• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"We heard you'd got the Oldham job?"

"Nah, that's just media bollocks."

"Ah, good old media eh?"

It's not difficult.

Also the clubs media partner the MEN has reported it as Dikov. If there is any relationship there then would the MEN run with a story that is not true, if they as partners are to call the club then I would imagine if it was not true we would have told them so without revealing the identity of the new manager.

I guess we will see on Wednesday then, if its not Dickov then you will prove to be right

Even as media partners, in the absence of any confirmation one way or the other the MEN are bound to end up printing the same speculative story as everyone else.

It's easy to assume there must be some truth to the story simply because it has been picked up across more or less all media outlets, when in reality all they've done is copy each other.

It could even be that OAFC are more than happy for their media partner to run with the story as a smoke screen.

I would much prefer that Bunn be the man in charge with his previous experience at management and at Latics with Dickov as the number 2 if Bunn wishes for him to join him.

I'd imagine Dickov would have come out and denied media reports if it isn't him (even though he was on holiday)

Plus.... does anyone know if Frankie Bunn has been on holiday in the last couple of weeks?

Surley the club would have been forced to come out and deny all those BBC, Sky Sports and other media sources that have all claimed it is Dickov on there websites.

Alan Hardy was quoted in the Chron as saying the manager they have choosen has lots of contacts, that points to Dickov to me.

I would be suprised if its not Dickov but if you have spoken with the players then why would they lie to you as I am sure they know who its going to be.

Why would the club deny the reports? It basically gets the club into the national press, but not for a bad reason.

Also, Bunn does also have a lot of contacts, probably more than Dickov to be fair.

Why would the club deny the reports? It basically gets the club into the national press, but not for a bad reason.

Also, Bunn does also have a lot of contacts, probably more than Dickov to be fair.

Indeed. Throughout the England game today we had two pages of the white ticker - excellent coverage for the club, even if it was accidental.

Or was it!? 170.gif

I'd imagine Dickov would have come out and denied media reports if it isn't him (even though he was on holiday)

Plus.... does anyone know if Frankie Bunn has been on holiday in the last couple of weeks?

Had a txt earlier off an EX who is a Rep currently working in Malta - Dickov was waiting for a car at Malta Airport today ! Maybe just Maybe

Ex is a MASSIVE City Fan and adored Dickov and asked if he was next Oldham Manager ! Reply was just a smile !

If Dickov not signed anything yet would the club want to realise his name? Club looks bad enough without getting bitten on the arse by Dickov getting a better offer at the 11th Hour before signing !!!! Would increase his bargining power when sorting his contract out if he had already been named without signing first ? :unsure:

Had a txt earlier off an EX who is a Rep currently working in Malta - Dickov was waiting for a car at Malta Airport today ! Maybe just Maybe

Ex is a MASSIVE City Fan and adored Dickov and asked if he was next Oldham Manager ! Reply was just a smile !

If Dickov not signed anything yet would the club want to realise his name? Club looks bad enough without getting bitten on the arse by Dickov getting a better offer at the 11th Hour before signing !!!! Would increase his bargining power when sorting his contract out if he had already been named without signing first ? :unsure:

Nothing has official been announced yet, rumours that dickov is the manager because it was reported in the daily mirror etc.

Maybe true may not be true, but it has got the club in national press and it does not discredit the club, if not dickov, just proves how unreliable the media is.

Just making a point that i posted in another thread.

Players/Coaches making the step up normally do. Look at our record.

Dowie - Assistant>Manager 1 Season - Play-offs.

Sheridan - Reserve Team>Manager ~3 seasons - Play-offs, mid-table, good start, faded away.

whereas managers who have managed before.

Talbot - Rushden&Diamonds - 19th? something like that

Moore - Rotherham - 9th, not so bad but unpopular manager

Penney - Darlington - 17th? not sure couldnt care less once we were safe.

The stats speak for themselves. Good luck Mr Dickov!

Just making a point that i posted in another thread.

Players/Coaches making the step up normally do. Look at our record.

Dowie - Assistant>Manager 1 Season - Play-offs.

Sheridan - Reserve Team>Manager ~3 seasons - Play-offs, mid-table, good start, faded away.

whereas managers who have managed before.

Talbot - Rushden&Diamonds - 19th? something like that

Moore - Rotherham - 9th, not so bad but unpopular manager

Penney - Darlington - 17th? not sure couldnt care less once we were safe.

The stats speak for themselves. Good luck Mr Dickov!

But they certainly don't tell the whole story.

With all due respect, where was this?

He managed City reserves and did quite well from what I understand. He also has Championship experience with being Colemans number 2. I think stepping up to a number 1 role in the football league with Latics would be the right time and the right move forward for him. No disrespect to Dickov as we don't know how well he'll do, but its a stab in the dark and it'll need full paitence from the fans for a couple of years which we all know you won't get anymore here.

how can oldham say there is a press meeting on wed when i been told tonight dickov is not keen on the deal oldham have offered this is great news please get ritchie in to save me morning :)

must be true then :wink:

how can oldham say there is a press meeting on wed when i been told tonight dickov is not keen on the deal oldham have offered this is great news please get ritchie in to save me morning :)

Did this same person give you all your other top notch information Ibby?

No. But it's funny to see what the wait for the official announcement does to people!

It's Dickov.

:grin: Half the people on this board claim to have a :sauce:

I'm feeling left out!.............Guess i'll have to try and ketchup!