Dagenham & Redbridge away

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Virign are advertsing some £11 each way fares, but the best I can see is £38 at the moment.

http://www.farefinder.virgintrains.co.uk/

There are also some £9 fares (£18 return) going for Milton Keynes on 18th December. How long / best way to get too/from the ground?

Jeez that's just £15.30 return for me and son with a railcard!

It's about 30 mins into London, but if I recall it's not cheap to get from MK to London.

just in case anyone else is travelling from Dover etc/Ashford, Paddock wood, Tonbridge Sevenoaks line. There's engineering works that day :ranting:

Trains will travel to Victoria it seems.

District line all the way to Dag East approx 1 hour

Thanks to mainstandmoaner for informing us that the District Line is closeed that weekend.

That is a complete pain in the aris.

Looks like some travel problems for this one unless I've got it wrong. Looked at Transport for London from Paddington (where I end up) and Euston to Dagenham East (400 yards from ground) and it appears it's a 2 tubes, 1 Train and a bus to get there. The journey time is ridiculous. Also lookd at going to Dagenham Docks (2 miles from ground) and that ain't brilliant either. I can't think of a way round it, so open to suggestions.

Fenchurch St line to Upminster and back from there is an option

Hi dave

Thanks for this, unfortauntely, The District line is closed from Embankment that weekend, and there is no Circle Line at all that weekend.

TFL jouney planner says it cannot be done!

One option might be to try. to Victoria, Victoria Line to Oxford circus, Oxf Cirucus central to Liverpool St, Liver Pool St fast train to Romford, back the couple of miles from Romford to Dagenham.

Hi dave

Thanks for this, unfortauntely, The District line is closed from Embankment that weekend, and there is no Circle Line at all that weekend.

TFL jouney planner says it cannot be done!

One option might be to try. to Victoria, Victoria Line to Oxford circus, Oxf Cirucus central to Liverpool St, Liver Pool St fast train to Romford, back the couple of miles from Romford to Dagenham.

Very annoyed about this - it was the one game I really wanted to see this season but as I have to be somewhere in the evening it isn't possible. My local scouts tell me to get the overground from Liverpool Street to Romford and then the 103 bus to Dagenham East. Not bad in tehory as I come into Liverpool Street but the unpredictability of the journey back makes that a non-starter

Getting the Fenchurch St line to Upminster means a cab back from there to Dagenham which would be about £15

Not sure what's going on at Liverpool Street, but if you try to book tickets it shows Transfer to Stratford then train to Romford. This one is going to be a right discomfort in the rectum. If I drive over, the M25 isn't a very appealing proposition either. :ranting:

Not sure what's going on at Liverpool Street, but if you try to book tickets it shows Transfer to Stratford then train to Romford. This one is going to be a right discomfort in the rectum. If I drive over, the M25 isn't a very appealing proposition either. :ranting:

I know it's counter-intuitive, but it's probably better to go round the M25 to the south from the M4. I think there's still semi-permanent roadworks on the norvern route.

Well spotted Bristol

Christ on a bike they are really trying to keep the atendance down

Liverpool St no trainins running as far as Stratford

Every sodding line Icould use.

Liverpool St woes

20 Nov

..southEastern to Victoria. 55 mins

2 stops Circle and District to Westminster 10 mins

Westminster to Stratford 30 mins

Stratford to Romford 20 mins

Romford to Dagenham 15 mins by taxi 30 mins by bus

Total 2 hours+ if all the connections are OK

Normal day

South Eastern to Charing Cross 40 mins

Walk to Embankment 5 mins

Embankment to Dagenham East 45 mins

Total 1 hr 30mins

What a palaver

Edited by singe

Bollocks! That's £32 down the pan, was looking forward to this - getting to London early, so no problems getting to the game but getting back for the 7pm from Euston is pretty unlikely I reckon. At least I haven't paid for match-tickets too. Train tickets for me and my son non-refundable so will have to take the hit.

Bollocks! That's £32 down the pan, was looking forward to this - getting to London early, so no problems getting to the game but getting back for the 7pm from Euston is pretty unlikely I reckon. At least I haven't paid for match-tickets too. Train tickets for me and my son non-refundable so will have to take the hit.

You might be able to flog the outbound tickets to someone?

(not me though - sorry)