Brentford Game/Post Game Thread

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So you saying DP did not have investment despite TTA saying otherwise ?

You saying a future management would not have investment despite other mangers getting it ?

I don't understand where people are coming from. Or are you saying the club is lying ? Which then begs the question why is everyone so trusting over Failsworth... and if the club is lying what happened to are early warning system in the form of the trust...

I am just totally confused on who or what to trust / believe...

I'm saying our previous 3 managers have all blew investment. Our current manager has also been given 'some' investment and as you can see by the position we are in - it is obviously not been enough or he also has blown it. Dowie wasn't given enough - or did he and he wasted it? Moore wasn't given enough - or did he and he wasted it? Sheridan wasn't given enough - or did he and he wasted it?

As for the bits I have put in bold - ??

Edited by futchers briefs

I'm saying our previous 3 managers have all blew investment. Our current manager has also been given 'some' investment and as you can see by the position we are in - it is obviously not been enough or he also has blown it. Dowie wasn't given enough - or did he and he wasted it? Moore wasn't given enough - or did he and he wasted it? Sheridan wasn't given enough - or did he and he wasted it?

As for the bits I have put in bold - ??

There is "wasting" a budget and "wasting" a budget... Shez and Moore managed to launch some form of promotion charge. DP has taken us to a whisker of relegation. When talking about waste I would start with DP and Talbot before I even mutter a word towards Moore, Shez and Dowie.

Can a club of our size see it as a "waste" to amount a promotion challenge or should it be what is expected. I see it as a expectation and not a waste.

I see it as a "waste" for a similar budget to see us fighting against relegation.

Edited by oafc0000

It's funny, nobody seemed to want Sheridan to be sacked.

I did, and stills ay it was the right decision at the time.

It was as bad onth e boards then as it is now.

It should be the right time to sack Penney now, but the TTA have got to stick by their man this time.

And yes, Penney has blown his money too.

Our budget is not appalling.

THe players we have indvidually should be able to push for a play off, but we have an unlucky start to the season and it's been a struggle since.

Penney has made mistakes.

The TTA have made mistakes.

I suppose I think that the TTA have been good owners, but unlucky ones. The one saving grace is that we did not have all the debt and none of the benefits of Oldham Arena.

It's funny, nobody seemed to want Sheridan to be sacked.

I think a few memories have been clouded.

At the time it was no surprise to me at all, and I felt that TTA had been left with no alternative.

The surprise was who they replaced him with for the remainder of the season.

I hate this ridiculous manager merry-go-round as much as anyone, but when someone reaches the point that their position is untenable they have to go. That was (regrettably) the case with Sheridan, and it's the case now with Penney.

What has it come to when Dave Penney is so unpopular that he has to be protected from Latics (2700)supporters by the club's own stewards?

I can remember demonstrations outside the ground against Graeme Sharp and calls for Ronnie Moore's head, but I've never seen stewards organise to protect an under fire Manager before!

Is Dave Penney the most unpopular Manager in the club's history?

:ranting:

What has it come to when Dave Penney is so unpopular that he has to be protected from Latics (2700)supporters by the club's own stewards?

I can remember demonstrations outside the ground against Graeme Sharp and calls for Ronnie Moore's head, but I've never seen stewards organise to protect an under fire Manager before!

Is Dave Penney the most unpopular Manager in the club's history?

:ranting:

I think Sharp probably still holds that crown... Probably unfairly...

Edited by oafc0000

What do you mean by this ?

Jsut that we might have got all the loans in place (ie £80m), starting more of the stadium, and started the housing, and then it crashed and burned.

So we could have had a substantial debt, half developed stadiumand worhless housing.

Jsut that we might have got all the loans in place (ie £80m), starting more of the stadium, and started the housing, and then it crashed and burned.

So we could have had a substantial debt, half developed stadiumand worhless housing.

That makes the presumption Latics would of got something more than a stadium out of it all. The same presumption people are operating on over Failsworth.

From where I am stood TTA's other company would of taken on said liabilities and rewards. But that is just me guessing like everyone else. Happy for the club to set us / me straight.

Edited by oafc0000

I think the main issue was that we were going to sell the housing land to a developer for big bucks, when the land devalued, we could no longer do that. If we had sold the land, the risk would have been moreso with the housing developer than with latics. All the other aspects of the project would have been hindered maybe but in the long term, doable.

I think the main issue was that we were going to sell the housing land to a developer for big bucks, when the land devalued, we could no longer do that. If we had sold the land, the risk would have been moreso with the housing developer than with latics. All the other aspects of the project would have been hindered maybe but in the long term, doable.

Is that the royal we ? Latics never owned it to sell. Still don't apparently.

I can't say I saw DP ring fenced with stewards..... what we trying to say here? that Latics are akin to Millwall fans..behave.

Had some Banter with them as they took their positions along the advertising boards - I mean really; what were they doing?

Pitch Invasion? Behave

A surge to reach the Dug-Out? Give-Over

I stayed till the death to clap off the players (as usual) and I saw no attempts to get to DP; and there was a feeble 'ring' of stewards that was actually just 2 of them stood sort of near him - combined age of 120+; so quite frankly; if anyone had rushed DP; then I'm not too sure what they would have been able to do about it.

On a side note; DP looked devastated as he walked off - Martin Gray managed a smile of sorts as he applauded us who were applauding the players........

On a side note; DP looked devastated as he walked off - Martin Gray managed a smile of sorts as he applauded us who were applauding the players........

Well, exactly. All this nonsense that's spouted that DP doesn't care about it all is completely based on the fact that his habitual posture is with his hands in his pockets. Even if isn't overly concerned with the club (which would again be an unfounded accusation), he certainly doesn't want a relegation on his CV.

Still, it's another thing to use against him. If people say something enough times then it will be accepted as true.

Well, exactly. All this nonsense that's spouted that DP doesn't care about it all is completely based on the fact that his habitual posture is with his hands in his pockets.

For a manager who spoke of players poor body language not long back, he's one to be talking isn't he.

Well, exactly. All this nonsense that's spouted that DP doesn't care about it all is completely based on the fact that his habitual posture is with his hands in his pockets. Even if isn't overly concerned with the club (which would again be an unfounded accusation), he certainly doesn't want a relegation on his CV.

Still, it's another thing to use against him. If people say something enough times then it will be accepted as true.

True true:

He even had them out of his pockets as he went up the steps so that dispels the myth that they're surgically stitched in there!!

Hands In Pockets - Feckin' Boo!!

Edited by slystallone

True true:

He even had them out of his pockets as he went up the steps so that dispels the myth that they're surgically stitched in there!!

Hands In Pockets - Feckin' Boo!!

I suppose they were warm enough having been in his pockets 2 hours.

I'm not asking for no ranter or raver but JC. He stands there like a mourner at a frigging funeral.