1. 1. Happy or unhappy?

• Happy with that
    • Unhappy with that
    • Indifferent

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny how many are saying they're happy yet we're complaining about some of the other names being mentioned "being a cheap option"...anyhow...

Indeed. I think he carries larger problems in that he is City, Scottish and people will shout for Bunn to take over as he is Latics. If he ain't :censored: off a stick in the first game he's as good as a goner there and then.

Nothing against Dickov himself, as he's as unproven as Scott Murray, for instance, he just carries around loads of baggage that our idiots will jump onto which they wouldn't have with someone who doesn't have these afflictions.

Edited by OldhamSheridan

Indeed. I think he carries larger problems in that he is City, Scottish and people will shout for Bunn to take over as he is Latics. If he ain't :censored: off a stick in the first game he's as good as a goner there and then.

Nothing against Dickov himself, as he's as unproven as Scott Murray, for instance, he just carries around loads of baggage that our idiots will jump onto which they wouldn't have with someone who doesn't have these afflictions.

Frank Bunn is a legend of sorts at Latics, but didn't he go to City when he had an option tocome here a few years ago on the coaching side?

Whoever it turns out to be - lets get behind him!!

Whilst Dickov's on holiday I'm sure that he's been constantly on the phone to his network of contacts that he's built up during his career. The one promising thing is that he wouldn't have signed unless he had a realistic budget, which makes me think that Corney has had to loosen the purse strings. I'm hearing that Richards is close to a £10m move so we could well have a slice of £2.5m to attract some decent attacking options.

Whilst Dickov's on holiday I'm sure that he's been constantly on the phone to his network of contacts that he's built up during his career. The one promising thing is that he wouldn't have signed unless he had a realistic budget, which makes me think that Corney has had to loosen the purse strings. I'm hearing that Richards is close to a £10m move so we could well have a slice of £2.5m to attract some decent attacking options.

I hope you're right Mids :pray::cardinal:

I would guess that not every Latics fan will have voted so perhaps similar figures

Don't people realise how arrogant it looks to think that message board anoraks are representative of Oldham fans?

Frank Bunn is a legend of sorts at Latics, but didn't he go to City when he had an option tocome here a few years ago on the coaching side?

Whoever it turns out to be - lets get behind him!!

Have Dickov and Bunn worked together much?

Edited by singe

I'm am more bitterly disapointed at the appointment than anything, as I was desperately hoping for Ritchie to come back, if not then Jimbo would have probably been the other manager which I think could have done something with us, out of the names that were suggested.

Plus he is ex citeh, which really doesn't help, so he wont have a honeymoon period or a few months grace. Lose a couple of games and the knives will be out for yet another sacking, "resign you citeh c---" will be the order, unless he gets off to a flyer.

Still, I wish him the best of luck and hope we can get us up.

Dickov is ex city. We hate man u and city to.

:ohno:

I agree, why, oh why, does everyone forget that it should be two "o"s in "too". That is: "We hate Man U and City too"!

I see this type of error all over the place these days... :lol:

Edited by martjs

Dickov is ex city. We hate man u and city to.

I do not hate City.....when they play Latics I do but otherwise no problem at all. If Latics ceased to be I could make the short trip from Failsworth to Eastlands....

Apologies in advance!

The latics players are in the dressing room at BP waiting for the new manager on his first day, Dickov kicks down the door "Weel fowks! Nou that ye'v aw been gien a chance tae play an Manig fitbaw, thas Whan lang season aheed..........................................."

Greagan looks around the confused dressing room, looks at Greg Fleming who also shrugs his shoulder as the scotch twang is too much even for him. Greagan looks Dickov in the eye and says "sorry say again? something about haggis?" :blush: Its gonna be a loooonnnngggg season!

A quote from my mate's dad today :

"Well we had Hughes who killed someone. Now we've got a manager who was accused of rape in La Manga with Frank Sinclair. What a club".

The passing of time may have blurred my memory somewhat but wasn’t it Sinclair, Dickov, AND Elliott & Frogart that were accused; then found to be completely innocent?

And; weren’t the ladies in question known prostitutes who were proved to be on the scam; purely to attempt to make money from footballers by crying the rape card??? The “case” was thrown out quicker than Gordon in an all you can buffet restaurant. It did however do nothing to help Leicester avoid relegation from the Greedy League; or Micky Adams keep his job.

I was sceptical myself at first but it could turn out to be a good thing. No point slagging Dickov off before's he's began. At the end of the day TTA are't going to impress everyone no matter who they choose (realistically) so why don't we just give him a chance anyway and if we're bottom of the league by January then feel free to vent your fury.

He'll have my support - something I'd struggle to have given Gray.

If he can pass on his art of reading the game to the players, we'll improve dramatically.

totally agree, + show the strikers where the net is

Despite being a player opposition fans loved to hate Dickov is actually a really nice fella. He is very down to earth and easy to get on with and is really well liked amongst the people behind the scenes at City. Hopefully, he'll have made enough friends throughout football to call in favours when it comes to loan signings. If the rumours about Frankie Bunn are true then hopefully the both of them will be on the phone to Jimmy Cassell nagging for first dibs when the next Ched Evans or Vladimir Weiss is up for loan.

Despite being a player opposition fans loved to hate Dickov is actually a really nice fella. He is very down to earth and easy to get on with and is really well liked amongst the people behind the scenes at City. Hopefully, he'll have made enough friends throughout football to call in favours when it comes to loan signings. If the rumours about Frankie Bunn are true then hopefully the both of them will be on the phone to Jimmy Cassell nagging for first dibs when the next Ched Evans or Vladimir Weiss is up for loan.

Now then, let's have no more of this reason and common sense. :)