If it wasn't for Dean Brill

We could be below Stockport, this lad is keeping the us within a chance of staying up at the moment and this season.

Been in Net - 18 Matches

Clean Sheets - 7 Matches

Goals Conceded - 17 Goals

Averaging less than a goal a game!

What a record for a club in the bottom four. Huddersfield conceded 1 more than us in the top 6, there keeper has only 8 clean sheets in 25 matches.

Oldham legend.

Edited by Blue_Pizza

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We could be below Stockport, this lad is keeping the us within a chance of staying up at the moment and this season.

Been in Net - 18 Matches

Clean Sheets - 7 Matches

Goals Conceded - 17 Goals

Averaging less than a goal a game!

What a record for a club in the bottom four. Huddersfield conceded 1 more than us in the top 6, there keeper has only 8 clean sheets in 25 matches.

Oldham legend.

These are very impressive stats, especially considering all the stick he was getting earlier on in the season.

• 2 months later...

Far be it for me to agree with the 'special' one, but on this he does have a point.

Brill's failings are there for all to see - but in the context of this season, playing in a bottom six side, to have conceded less than one a game is a fair achievement.

Far be it for me to agree with the 'special' one, but on this he does have a point.

Brill's failings are there for all to see - but in the context of this season, playing in a bottom six side, to have conceded less than one a game is a fair achievement.

but he has got the best defender in the league helping him...agree with the comments though he has proved the boo boys wrong...TIME FOR MR PENNY TO FOLLOW SUIT :grin: :grin: :grin:

that last diving he save he made was unbelieveable, I was certain that was in. Not many keepers would have got that. Maybe it looked better from where i was sittin in the chaddy but it was a good save alright

Right in front of me, awkward bounce but he did well to smother it at the second attempt. He had already made a good save a bit earlier too, one for the cameras but he beat the ball away. Well deserved clean sheet for him too.

that last diving he save he made was unbelieveable, I was certain that was in. Not many keepers would have got that. Maybe it looked better from where i was sittin in the chaddy but it was a good save alright

I know it was a good save as I was in the RRE and it made up for the howler he let in in a similar scenario a few weeks ago when it squimed underneath him, same end put opposite side.ouch.

But as I 5yr old nephew said when Flav let that scorcher in the other week..."Dean Brill would have saved that as he's taller...". Out of the mouth of babes eh. :lol:

Keep going Deano.

Brill has dropped some howlers for sure but the one area where he has really contributed, and it's a massively under rated part of the goalkeeping art, is organising those in front of him. He's very vocal and the defence looks much better organised when he plays hence the stats. If he could cut out the howlers and line up a wall he'd be a very decent keeper.