Stadium Plans Thread

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Planned into main stand I believe

For how many people Lags, do you know? I want to believe that this will work but cant at the moment. They told us right from the start that a football club doesnt run itself and therefore needs coference facilites and exec boxes, hotels and whatever else and now just seem happy to do the basics? I'm not that trusting of TTA right now!

For how many people Lags, do you know? I want to believe that this will work but cant at the moment. They told us right from the start that a football club doesnt run itself and therefore needs coference facilites and exec boxes, hotels and whatever else and now just seem happy to do the basics? I'm not that trusting of TTA right now!

I appreciate that there's a lot to plough through on here. This might help.

The main stand will include at ground level all the facilities housed in the main stand at BP, plus a Restaurant, Mascots’ Room and a Sports Bar, the latter being open also on non-match days for fans to drink and watch TV sport. At the upper level will be the function suites to raise income.

Also to raise income all year round will be an area of five-a-side pitches and a commercial leisure area.

The facilities in the corners could include a hotel, offices, etc., dependant on the partners who are willing to use those areas. If partners come onboard early the corners could be included in the planning application. If not, there would have to be a separate later planning application for the known uses.

The Lancaster Club (Listed Building) may be used a a pub/restaurant.

IIRC someone else posted that there are 20 exec boxes in the main stand.

I appreciate that there's a lot to plough through on here. This might help.

IIRC someone else posted that there are 20 exec boxes in the main stand.

Cheers Diego, it just doesn't sound anywhere near the investment that was originally planned............. more like a parting shot. Sorry to be synical for those of you who want to believe its the future. I want to believe the same myself!

Cheers Diego, it just doesn't sound anywhere near the investment that was originally planned............. more like a parting shot. Sorry to be synical for those of you who want to believe its the future. I want to believe the same myself!

IF the proposals come to fruition, there are plenty of non-football revenue-producing uses to compensate for insufficient gate receipts. History leads to doubt about the future, but at this stage the intentions have promise.

IF the proposals come to fruition, there are plenty of non-football revenue-producing uses to compensate for insufficient gate receipts. History leads to doubt about the future, but at this stage the intentions have promise.

Fair comment DS. Hope you are right! Only time will tell................

So why haven't they been published ?

They are typical architect's scale drawings of each level of the main stand and the other stands, large enough to cover a table and including great detail in small print. They would be too large to copy for publication in the media or via the OS. There is to be a further consultation soon when no doubt they will be available again, including any modifications resulting from the initial consultation.

They are typical architect's scale drawings of each level of the main stand and the other stands, large enough to cover a table and including great detail in small print. They would be too large to copy for publication in the media or via the OS. There is to be a further consultation soon when no doubt they will be available again, including any modifications resulting from the initial consultation.

I am just puzzled as to why Phase 2 was rolled out on the website to the public before Phase 1 has been seen there, I've never known plans presented like that before and some might say it's putting a fine spin on things and suspect Phase1 doesn't look too eyecatching.

Edited by BP1960

I am just puzzled as to why Phase 2 was rolled out on the website to the public before Phase 1 has been seen there, I've never known plans presented like that before and some might say it's putting a fine spin on things and suspect Phase1 doesn't look too eyecatching.

IIRC The architects' scale drawings were solely covering Phase One. Only the Artists Impressions showed Phase Two, and Phase One is clear on them by mirroring the 'disconnected' end over to the other side.

Phase 2 helps you to visualise what four filled corners would be like with two shown on the impression. It was stressed that you ignore the corners to visualise Phase 1. Simple really.

IIRC The architects' scale drawings were solely covering Phase One. Only the Artists Impressions showed Phase Two, and Phase One is clear on them by mirroring the 'disconnected' end over to the other side.

It would have been better to show artists impressions of both phases, then we could see 'before' and 'after'.

The 'before' being the one we might be using for many years if things don't go according to plan.

It would have been better to show artists impressions of both phases, then we could see 'before' and 'after'.

The 'before' being the one we might be using for many years if things don't go according to plan.

You sort of can see the 'before' and 'after' like you say by mirroring either end from the pictures given. Though bear in mind, from what AH said, Phase One could include one or two corners filled in depending on getting commercial partners; more than that is probably stretching the optimism a little too far.

Absolutely correct. When I was interviewed for the website, even the interviewer seemed surprised that the drawings shown weren't for the initial stadium. I think the intention was to 'wow' the visitors, and hope they didn't ask many questions. Obviously most of us did.

........because phase 1 would'nt have looked as attractive as phase 2..........making it's very hard to sell phase 1 to the doubters

I have trolled through all the posts and veiwed the OS plans...........and its as clear as day

EXPECT A STADIUM WITH 4 SEPARATE STANDS............THERE IS FOOKS CHANCE OF ANY CORNER STANDS BEING BUILT NOW OR IN THE FUTURE

It's a shame really because as an original Failsworth doubter, I suddenly found myself dearing to believe..........that was until I read through the posts in this thread

LAGS is right........it's all smoke screens and mirrors...........if you are going for planning permission for a stadium with 4 separate stands (phase 1) - why show the fans a different set of plans showing corners (phase 2)........ :shock:

I have never been so emotionally drained as I am at moment...........earlier tonight whilst veiwing the OS plans I was giddy with excitement and for the first time in ages I actually believed our fortunes could be changing.........I got a buzz FFS

A note to the TTA........oh forget it, i'll probably say something I will regret in the morning..................Is it wrong to want the best for my club?

PHASE 2 LOOKS AMAZING AND GETS MY FULL SUPPORT...............phase 1 falls considerable below that beit a new stadium or not

I think it's time for the doubters to get behind the plan - this development (with or without corners) is a step forwards.

I also think the owners should develop at least one of the corners from the outset. While four would be preferable, just filling one of the corners means that half the stadium is joined and possibly creates a special part of the ground where a genuine atmosphere can develop from.

Let's get the place built and then work on filling it close to capacity on match days.