New Manager Thread

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is someone forcing you to read this?

Should we run future posts by you for approval via PM?

Alright calm down, just pointing out that the thread is about potential new managers and not last season..

Not really...1st game of season, always a lottery of sorts. And we weren't the only ones...it's funny how these "did everything but score" games under a more favourable manager are acceptable but not when it suits...

Football League One Huddersfield 0-0 Stockport 26-09-2009

Football League One Carlisle 0-0 Stockport 23-01-2010

I noticed Udders didn't do too bad last season either...anyway...

Yeah i'm sure the Hudds fans would see their 0-0 draw as being more acceptable as their manager got them into the playoffs. Our's didn't.

Yeah i'm sure the Hudds fans would see their 0-0 draw as being more acceptable as their manager got them into the playoffs. Our's didn't.

Lol...

you do know that Stockport were crap last season and not scoring against them should be seen as a major fail, especially at home. Kind of undermines your point about short, cloudy memories.

I'll add what you meant to say then...

Major fail...except if you spend :censored:loads more and have a miles better squad, get into the playoffs but don't go up. It's alright then...

Quite ironic that the current mantra is "give the new manager a chance" yet people walked out of BP after the 1st game of last season writing it off...nothing like self-fulfilling prophecies eh :grin: Twist the draw vs Stockport however you like, the first 2 months of last season were nothing like has been painted.

Edited by boundaryblue80

Lol...

I'll add what you meant to say then...

Major fail...except if you spend :censored:loads more and have a miles better squad, get into the playoffs but don't go up. It's alright then...

Quite ironic that the current mantra is "give the new manager a chance" yet people walked out of BP after the 1st game of last season writing it off...nothing like self-fulfilling prophecies eh :grin: Twist the draw vs Stockport however you like, the first 2 months of last season were nothing like has been painted.

Let me be clear here, I consider the fact that Huddersfield did not beat Stockport also as a major fail, however its made more acceptable as they on the entire course of the season did well. So what if they spent money, they still improved on previous years performances whereas we did not. Yes we may have done well in a few matches and perhaps we did play a bit more attacking than we did for the majority of the season, but the facts speak for themselves, we couldn't score, we were crap at attacking and using the Stockport game of a measure of how good we could be seems barmy.

That said, I am merely disagreeing with your argument though and not with your point as frankly yes I don't think he was given enough time in principle to learn from his mistakes. However, if TTA doesn't think he can learn thats a different matter altogther.

I've been told by two seperate Athletic players this morning, who I know quite well, that Dickov ISNT going to be the manager. He is coming as Player-Assistant. They would not tell me who the Manager is but said "You won't be that surprised."

I've been told by two seperate Athletic players this morning, who I know quite well, that Dickov ISNT going to be the manager. He is coming as Player-Assistant. They would not tell me who the Manager is but said "You won't be that surprised."

Mmm, is that bunn no.1 and dickov his no.2 then?

mm Bunn No 1, Dickov 2, that is more realistic if you think about it.

Meanwhile, Royce rolls in to Brentford.

Simon Royce has joined Brentford as GK coach. Slightly of topic, but does beg the question of whether there will be a GK coach.

Surley the club would have been forced to come out and deny all those BBC, Sky Sports and other media sources that have all claimed it is Dickov on there websites.

Alan Hardy was quoted in the Chron as saying the manager they have choosen has lots of contacts, that points to Dickov to me.

I would be suprised if its not Dickov but if you have spoken with the players then why would they lie to you as I am sure they know who its going to be.

Surley the club would have been forced to come out and deny all those BBC, Sky Sports and other media sources that have all claimed it is Dickov on there websites.

Why?

Just because the delayed announcement has created a vacuum to be filled with speculation and rumour doesn't mean the club is under any obligation whatsoever to confirm or deny any rumours until the stated time of the announcement.

Interesting.... Would certainly be a huge surprise, to me at least, if Dickov is not the manager.

Why?

Just because the delayed announcement has created a vacuum to be filled with speculation and rumour doesn't mean the club is under any obligation whatsoever to confirm or deny any rumours until the stated time of the announcement.

Well if its not Dickov and he is out there looking for work in management which he clearly is then I doubt he wants the footballing world thinking he is already in employment.