Ackey has left latics?.

on a totally selfish note........i would love to think that he`s give em what`s for on behalf of us lot regarding the mess we`re in, and that it just may begin to turn the tide from within.

but more importantly......hope he`s ok whatever the reason is.

+1

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

tut, well i dont know the details just hope that it was something ackey wanted to do rather than was forced to do,

was a good replacement for stu and was always up front and helpful whenever fans enquired about anything

Maybe they thought he was to helpful and upfront with the fans

on a totally selfish note........i would love to think that he`s give em what`s for on behalf of us lot regarding the mess we`re in, and that it just may begin to turn the tide from within.

but more importantly......hope he`s ok whatever the reason is.

+2 all the best regardless of why hope it was your choice web monkey

Why would being a mod be offensive :blink:

I do post a lot... Concerned fan with a lot to say... I doubt people see me as a farther figure...more of a mini corp so I hear :D

You on the other hand, in your very little time here, seem to be look for something...

Didn't understand some of that. Are you trying to baffle me?

maybe his 6 month trial period ended, he decided he wanted to take a different career path, Ackey and Latics part company with a handshake

or is that too simple? has there got to be something more sinister? i think not! :petesake:

maybe his 6 month trial period ended, he decided he wanted to take a different career path, Ackey and Latics part company with a handshake

or is that too simple? has there got to be something more sinister? i think not! :petesake:

course there has its Latics!

That might be the case, but if it is I'd love to find out which brainless moron worded the official site statement.

He tried to leave INSANE.

The matter is taken care of.

Ssh! What goes on in INSANE stays in INSANE- you should know that. Or am I going to have to spike your next cider? :grin:

Seriously though- seems slightly underhanded that a football club should essentially announce a member of back room staff who has no connection with the performances on the pitch is no longer at the club in such a public manner. It would be like the club saying so and so from the ticket office has been let go, or such and such a steward has been let go. Something funny may have gone on, but having your hard work criticsed at every turn by strangers probably didn't help and then having your leaving employment announced publically can't have been fun. Hopefully for Ackey's sake he can find some other form of employment.

The O.S. Statement is very abrupt. The Club hasn't even thanked him for his efforts.Read into that whatever...........

That is very unusual, as even when clubs/companies part with managers/staff it's usually said, even if it is only a token jesture and not really meant.

Reading between the lines, I think that things have not been that cordial in the split between the two parties

Ssh! What goes on in INSANE stays in INSANE- you should know that. Or am I going to have to spike your next cider? :grin:

Seriously though- seems slightly underhanded that a football club should essentially announce a member of back room staff who has no connection with the performances on the pitch is no longer at the club in such a public manner. It would be like the club saying so and so from the ticket office has been let go, or such and such a steward has been let go. Something funny may have gone on, but having your hard work criticsed at every turn by strangers probably didn't help and then having your leaving employment announced publically can't have been fun. Hopefully for Ackey's sake he can find some other form of employment.

True, though they might have mentioned it as he was fairly well known webmaster i.e. through his contributions on here and his interactions with any fans on here who had a problem with the OS. Also covers them when others at the club start to update the website, possibly bringing the quality of writing down and thus drawing criticism from fans. It id probably draw questions on once it was discovered that he'd left, why wernt we informed in the first place.

Agree about it not being a nice way to lose his job and to air it publically, but wasnt it a mutual consent thing? (i remember reading the article before and i think thats what it said, memory is going lol) didnt we do the same thing with the previous webmaster too?

EDIT: just re-read the article and it does say it was mutual consent, but i got to agree with others here, bad form on the clubs part not to wish him on his way, sets the tone of the article as if was a bad parting. Hope he's alright.

Edited by Oafc88

True, though they might have mentioned it as he was fairly well known webmaster i.e. through his contributions on here and his interactions with any fans on here who had a problem with the OS. Also covers them when others at the club start to update the website, possibly bringing the quality of writing down and thus drawing criticism from fans. It id probably draw questions on once it was discovered that he'd left, why wernt we informed in the first place.

Agree about it not being a nice way to lose his job and to air it publically, but wasnt it a mutual consent thing? (i remember reading the article before and i think thats what it said, memory is going lol) didnt we do the same thing with the previous webmaster too?

EDIT: just re-read the article and it does say it was mutual consent, but i got to agree with others here, bad form on the clubs part not to wish him on his way, sets the tone of the article as if was a bad parting. Hope he's alright.

the old one got thanked to the hilt if i remember rightly, he quit and went to Sunderland

thinking about it now, i do find it a bit strange how Ackey wasnt thanked for his efforts

Maybe, just maybe, they got rid because his reports and updates were, in general, cack....

I agree with you there are times on here i have mentioned about lack of updates in regard to tickets for away games etc not being posted early enough. Still people leave jobs all the time its part the package hopefully it be down to nothing more than maybe he found a new job and hopefully nothing dodgy or all.

You make some valid points, especially about the updates in the near future, however when has leaving your job by mutual consent ever been all that mutual? I doubt he got a whacking pay-off and really I think the club should have handled it better but this is becoming a common theme isn't it.