These Vuvuzela horns

How would you feel if my dream came true  

160 members have voted

1. 1. How would you feel if my dream came true?

• I'd be annoyed
    • I would buy one and annoy you with it

FIFA have ruled out a ban.

Well done fifa! Once again showing they have the average football fan at heart. :ranting:

:lol:

You want them to ban something the locals love to appease the media and international masses and see that as an insult to the average football fan?

I hate the damn things but you've got it arse-over-elbow there mate.

O2DC2.jpg

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The vuvuzela had been part of SA "culture" since around 2000, the population of South Africa is 48,687,000 - The ones who can afford to go to the world cup games are a small subset of that 48m.

The TV audience for the world cup is estimated at half a billion, in that half a billion there are more average footie fans than people who want to blow a bloody horn during a football match.

The vuvuzela had been part of SA "culture" since around 2000, the population of South Africa is 48,687,000 - The ones who can afford to go to the world cup games are a small subset of that 48m.

The TV audience for the world cup is estimated at half a billion, in that half a billion there are more average footie fans than people who want to blow a bloody horn during a football match.

You're still dismissing a decade long tradition of the locals - no matter how privileged they may be - for the benefit of people thousands of miles away.

It can be seen from the countless interviews on the BBC, ITV and Sky that the locals, not just those at the games, see the Vuvuzela as a distinct and positive representation of the local football culture.

I hate them and I think they should be banned. It's just your argument that 'average fans' are the reason that I think is misguided.

I read something before saying that at a SA Premier league game, the people playing them would be organised and play them in unison and at the correct times, so they add atmosphere to the game and aren't as constant. Whereas, at the WC these people arent all sat together so they are just being played constantly and with no rhythm.

Anyway, you cant ban them. It would be like saying to Liverpool fans... you can go on the kop, but you cant take scarves and sing.

You need moving !!!

Why you make one rule for me and one for the rest. My thread is moved, this isn't. What about my Matt Glennon thread you moved with a reason about 2 weeks ago, yet if you look on the main page Weaver, Christie & Macken threads are allowed! But yeah.

Why you make one rule for me and one for the rest. My thread is moved, this isn't. What about my Matt Glennon thread you moved with a reason about 2 weeks ago, yet if you look on the main page Weaver, Christie & Macken threads are allowed! But yeah.

Read post one of this thread. Tom wants them at BP as he likes the sound he asks 'what do other Tic fans think' !!!

But, yeah... if you want to Post, dont take the Michael or you wont be able !

No no no. They are ruining the atmosphere of the world cup imo

The constant droning of these horns is now getting on my nerves, and consequently it’s ruining my enjoyment of this World Cup. I thought my tinnitus had got worse! The TV stations seem to have turned the background noise down, which results in the partisan fans not being heard. All you can hear is this monotonous droning noise. As such I find the atmosphere a little soulless.

If anyone brings one to BP and sits near me, I’ll take it off them and place it somewhere where the sun doesn’t shine!

I’ve had my Victor Meldrew rant. Thanks.

:ranting:

Why is the Vuvuzela getting people up in arms? It is part of the African football culture. Yes it maybe annoying but the World Cup is in Africa and thats the atmosphere they create. Its not new or unexpected it has been seen at the African Nations.

If the World Cup was being played at BP everyone would be calling for FIFA to ban booing, moaning, groaning and negativity, but they wouldnt because thats the atmosphere we create ;)

Edited by wozz_oafc

Why is the Vuvuzela getting people up in arms? It is part of the African football culture. Yes it maybe annoying but the World Cup is in Africa and thats the atmosphere they create. Its not new or unexpected it has been seen at the African Nations.

If the World Cup was being played at BP everyone would be calling for FIFA to ban booing, moaning, groaning and negativity, but they wouldnt because thats the atmosphere we create ;)

I doubt they stand there and blow the sodding things all the way through the average local game, it's more like somebody has decided that they are the symbol of African football. Anyway, even if they like it, they are :censored:, and should be banned so that I enjoy the games more. So there.

You're still dismissing a decade long tradition of the locals - no matter how privileged they may be - for the benefit of people thousands of miles away.

It can be seen from the countless interviews on the BBC, ITV and Sky that the locals, not just those at the games, see the Vuvuzela as a distinct and positive representation of the local football culture.

I hate them and I think they should be banned. It's just your argument that 'average fans' are the reason that I think is misguided.

Nowt to do with the £2,000,000 the South Africans are expected to make selling these blasted horns.

:huh:

I doubt they stand there and blow the sodding things all the way through the average local game, it's more like somebody has decided that they are the symbol of African football. Anyway, even if they like it, they are :censored:, and should be banned so that I enjoy the games more. So there.

You tell 'em leeslover! They're bleedin awful.

I don't buy this "its african culture." Like others have said, they are meant to be played in some sort of organised way. The constant sound of a million wasps flying around my head is not what i, or many other people want to hear when we're watching the world cup. All the proper atmosphere such as singing is being drowned out and subsequently ruining the world cup experience.