New Manager: Paul Dickov

Am i the only one who remembers the dive at BP when he was playing for :censored:ty, winning them a penalty, the cheating....I'll never forgive him....... :ranting: :ranting: ...

...unless we win games, play entertaining football and get in the play-offs, then, maybe, just maybe i'll forgive. :grin:

Good luck Paul, welcome to your own episode of Lost.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a glass half full kinda guy. I am also not one for wild predictions, who knows if this appointment will work, lets just hope.

But Gaz on BBC webpage 606, are you just trying to get on the TV/radio?

No no no no no

League One Oldham Athletic

by DAZ 13 (U13796644) 09 June 2010

So it's official, Dickov is the new manager. Apparantly he was hired because he had a few phone numbers, who? Zippy, George and Bungle?... Another disasterous decision. By christmas we will all be saying Dickov out, you know it and so do i. Sorry but you know i will be right.

So much for Lee Sinnott's inside knowledge ... that's two players who are gonna get a hard time in pre-season! :unsure:

Good luck Paul, welcome to your own episode of Lost.

:lol:

That's harsh. I'm sure he'll be here long enough to make it a series.

Welcome to BP.Good Interview on LP, I'm quite excited about the new season already,which is not hard after last seasons dross.Top 10 finish for your first season will do me fine. Good Luck

Haven't had time to watch the LP interview yet but just scanned the report. Made all the right noises for me.

Paul Dickov's Blue and White Army!

Welcome to BP.Good Interview on LP, I'm quite excited about the new season already,which is not hard after last seasons dross.Top 10 finish for your first season will do me fine. Good Luck

Really?? Top 10?

Hmmmmm. Expectations need to reined in somewhat there me thinks.

We have a pretty pants squad, we have a pretty pants budget and we have a manager in his 1st job. Survival with passion and it’s a decent 1st season effort to be built on. But Top 10? In this league with the sides we now have in it? Be realistic please……

I'm not even speculating, Was happy with the appointment of this time last year.

I just hope he's been appointed on merit and not because he was the cheap option.

Good luck Paul and I just hope for an improvement in the football more than anything. As for waiting until the 28th to assess players and see if new blood is needed, don't bother - we need a forward and a centre half straight away.

I'm not even speculating, Was happy with the appointment of this time last year.

I just hope he's been appointed on merit and not because he was the cheap option.

Good luck Paul and I just hope for an improvement in the football more than anything. As for waiting until the 28th to assess players and see if new blood is needed, don't bother - we need a forward and a centre half straight away.

Agree with that about happy last year too, I thought the same as you, who knows this time around.

But given his club record I cannot see him being a cheap appointment.

Edited by singe

Fifth from bottom will be a raging success next season.

Spin it how you like, it is a cheap appointment of a guy with no experience. Contacts? But, he's got the contacts? Yeah, it's called a phone. If you are deemed a good enough club/manager* (not a nice guy who tried alot as a player due to being not too good), then players will go to play there. Not if you scored an important goal or knew the kit man of ten years ago.

As for backing him? I wouldn't expect much, if anything. Why go thrifty on the manager, only to go ballistic on players (see Huddersfields wasted season)?

*Oops, that won't kick in for a while then.

I am a glass half full kinda guy. I am also not one for wild predictions, who knows if this appointment will work, lets just hope.

But Gaz on BBC webpage 606, are you just trying to get on the TV/radio?

No no no no no

League One Oldham Athletic

by DAZ 13 (U13796644) 09 June 2010

So it's official, Dickov is the new manager. Apparantly he was hired because he had a few phone numbers, who? Zippy, George and Bungle?... Another disasterous decision. By christmas we will all be saying Dickov out, you know it and so do i. Sorry but you know i will be right.

Ah Daz13 I love reading his posts! :lol:

Opinions, opinions, opinions eh?

You’ll never please everyone with any appointment; whoever was brought in; some would find fault whilst others proclaim them a good signing.

I actually think that whilst this is a massive gamble; it’s actually quite a progressive appointment. We’ve tried the lower league ‘cloggers’ in Brian Talbort, Ronnie Moore & Dave Penney and they haven’t worked; not in the slightest in BT & DP’s cases.

Why not speculate with albeit a green behind the ears young manager? Right now; you’ve got to say we have nothing to loose really? Disaffected fan base; crumbling ground, poor squad etc – it can’t really go any worse than it already is can it? The only way to go for us right now is up; because we really can’t any worse than we have been surely????

If he (PD) manages to transplant even a quarter of his passion for the game; his ethos around effort & workrate; his knowledge of & reading of the game onto our players then we are bound to see an improvement over last season surely?

Whilst it isn’t an appointment to sing about from the rooftops – it just might not be a bad one as far as a club like us is concerned.

Oh, welcome to Oldham Paul, good luck – you’ll get my support – all the best & here’s hoping to a long & fruitful working relationship with OAFC.

Think that's the right approach to take really.

Fifth from bottom will be a raging success next season.

Spin it how you like, it is a cheap appointment of a guy with no experience. Contacts? But, he's got the contacts? Yeah, it's called a phone. If you are deemed a good enough club/manager* (not a nice guy who tried alot as a player due to being not too good), then players will go to play there. Not if you scored an important goal or knew the kit man of ten years ago.

As for backing him? I wouldn't expect much, if anything. Why go thrifty on the manager, only to go ballistic on players (see Huddersfields wasted season)?

*Oops, that won't kick in for a while then.

I see where you are coming from, but I just cannot see Dickov being cheap. He has been at decent paying clubs or a higher level, and international all his career.

I'd also expect him to have given the TTA an idea and some sort of proof of who he would sign rather than just the fact I have a phone and know a lot of people.

Edited by singe

Just heard some pretty astonoshing news. Grayson is leaving Leeds to join Liverpool and wants Dickov as his assistant. Dickov has said yeah, and we are getting Frankie Bunn in charge. That's come from a mixed race right back/left back/ sub not used who plays for the club.