New Manager Thread

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From memory, Bunn's record as boss consists of losing one game 6-0 :shock:

But as a player he scored 6 in one game...now if he could transfer that goal hunger to the Latics strikers it will do me. :)

Now this is interesting.

Living and working near Stockport, as I do, I occasionally pick up a few snippets. Usually it's the sort of half-cocked rumour that I can happily ignore, but this is different.

I have it on unique authority that over the past 48 hours there has been somewhat frenzied contact between OAFC and SCFC.

The upshot is our new manager, despite all the reports is not Paul Dickov. It is, however, someone closely connected to Stockport. Somone who's appointment would doubtless divide opinion.

Nope, not Jim Gannon.

Now this is interesting.

Living and working near Stockport, as I do, I occasionally pick up a few snippets. Usually it's the sort of half-cocked rumour that I can happily ignore, but this is different.

I have it on unique authority that over the past 48 hours there has been somewhat frenzied contact between OAFC and SCFC.

The upshot is our new manager, despite all the reports is not Paul Dickov. It is, however, someone closely connected to Stockport. Somone who's appointment would doubtless divide opinion.

Nope, not Jim Gannon.

It's Carlton Palmer, all my prayers have been answered!!!!

Now this is interesting.

Nope, not Jim Gannon.

Kevin Francis.

Now this is interesting.

Nope, not Jim Gannon.

Quick google of connected to Stockport and you get this - now his appoitment would surely divide opinion.......cheap as chips though so it helps the budget!

•Joan Bakewell: TV presenter

•John Blakeley, sculpture

•Peter Boardman, mountainer killed climbing Mount Everest

•Judith Chalmers, TV presenter

•Katie Derham, newsreader

David Dickinson, TV presenterI just hope....................:wink:

•James Goddard, commonwealth Games swimmer

•Frank Hayes, cricketer

•James Hickman, Olympic swimmer

•Christopher Ishwerwood, writer

•Will Mellor, actor

•Joe Mercer, jockey

•Steve Smith , rugby player and former England captain

•Graeme Smith, Olympic swimmer

•Joanne Whalley-Kilmer. acress

•Mike Yarwood, comedian

•Diana Wilkinson - Olympic swimmer (broke 19 swimming records at 13, and was the first British woman to swim 200 yards in under a minute.

And from Coronation Street

•'Les Battersby' - Bruce Jones

•'Jack Duckworth' - Bill Tarmey

•'Shelley Unwin' - Sally Lindsay

Quick google of connected to Stockport and you get this - now his appoitment would surely divide opinion.......cheap as chips though so it helps the budget!

•Joan Bakewell: TV presenter

•John Blakeley, sculpture

•Peter Boardman, mountainer killed climbing Mount Everest

•Judith Chalmers, TV presenter

•Katie Derham, newsreader

David Dickinson, TV presenterI just hope....................:wink:

•James Goddard, commonwealth Games swimmer

•Frank Hayes, cricketer

•James Hickman, Olympic swimmer

•Christopher Ishwerwood, writer

•Will Mellor, actor

•Joe Mercer, jockey

•Steve Smith , rugby player and former England captain

•Graeme Smith, Olympic swimmer

•Joanne Whalley-Kilmer. acress

•Mike Yarwood, comedian

•Diana Wilkinson - Olympic swimmer (broke 19 swimming records at 13, and was the first British woman to swim 200 yards in under a minute.

And from Coronation Street

•'Les Battersby' - Bruce Jones

•'Jack Duckworth' - Bill Tarmey

•'Shelley Unwin' - Sally Lindsay

I never realised Katie Derham was from Stockport, that makes her Sloaney affected voice even more galling.

Still nice to look at though, not my favourtite.

THat's Susannah Reid. :wub:

Georgie Thompson does not count as a newsreader does she?!

Edited by singe

Now this is interesting.

Nope, not Jim Gannon.

Is there a reason you cant say who this supposed person is or do you not know

It wasn't made perfectly clear to be honest.

I assumed the ultimate cheap option... (presuming Gannon is taking over at Stockport).

i.e. Gary Ablett.

I wonder if he can still play?

Dont believe that for a second and dont want to believe it either.... Hardy has already been quoted as saying the manager will have contacts, whos are Ablett's apart from Liverpool 20 years ago...

Dickov it is :pray:

It wasn't made perfectly clear to be honest.

I assumed the ultimate cheap option... (presuming Gannon is taking over at Stockport).

i.e. Gary Ablett.

I wonder if he can still play?

How do you know it is "Somone who's appointment would doubtless divide opinion". Was you just presuming it was Ablett?

Bearing in mind the significant media coverage of Dickov going to be appointed (and the internet means that anywhere in the world has access to the story), if it isn't PD then why hasn't he denied it himself?

Bearing in mind the significant media coverage of Dickov going to be appointed (and the internet means that anywhere in the world has access to the story), if it isn't PD then why hasn't he denied it himself?

Yup...

Only reason I could think is he is going to be number 2 and has to keep quiet...

I would be surprised if he wasn't announced as manager in the morning...