doing his 'stuff' in the Fourth Division (hence why i brought up the other players as they get dragged up every time they score - okay, maybe I was being a little flippant with Whitehall). There's no particular reason why he should suddenly be able to do it with us with a completely different style of play to Dale.

End result, he'd probably get about ten minutes a game, we'd have another wage on the bill and he'd be off in the summer for nowt. If we were lucky he might knock in a couple of consolation goals.

So he comes back and it's either him or Abbott up front as the target man. I know which both I and Penney would pick there. So he is then sat on the bench until Abbott gets injured again (alright that'll probably happen) fuming away thinking that he can't wait to get out of this club that is doing a pretty good job of ruining his career.

That's before you consider the point that he is doing his 'stuff' in the Fourth Division (hence why i brought up the other players as they get dragged up every time they score - okay, maybe I was being a little flippant with Whitehall). There's no particular reason why he should suddenly be able to do it with us with a completely different style of play to Dale.

End result, he'd probably get about ten minutes a game, we'd have another wage on the bill and he'd be off in the summer for nowt. If we were lucky he might knock in a couple of consolation goals.

We must agree to disagree, it's down to the manager to bring out the best in a player, and it will be ironic if O'Grady scores goals in a higher division than Latics next season, or indeed if he is transferred for a bigger fee to a Championship club as is possible.

Edited by BP1960

We must agree to disagree, it's down to the manager to bring out the best in a player, and it will be ironic if O'Grady scores goals in a higher division than Latics next season, or indeed if he is transferred for a bigger fee to a Championship club as is possible.

Only one manager out of five has got anything out of him in the past year and half (including the man who is our future saviour, Jim Gannon), says more about him than it does the manager(s)

Only one manager out of five has got anything out of him in the past year and half (including the man who is our future saviour, Jim Gannon), says more about him than it does the manager(s)

Or it says more about Keith Hill and Dave Flitcroft!

O'Grady is, for me, the most complete centre forward we've had at Dale. And remember we've had Holt, Lambert and Murray go for decent money in the last few years.

Ogrady wouldn't have wanted to come back here and what good would have been if we forced him? just another player who wouldn't interested.

There was only one thing happening there and I'd have done the same.

O'Grady is, for me, the most complete centre forward we've had at Dale. And remember we've had Holt, Lambert and Murray go for decent money in the last few years.

when will people realise that ogrady was never going to come back and get us the goals. we have the same player in abbott only better. we got a fee for him so stop moaning. the reason hes scoring for fun at dale is becuase they are playing attcking, attractive football. we arent.

good luck to him and to dale. at the moment he's got more chance of league one football next year than we have

Your faith in managers is admirable.

Steve Taylor.

o grady gone,blackman gone, heff gone,who do we bring in up front two replace them no 1,try parker(:censored:e)then lets try super smalley(utter :censored:e) then taylor,then back to parker for ffs we hav had enough,get two new strikers or say hello to accrinton stanley, which at least i could get a free ticket at stanley because i work with luke joyces dad who is ther main midfielder......taxi for penney

Edited by Markoasis

Yet another stupid decision IMO. Just like the decision to loan Hughes out when we still had a shot at playoffs.

COG will get promoted with Rochdale.

He will score goals in this league next year.

He will score against Latics if we are still in this league next year

I thought the point of loaning players out was to get them games and hopefully make them better. This was the case with COG. Obviously our club has another agenda and simply loans players out in order to lower the wage bill. As has been said above COG has turned into a complete striker. He was never given a chance. Rochdale may play a system that suits COG. No reason why we could have changed our system. It's not as if ours is working!!

I was considering puttng a fiver on him getting a hattrick yesterday. Gutted now!!!!!!

I have to agree, letting COG slip away is one of the most ridiculous decisions the club has made and another one that will be the final nail in ou coffin. Sometimes, based on daft decisions like this, I really think we deserve to go out of business. I'm beginning to wonder if it's actually the big plan!

I was considering puttng a fiver on him getting a hattrick yesterday. Gutted now!!!!!!

I have to agree, letting COG slip away is one of the most ridiculous decisions the club has made and another one that will be the final nail in ou coffin. Sometimes, based on daft decisions like this, I really think we deserve to go out of business. I'm beginning to wonder if it's actually the big plan!

The big plan for us to go out of business starts with the sale of a 24 year old out of contract player enjoying a purple patch?

Right....