Striker Search

seen as penney and the rarely wrong chron has now seen we need a striker, any ideas who we maybe getting?

probably some other money grabbing has been that has no heart or ambition to do anything for this club, just give the young ones a chance for once, they cant be any worse. At least they will play without fear!

probably some other money grabbing has been that has no heart or ambition to do anything for this club, just give the young ones a chance for once, they cant be any worse. At least they will play without fear!

The young ones, in all likelyhood though, will not save us from relegation

The young ones, in all likelyhood though, will not save us from relegation

What and the likes of a Windass, Byfield, Kabba etc etc would? I think not. Lets face it they wouldn't care now whether we stayed up or not. When is the best chance to give them a go? If we were challenging for a playoff spot we would be saying they're not experienced enough. They have to start off their carrer somewhere and other clubs seem find their own players. We just get other clubs cast offs. Its about time we start producing our own goalscorers.

Had we gotten that Glenn Murray when he was available we'd of been laughing now but instead he could be the one that shoots us down when Brighton come to town :disappointed:

Latics could have got Glenn Murray and Grant Holt when they were in non league at Barrow for next to nothing.

Had we gotten that Glenn Murray when he was available we'd of been laughing now but instead he could be the one that shoots us down when Brighton come to town :disappointed:

Depends on what you mean by available.

Brighton wanting their money back that they paid for him is hardly available for us.

Depends on what you mean by available.

Brighton wanting their money back that they paid for him is hardly available for us.

Surely we could have negotiated a deal for Murray when we sold them Davies...........a Murray, Hughes partnership would have been brilliant!!!

The lad wants to come back up north and even 2 months ago I think we would have got Murray for around £200,000, the O'Grady fee would have covered half of that and if we'd been winning and scoring a few goals the increase in crowds could have covered the rest....we must spend a small fortune every season on pointless panic loans that very rarely work out in the long term.

The loan system is there to be utilised but let's be pro-active instead of re-active for a change and get a capable team in from the start!!!

TTA say there is money available for a striker or two but it's too flamin late now and we should have brought someone in much earlier and maybe we wouldn't be in such a mess!!!

What, 19 year olds getting dogs abuse off the crowd every mistake they make?

trannies board has a post from a source that they and ronnie are doing battle for leon clarke on loan....

bet we wont try though..........

I would welcome Leon back anyday, still not sure we would create him enough chances with the style of play (ie; bloody negative). Very similar to Pav and Price!

Latics could have got Glenn Murray and Grant Holt when they were in non league at Barrow for next to nothing.

By that token, we could have got any player who started in non-league and went to a league club cheaply.

I'd like to see an objective analysis of which clubs have done better , and worse, than Latics in picking up players from non-league or cast off as youths from league clubs.

I'm sure we are not top but positive we're a long way from the bottom.

By that token, we could have got any player who started in non-league and went to a league club cheaply.

I'd like to see an objective analysis of which clubs have done better , and worse, than Latics in picking up players from non-league or cast off as youths from league clubs.

I'm sure we are not top but positive we're a long way from the bottom.

The point is those players were with North West non league clubs for a long time, I have said before there are many fine prospects out there, I know I am repeating myself but Shaun Whalley at Droylsden is prime example of a Championship player in making and I haven't seen anyone is Division1 this season with his ability.

Edited by BP1960

The point is those players were with North West non league clubs for a long time, I have said before there are many fine prospects out there, I know I am repeating myself but Shaun Whalley at Droylsden is prime example of a Championship player in making and I haven't seen anyone is Division1 this season with his ability.

Ok, but why has no club picked him up? Look at the number of Championship, League 1 and 2 clubs within 50 miles of Droylsden.

Are they not seeing what you are seeing?

I know what you say is with the best of intentions but it feels at times that it's another stick that's being used unfairly to beat the club with.

Ok, but why has no club picked him up? Look at the number of Championship, League 1 and 2 clubs within 50 miles of Droylsden.

Are they not seeing what you are seeing?

I know what you say is with the best of intentions but it feels at times that it's another stick that's being used unfairly to beat the club with.

It's not unfairly beating up the club as a goal scoring winger (16 this season) with tremendous skills, I geniunely think he is far better than what they have got on the books now.

A scouting pal with a Premiership club has recently endorsed my opinion he's at least Championship class.

He's only played played 20 games and its possible the next transfer window will see some bids.

However, I accept some clubs may have reservations on his track record of not achieving earlier in his career.

A striker !!!!!!

Even Rooney would struggle to score for us.

Not so much a striker but different style of play that gets men in the box and creates chances.

we created enough chances against norwich but nobody to score them,we have created plenty of chances against other teams and again no one to score them.so yes a striker is and has been needed since august

we created enough chances against norwich but nobody to score them,we have created plenty of chances against other teams and again no one to score them.so yes a striker is and has been needed since august

Are those irons still in the fire? :wink: