• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

without a doubt the worst player in living memory has to be

BRIAN KILKLINE

still having nightmares now thinking about him

one of joes rare mistakes

He did struggle Kilkline, awful to watch - like a rabbit caught in the headlights . He was excellent for Coventry before us and did alright at Newcastle after leaving but forgot how to play / read the game while with us.

But far from the worse player we ever had, remember he was surrounded by very good players

A few mentions of Jepson on here but I never saw him play because I was overseas

Cost us 400,000 and seemed to follow Neil Warnock all around the country after Warnock left.

How much was he sold for?

scored 4 goals in nine games - that does not seem so bad?

Iwelumo has to be an honourable mention.

Also not seen much mention of Michael Ricketts - perhaps a bit unfair of me as he was class for other teams but for us he looked like he'd used all his energy getting his kit on.

Lord Kangana N'Diawa.

Went to rochdale and brought off after coming on as sub.

Ended up flitting between tiers 8/9 and park football.

Without a doubt the worst player Ive ever seen "play" for Latics.

It used to be the likes of McGarvey and Fillery, but they had a bit of something. McGarvey was quite funny and Fillery actually had skill, he just couldn't deliver anymore.

Then I saw the Rocket, the Lord, Lee, Budtz and Mongo.

Has anyone said David Currie yet? Greedy, talentless, I hated him and he had a rubbish tache!

bass8990currie.jpg

He showed a lot of talent when he was at Barnsley. Cloughie bought him and he just lost it. We got him on the cheap and i then wondered whether he hadn't lost is so much as never really had it.

Most unforgivable moment award - bottled a challenge at Old Trafford.

It used to be the likes of McGarvey and Fillery, but they had a bit of something. McGarvey was quite funny and Fillery actually had skill, he just couldn't deliver anymore.

Then I saw the Rocket, the Lord, Lee, Budtz and Mongo.

Right, this needs clearing up like now....... Mike Fillery was Portsmouths mom when we battered them here on the plastic pitch. He had a short and long passing range and a great cross on him. What you FAIL to remember that on his DEBUT against Hull City he was subjected to one of the worst tackles I have ever seen. It was during the match which ended with a Redfearn screamer in the last second to get a 2.2. What really annoys me about your post was that he only played about 30 minutes for Latics. It was Leigh Palin who lunged at him at knee height and finished his career.... Before you talk about crap players, do your homework first. oh and your point about McGarvey, he was pretty important to us in the cup run, I seem to remember his flick on prior to our equaliser at Southampton and then in the replay he clever run took away two defenders to let Milligan crash in number 2... He also ran Brighton ragged in the 4th round and scored a great header. Edited by Lukers1

Lord Kangana Ndiwa;

Great quote from a former manager;

He got a game at Worthing but was subbed at 0-5 down, his manager commenting -

"Ndiwa looked all over the shop and said he felt sick. Not half as sick as I was feeling".

http://clarkechroniclersfootballers.blogspot.co.uk/2011/04/344-ndiwa-lord-kangana.html

That's not fair, he only played one friendly, he was actually a good keeper and highly rated in the USA.

Dubose played in the Littlewoods Cup 2nd Round 2nd Leg v Darlington in October 1988. 2-0 down from the 1st Leg, Latics won 4-0 AET to set up a plum tie away at Everton which Latics lost narrowly after a replay. The Darlo appearance was Winston's only first team run out, but he played reserve team football for most of the season before work permit issues saw him return Stateside. Big Joe was keen to sign him on a longer deal but it wasn't possible due to red tape….

That's not fair, he only played one friendly, he was actually a good keeper and highly rated in the USA.

True, in his only first team appearance he looked top class, only work permit problems prevented him signing.

He said later he loved playing over here.

Edited by BP1960