Mobile Phones

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

iPhone...

Its the all round phone... Does everything you could want...

The only moans I have are the battery life and the actual phone call quality is a bit :censored:ty compared to some other phones I have had..

So in summary... Great unless you want to use it as a phone :lol:

Three view points...

1. Gadget

2. Phone

3. Camera

If you want a gadget, which can twitter, facebook and do just about anything else you could imagine then iPhone is your solution. There's others out there but the iPhone really is better than them all for usability.

If you want a phone I'm not one for suggestions. As Zero's points out, the iPhone does have some issues with being a phone - quality and drop outs are not massive problems but are noticeable. I use my phone for about 60-100 minutes a month as an actual phone so it's not a problem for me.

Camera's are cheap these days, but some phones do have exceptional camera's and if you're going to look to combine them I'd do some reading around this area.

My recommendation would always be an iPhone. I love mine. But if you were going down that path I'd try and hold out a few months for the new one, which will arrive some time this summer I'd guess.

Please God no, let's not have a fanboy argument here! :lol:

I always thought the SNES was superior to all before it....

I'm not a fanboy mate. I fully admit that there are weaknesses to the iPhone - I've said them above... just don't get the argument that the iPhone is inferior from a gadget/business PDA point of view...

Mega Drive all the way!

For apps and games - Iphone

for fast simple functionality blackberry

I have a blackberry through work and an iphone personally ,

Iphone is great for the apps etc but battery life is :censored:e,

blackberry will go on for days with its battery but its always got my e meithers on so I dont like it :wink:

So an i-phone isn't great as a phone- does anyone know something similar which is actually quite good as a phone (I use my mobile as a phone quite a bit)?

I use c.1200 minutes per month on my iPhone and whilst it is frustrating sometimes its very much bearable. Best phone I've ever had by far

Well, I did want to steer clear of the iphone simply because EVERYONE has one, but they aren't popular cos they suck, clearly. I've been looking at maybe a Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 but i don't know anyone who has one and I find reviewers are generally over picky about things that the average person wouldn't notice. I've also noticed the HTC Desire is gettin amazing reviews so was considering that. I hadn't even thought about the Blackberry to be honest so i'll have a look what they're going for. I'm working on a budget so i'm buying straight off ebay for a decent deal......

Fook me I've only just learned to type a 3 word text message in less than 20 minutes!

haha

As long as I'm looking at the screen I'm as fast as I ever was on my Nokia's... I will admit that the touch-screen's a bugger if you're trying to text and walk.

I don't get the argument that an iPhone is a gimmick? How?

You can't copy and paste without a third party app.

You cannot multi-task, at least not on current iPhones from out of the box. For example, if I wanna listen to music, while composing an email then half way through, open the web browser, check the BBC headlines, then quickly switch to my Blackberry Messenger send a message to a contact, then open up a game of poker, switch back to my music to change song, then swtich back to poker to realise the game has just folded me poker Kings 'cause I didn't respond in time, then switch back to blackberry messenger, reply to my conversation then go back to my original email and finish it as I left off completely in tact, the check Facebook whilst all that other stuff is running in the background, I can.

Multi-tasking is advantage of having a smartphone. Apple have only just announced an OS upgrade that will allow it.

In fact, it's all listed here: http://blog.glcomputing.com.au/2010/02/why...iphone-for.html

Edited by Bring Back Ronnie Moore

You can't copy and paste without a third party app.

Funny...you can on my standard iphone 3gs...

You cannot multi-task, at least not on current iPhones from out of the box. For example, if I wanna listen to music, while composing an email then half way through, open the web browser, check the BBC headlines, then quickly switch to my Blackberry Messenger send a message to a contact, then open up a game of poker, switch back to my music to change song, then swtich back to poker to realise the game has just folded me poker Kings 'cause I didn't respond in time, then switch back to blackberry messenger, reply to my conversation then go back to my original email and finish it as I left off completely in tact, the check Facebook whilst all that other stuff is running in the background, I can.

You can play music and do all those things.... Although you can return to finish things off so its not as multi tasking as windows mobile for example...

Multi-tasking is advantage of having a smartphone. Apple have only just announced an OS upgrade that will allow it.

In fact, it's all listed here: http://blog.glcomputing.com.au/2010/02/why...iphone-for.html

Having used other smartphones / HHTs etc for years now Multi tasking is not all that... It sucks battery... and it becomes a pain managing whats open and what isnt... which effects cpu / memory...