Penney's Gone

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree and also a decent manager doesnt need a huge budget to get out of this league or have a good season Swindon have made the play offs spending very little money, and Scunthorpe have proved twice it can be done on a smaller budget.

Maybe we are trying to hijack Gannon before his mate takes him back to Stockport, whoever it is I just hope he brings players in who want to play and give 100% for the fans and show some passion and comittment for the blue shirt.It would also help if the manager was able to bond with the fans and have rapport going.

Utter bollocks.

They brought in Jonathan Douglas and David Lucas from Leeds and Pericard from Carlisle..all of them on decent money, also they bought, as in spent money on, Austin and Billy Paynter.

We're in a different world.

The smoking gun is held by us latics fans.

Decision is based on the fact the we have voted with our feet/ran out of BP.....so to those who have decided to stay away - are you going to return?

I am interested to see how many are going to return as a few games ago, there was a "penney out" protest with 20 people I believe.

We have got the man out of BP, So now we are responsible for attending again aren't we. Bums on seat = money = spare money for new players = success = promotion????

Worrying times.....no money for the squad, no manager, new manager? but will have to work with what's here. Rip it up and start again?

I hope we find the man. Back to rebuilding eh! Therefore, next season unless, as someone else has quoted, Christ himself is appointed, then I fear we are mid-table again.

Gray? number two's tend to follow the manager and they tend to agree with how the manager plays/tactics etc. So, I don't think he will be here for long - unless he can find us some goals.

New strip on Sat, new manager?......god I pity anyone who comes to BP.....Welcome to Hell!!!!!!!!!!!

Utter bollocks.

They brought in Jonathan Douglas and David Lucas from Leeds and Pericard from Carlisle..all of them on decent money, also they bought, as in spent money on, Austin and Billy Paynter.

We're in a different world.

Is there an echo in here??? :wink:

Appointing Gray would be no different to Penney. He was just his nodding dog.

Well that's the bed you've made for yourself.

Budgets have been cut....and that was decided weeks before Penney's departure was announced.

It was always going to be the case if we got rid of Penney that his replacement would be a lot cost budget appointment, like Gray or Duxbury.

So, enjoy!

Back to rebuilding eh!

Unfortunately so. :(

I'm actually so sick of the idea of us rebuilding yet again that I think the new manager should be given minimal (or no) flexibility in regards to players he brings in and has to work with the squad that's already in place. Rather than him ripping up this squad, bringing in his own with his own philosophy, failing within a year and leaving us in the same situation as now (or worse) with less money.

Edited by the_mighty_bosh

If Martin Gray wasn't on the short list he would have gone with Penney today......I reckon he is one of the favourites for the job along with Gregan.

Gray stayed on for last game of season at Darlo last season when penney left for us,

Chris Coleman has one or two ''interests'' in the oldham area :wink:

*just to point out iv heard no rumour or have any source's about him for the managers job, i just know about one or two of his interests lol

Interesting report on the BBC.....

BBC

I saw that too. This bit is interesting too:

Corney added that within ten minutes of releasing the news of Penney's departure, the club had received 20 genuine telephone calls enquiring about the vacant position.

also, official says we've 'parted company' does that mean he's resigned or we've payed him off or that mutual termination? and if mutaul termination, does that mean we've played him off?

I saw that too. This bit is interesting too:

Corney added that within ten minutes of releasing the news of Penney's departure, the club had received 20 genuine telephone calls enquiring about the vacant position.

<SC> Is that you Carlton. Plese get you phone off reidal, we are not interested

<CP> It is me, cArlton Palmer, PLease will you consider me.

<SC> I told you the other 18 times you've called in the last 20 mins, the answer is still no.

I hope SC said no, anyway!